• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,157,771

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Amazing that a team with Emile "better than De Bruyne" Smith Rowe, Eddie "better than Messi" Nketiah and Chris "deserves to play for the first team" Willock failed to beat a plastic youth team.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Looks like our terrible academy coverage continues as there has been virtually no reporting of our U23 or U18 games at all and the highlights still haven't been loaded and it's almost Wednesday. Thank God for Jeorge Bird!

Fortunately, I had to trawl City's website to get the highlights for the U23 game:

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/match-highlights/2018/august/man-city-eds-v-arsenal-match-highlights

It's not fantastic, can't tell necessarily who's doing what but the gist can be made out. Smith-Rowe, Bielik and Amaechi looked good from the highlights. Saka had a really nice assist for Mavididi's goal.

An attacking midfield trident of Saka, Smith-Rowe and Amaechi sounds pretty good for U23 level. They should all realistically receive call-ups at some point in the season but chances are Smith-Rowe is the only one that will see any special amount of time. Amaechi and Saka are very much still fledgling at this point but Amaechi IMO has the opportunity to stake a very large claim for a first team look-in. Like Nelson, an excellent 1v1 player, multi-faceted but probably enjoys being a wide man more than Nelson does (Nelson obviously having designs on potentially being a #10). Really excellent at creating chances. He had 2 assists to Smith-Rowe on the day.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Looks like our terrible academy coverage continues as there has been virtually no reporting of our U23 or U18 games at all and the highlights still haven't been loaded and it's almost Wednesday. Thank God for Jeorge Bird!

Fortunately, I had to trawl City's website to get the highlights for the U23 game:

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/match-highlights/2018/august/man-city-eds-v-arsenal-match-highlights

It's not fantastic, can't tell necessarily who's doing what but the gist can be made out. Smith-Rowe, Bielik and Amaechi looked good from the highlights. Saka had a really nice assist for Mavididi's goal.

An attacking midfield trident of Saka, Smith-Rowe and Amaechi sounds pretty good for U23 level. They should all realistically receive call-ups at some point in the season but chances are Smith-Rowe is the only one that will see any special amount of time. Amaechi and Saka are very much still fledgling at this point but Amaechi IMO has the opportunity to stake a very large claim for a first team look-in. Like Nelson, an excellent 1v1 player, multi-faceted but probably enjoys being a wide man more than Nelson does (Nelson obviously having designs on potentially being a #10). Really excellent at creating chances. He had 2 assists to Smith-Rowe on the day.

Yeah what the hell is going on there , the only time I get to watch our academy play is when I tune in to cfc, mufc and lfc channels . Who contstantly play , replay these matches . I swear it's almost like Arsenal has been left in neglect .

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah what the hell is going on there , the only time I get to watch our academy play is when I tune in to cfc, mufc and lfc channels . Who contstantly play , replay these matches . I swear it's almost like Arsenal has been left in neglect .
A few years ago, when asked about the inconsistent youth team coverage and whether there were plans to stream the games on the website regularly, Gazidis replied - and I quote: There's not enough interest in the youth team to warrant the coverage. So it's definitely purposeful neglect - and given how barren this thread sometimes is, I guess he isn't completely wrong. Liverpool and United pretty consistently stream their U23s, Chelsea also. I'm not sure about City - this is the first time I've noticed their coverage and the highlights were only posted today. Arsenal have yet to post coverage.

It's something I would hope the club will improve on. They stream the bigger fixtures and that's it (City at home, Chelsea at home etc). They didn't even stream the PL2 title clincher v West Ham (West Ham very kindly streamed the game on their youtube channel).

At the least, I'd like longer highlights rather than those pitiful 4 minute videos.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

A few years ago, when asked about the inconsistent youth team coverage and whether there were plans to stream the games on the website regularly, Gazidis replied - and I quote: There's not enough interest in the youth team to warrant the coverage. So it's definitely purposeful neglect - and given how barren this thread sometimes is, I guess he isn't completely wrong. Liverpool and United pretty consistently stream their U23s, Chelsea also. I'm not sure about City - this is the first time I've noticed their coverage and the highlights were only posted today. Arsenal have yet to post coverage.

It's something I would hope the club will improve on. They stream the bigger fixtures and that's it (City at home, Chelsea at home etc). They didn't even stream the PL2 title clincher v West Ham (West Ham very kindly streamed the game on their youtube channel).

At the least, I'd like longer highlights rather than those pitiful 4 minute videos.

It's a bloody big mistake imo. All the big Clubs do it it's another way for people to immerse/build strengthen connections with the Club ,how would people on here even take an interest when it's practically invisible it's incredibly short sighted .

The big clubs CFC , MUFC and LFC have 24hr channels that broad cast them constantly, do pieces with players , ex players , fans, tea ladies , history of the Club even cartoons ffs .It just builds deeper connections with fans and attracts more fans to their Clubs.

Sometimes I think this Club has been left in neglect for last the 6-7 years .

Last edited:

Relic

I think the interest is there, just don't think the promotion of youth games is any good.

I've missed U-23 games, when they're lucky enough to be on, I would have watched if they had been promoted better so I knew they where being shown..

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Just as well that he can actually play then and is decent technically. Showed really good aptitude for both defending and attacking and links well with his teammates.
Sounds promising for sure, I just thought that some of these players take advantage of their superior physique at younger age where they can bully kids and they don't quite develop other aspects of their game. Best example I can think of now would be Benik Afobe.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Sounds promising for sure, I just thought that some of these players take advantage of their superior physique at younger age where they can bully kids and they don't quite develop other aspects of their game. Best example I can think of now would be Benik Afobe.

Yeah that kind of definitely happens.

9jagooner

On Goal.com today:

"Unai Emery said last Friday that Campbell is allowed to leave: "We have three players who have the opportunity to leave: Carl Jenkinson, David Ospina and Campbell," said the trainer. The winger is now in the Emirates Stadium until mid-2019 and that contract will be bought for an unknown amount by PhD student Frosinone."

Who is the PhD student? :lol::lol::lol:

neimad

On Goal.com today:

"Unai Emery said last Friday that Campbell is allowed to leave: "We have three players who have the opportunity to leave: Carl Jenkinson, David Ospina and Campbell," said the trainer. The winger is now in the Emirates Stadium until mid-2019 and that contract will be bought for an unknown amount by PhD student Frosinone."

Who is the PhD student? :lol::lol::lol:

The Sugar Daddy who bought Campbell. A guys gotta earn a crust somehow...

2z0q.gif

nick gould

Best example is the former academy captain, none other than Jay Emanuel Thomas.

Can this boy play in central defence as well? With his physical attributes, maybe he could end up there instead.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom