• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v. Sunderland [League - 21 Feb 2009 15:00]

True Gooner

Established Member
On the lack of a breakthrough…
“The team gives everything and wants to do well, I think the attitude is very, very good in the final third. At the moment we aren’t as efficient as I believe we can be for different reasons. Sometimes because our game is not vertical enough and sometimes we aren’t relaxed enough in our finishing. Our passing sometimes isn’t incisive enough. That’s why the strikers aren’t alerted quickly enough.”

- Wenger

JazzG

Established Member
I know Wenger's words are meant to give confidence to the players but I wish this guy would drop this bullshit and just lay into them for once in public because this giving confidence through the press thing obviously isn't working.

If anything I think we really could of done with Diaby, the guy is lazy and lethargic at the best of times but still offers so much more in attack than Denilson or Diaby. Thought him and Denilson's partnership had started to look ok you know but right on cue he got injured!

Unforgiven

Established Member
JazzG said:
I know Wenger's words are meant to give confidence to the players but I wish this guy would drop this bullshit and just lay into them for once in public because this giving confidence through the press thing obviously isn't working.

If anything I think we really could of done with Diaby, the guy is lazy and lethargic at the best of times but still offers so much more in attack than Denilson or Diaby. Thought him and Denilson's partnership had started to look ok you know but right on cue he got injured!

I agree. I think Diaby has improved a lot over the past few weeks and has actually been a descent CM who can make an impact. We need him because he does push forward and can keep the ball in the box.

AFCG7

Established Member
Notice hw many times he used ' enough' in that sequence . Funny how he never seems to realise certain players arent good enogh either and need to be sent to jail for the rest of the season.

progman07

Established Member
True Gooner said:
On the lack of a breakthrough…
“The team gives everything and wants to do well, I think the attitude is very, very good in the final third. At the moment we aren’t as efficient as I believe we can be for different reasons. Sometimes because our game is not vertical enough and sometimes we aren’t relaxed enough in our finishing. Our passing sometimes isn’t incisive enough. That’s why the strikers aren’t alerted quickly enough.”

- Wenger
The only problem with this stuff is that he has been saying the exact same since September and it hasn't been working AT ALL. Maybe he should come out once and slaughter the players, just to bring some changes - it can't can worse, really.

We are so toothless in the attack it's ridiculous for a supposedly attacking team. Even if perhaps Hull or Sunderland go through three consecutive games without scoring I wonder why are they in a slump like that, but if Arsenal does it, it's more than criminal.

kamikaze80

Established Member
why does wenger think these things aren't happening? obviously, he needs better players. i think the lightbulb has finally gone off and he will buy a CM in the summer. if any of diaby, denilson or song start crying about it, i dont think any of us will lose sleep over it if they leave. i'd prefer to keep diaby out of that triad though.

hackajack

Established Member
He tried to buy DMs in the summer (Inler & Alonso) and there wasn't anyone good available in the January window. I don't think he's unaware of our shortcomings but since we've got no other option than Denilson he's obviously going to boost him up.

banduan

Established Member
I didn't think we had an awful game. I think the entire left flank and RVP were very disappointing, and that's pretty much what cost us the 3 points.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
kamikaze80 said:
why does wenger think these things aren't happening? obviously, he needs better players. i think the lightbulb has finally gone off and he will buy a CM in the summer. if any of diaby, denilson or song start crying about it, i dont think any of us will lose sleep over it if they leave. i'd prefer to keep diaby out of that triad though.
I find myself agreeing with most of your posts nowsaday. I'd prefer to keep diaby too.

But if we buy one CM, the other 3 no need to leave. Its always good to have more than less. But if I am to choose one to leave, it will be Denilson. We have got Ramsey and Cesc most similar to him.

And I think Wenger is aware of our shortcoming. But he just wants players that he really think is good for us.

True Gooner

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:

Over the past few weeks I'm starting to think that a new DM is less and less likely. :(

We're probably going to sign a CB to replace Toure/Gallas.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wenger could have signed a Permiership CM in January. He didn't and I don't think he will in this summer. He has spent 2/3 of the season in deverloping Denilson and possibly with CL qualification as well. It's really baffling that Wenger is willing to stuff two, three, or even four UEFA Cup quality players in the starting XI and expect the team to get the fourth place. And please don't start that b*ll*x on the expected injuries and tight finance that force Wenger's hands.

hackajack

Established Member
He tried to buy Alonso and benitez wouldn't let him go because he couldn't get Barry. Inler didn't want to leave Italy. Who was he supposed to buy Sidwell or Parker or someone else who has shown himself to not be top class?

Unforgiven

Established Member
hackajack said:
He tried to buy Alonso and benitez wouldn't let him go because he couldn't get Barry. Inler didn't want to leave Italy. Who was he supposed to buy Sidwell or Parker or someone else who has shown himself to not be top class?

I think we could have signed Alonso if we offered a few million more but we didn't. But yes the deal was mainly dependent on that.

Feanor

Established Member
tactica442 said:
Wenger could have signed a Permiership CM in January. He didn't and I don't think he will in this summer. He has spent 2/3 of the season in deverloping Denilson and possibly with CL qualification as well. It's really baffling that Wenger is willing to stuff two, three, or even four UEFA Cup quality players in the starting XI and expect the team to get the fourth place. And please don't start that b*ll*x on the expected injuries and tight finance that force Wenger's hands.

I hope Wenger soon realizes that Denilson is useless as a creative CM or as a DM, he could potentially develop Song as a decent DM but not Denilson. Song had some decent performances along Cesc. At the end of the day, our injury situation is just stupid, how would manure be doing if they were missing CR,Giggs, Gingerbitch/Carrick, Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov all at once for large chunks of the season? How about Villa without Barry, Agbonlahor, Young and 3 of their forwards at once for extended periods??? Wenger built an unbalanced squad and then our best players got hurt, some not his fault, others he just lives in a ****ing dream world (Rosicky). That performance against Sunderland was abysmal. At this rate, we'll be lucky if we can hold on to 5th.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom