• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,158,320

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The young gooners are in my town tomorrow. I'll see if I can go watch them live
Good stuff! Hope it's a good game for us and you have a good time! If anyone can't make it, chances are the game will be live on Derby's website (as it has been the last couple of times we've played them at U23 level).

Koscielny should be playing this game aswell as he gets back to some fitness. Jordi Osei-Tutu is also back from injury but could be on the bench. Tyreece John-Jules is certain to continue playing at #9 with Saka and Coyle flanking him. There's a chance that Willock will miss this game if Emery decides to bring him to Ukraine. If not, he'll definitly start alongside Gilmour with Olayinka ahead of him. Lineup could be:

Iliev
Pleguezuelo Ballard Koscielny Thompson
Gilmour Smith/Willock
Coyle Olayinka Saka
John-Jules
Here's another clip of Malcolm Ebiowei:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Nketiah definately needs to get more game time. I can't believe he hasnt started a game yet in either of the cup competitions. Auba was getting really tired last 5 minutes, he definitely needed to come on earlier for Auba.

HBL

Established Member
Interested to see the line up tonight, could give us a good indication of the squad for Thursday. Mainly interested in seeing if Pleguezuelo and Willock play, I think they both deserve a chance on Thursday.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Interested to see the line up tonight, could give us a good indication of the squad for Thursday. Mainly interested in seeing if Pleguezuelo and Willock play, I think they both deserve a chance on Thursday.
Definitely - would be a surprise to see Willock play tonight. Pleguezuelo I could see playing tonight but we aren't particularly deep on defenders currently so he should really be traveling to Ukraine with the first team.

I think tonight is big opportunity for Trae Coyle IMO. He's been somewhat overshadowed by the bigger personalities in this U23 team, namely Willock, Saka and arguably Olayinka, who's become a ubiquitous figure for Ljungberg. I think tonight could be an opportunity to make a significant step forward, as I believe that Coyle is up there with the bigger talents at the club. It was not long ago that he was at a similar level to Nelson when he was younger, and it's a shame that his injuries really curtailed his development. He's starting to get back to a decent level and I'd love to see him explode for the U23s, starting with tonight.

With all the other places pretty much solidified in that team, his is the one that feels tenuous, particularly as he's playing RW even though he's a central player and is there because Amaechi is still hurt. John-Jules is the premier #9 aswell, which is a spot Coyle could conceivably get but John-Jules is unlikely to get moved, especially given how integral he's becoming himself. Coyle is still very young but he's still got a lot to prove with his considerable talent.

In U18 news though, we lost to Sp**s. They're strong (they've leapfrogged us to top of the table) but it's a disappointing loss, especially considering we missed 2 pens. One major positive is Flo Balogun though. He's really coming on leaps and bounds, and starting to boast a really impressive scoring record now, almost Nketiah levels!

https://player.arsenal.com/video/u-18s-tottenham-highlights

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Poor 1st half from Arsenal - we're down 1-0 to a decent Derby team that always gives us trouble. Same fixture last season required a special Reiss Nelson performance in the 2nd half to pull us to victory. Right now this team lacks that specialness other than Bukayo Saka.

The team has mostly missed Willock a great deal - his ability to dominate midfield at this level is sorely missed and Gilmour has tried valiantly to replicate that. Zelalem has been our best player though, he looks halfway back to his base level. Some great turns and passes, and generally finding space and using the ball brilliantly. Coyle has been pretty decent aswell. Bramall has used his pace well but his crossing is terrible. Bola has struggled (conceded the pen that led to Derby's goal, he also gave the ball away and that led to his penalty), as has Koscielny at times. Ballard's been relatively decent in comparison. Oluwu hasn't been bad either but a bit too slow to make decisions. John-Jules been poor and Olayinka has not done a great deal either.

We should really switch back to a back 4, this formation doesn't work with the personnel. Bola should come off and Saka should be brought in. Olayinka and Gilmour as the pivot with Zelalem ahead or in a flat 3 and John-Jules flanked by Coyle and Saka.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom