• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,157,881

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Mat Macey loan highlights:

Oct
Sep
Bielik loan highlights:

Oct
Sep
Short highlights, but be thankful. It's had to find any videos on these guys.
Great post. Looks like Macey's kicking still needs some work. But shot stopping and handling of the ball is very good. He's so freaking tall btw.

Fallout

i've had a life change and as a result haven't been able to follow the reserve team closely this season. if someone would be generous enough to educate me, i'm curious to know about 2-3 of our most talented reserves and their likelihood of breaking into the team next season. do we have any more nelson's, nketiah's, smith-rowe's on the horizon? (my knowledge is current up until last season).

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
i've had a life change and as a result haven't been able to follow the reserve team closely this season. if someone would be generous enough to educate me, i'm curious to know about 2-3 of our most talented reserves and their likelihood of breaking into the team next season. do we have any more nelson's, nketiah's, smith-rowe's on the horizon? (my knowledge is current up until last season).
I've been to a few games and managed to keep up with most of the U23 games so far. Have been keeping tabs on the U18s too. So far this season these are the players who've impressed me the most that haven't yet appeared for the 1st team (excluding Willock, as he's already played for the first team, and Pleguezuelo too):

1. Bukayo Saka. LW/RW/LB

He's just turned 17 and he's taking the U23s by storm so far this season. Willock has been the strongest player but Saka has made himself a starter already for the U23s and ably replaced the loaned Nelson and the injured Amaechi. He's very fast, very direct, a destructive dribbler at LW/RW and very comfortable in the final 3rd laying on or scoring goals. He's also pretty handy at LB. I'd be surprised if he isn't around the first team next year, such is his promise.

2. Danny Ballard. CB

Potential fan favorite. Habitual line clearances, tough tackles, manful blocks and clearances - and he's a handy passer too. He was originally released by Arsenal but brought back and offered a scholarship after impressing on his return. He's fitted seamlessly into the U23 setup and formed strong partnerships with both Pleguezuelo and the giant Zech Medley - a somewhat error prone but similarly promising defender in his own right.

3. Xavier Amaechi. LW/RW

He broke a metatarsal a month or two ago and should be back soon. He's still very talented and very similar to Reiss Nelson in that both are pacy dribblers with an eye for goal. While Nelson has designs on being a second striker/#10, Amaechi is far happier as a wide man and relishes beating his full back on either side. He can cut in or go to the byline, he's a good crosser and creates a lot of chances. His shooting needs a bit of work but he still scores a decent amount of goals. An underrated trait is that he plays a good reverse pass after cutting in from the right. He's also the 2nd fastest player at the entire club and is capable of dribbling at around that same pace.

Some honourable mentions from the U18 setup:

Yunus Musah: A schoolboy CM (still 15) who has the all-round ability to be as good as he wants to be. Pogba-like. Big, athletic, very technical. Good dribbler.

Sam Greenwood: We signed him from Sunderland U18s and he's not just fit in, he's established himself as key. A very good technician and a clean finisher. Can play anywhere in the forward line.

Matt Smith: Another CM, not as athletic as Musah but an excellent passer and technician. Is the current U18 captain and always provides himself as an option when we're in possession.

Miguel Azeez: Yet another schoolboy CM (15). Arguably the most promising despite the short amount of minutes. Like Musah, big (6'2), athletic, technical (great passer) and can be as good as he wants to be. Potentially a player who can dictate.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Tyreece John-Jules is special talent. Another one who has stepped up to u23 football this season and is doing very good things.
Playing in the U23s and especially the Checkatrade has really helped him. Very multifaceted #9. I reckon he'd do pretty good on loan next season. With Nketiah being the auxiliary 3rd striker now, he's definitely the U23 marksman now. I think he's also a perfect foil for a direct winger like Saka and on-rushing midfielders - the relationship John-Jules has with the likes of Saka, Willock, Coyle and Amaechi has led to a lot of goals since his U18 debut. Amaechi being injured doesn't help but Trae Coyle seems to have come back to some form and found his place as the RW in that team.

He doesn't have the goalscoring record Eddie Nketiah has but his all-round game is highly encouraging and arguably more developed than Nketiah's at the same age - although Nketiah's all-round game has developed excellently since then.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
How highly rated is Macey supposed to be? I've never viewed him as really having a chance to make the first team.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom