• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal-Wolves Match Report

KoLo28

Nice work Ally. Sounds like a good performance from the youngans. I want Wiltord to start against Leiscter :)

JazzG

Established Member
From what I've read about Cesc he is kinda like Mendieta for his youth team. He burst forward and scores loads of games. Pires and Bergkamp penetrate with clever passes, he gets through with his drive and commitment. From reading the match reports for his U17 matches thats the impression im getting. I also hear he has is good at long range passes. He ended up costing us 2.25mill, don't think Wenger would spend that kind of money if he doesn't see something special.

No one expects him to be superb for us yet, he is on 16 ffs. Once he is physically mature only then we can see what type of player he will become for us.

Any more info on Bentley allyboy? One match report said him and Clichy looked like the new Cole + Pires for us.

Allyboy

Established Member
To be honest Jazz, Bentley did not stand out for me but maybe I missed something others saw.

I agree about Clichy though, he was quality.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
the announcers on Arsenal.com were singing Bentley's praises as well.... heard his name here and there thru the match, but didnt hear it constantly enough to think he was dominating the match or anything

JazzG

Established Member
nnn said in another thread he thought Bentley was impressive was tightly marked so maybe thats why he didn't really get going. Have no doubts about his ability though, he will be a star for us :)

nnn

Bentley : Got clattered about 15 seconds into the match, they stuck really tight to him, his control was excellent, as was most of his passing, he was'nt hugely dangerous, but knew where the goal was. He was very skillfull, no doubts, but was'nt in the box much. The crowd were very appreciative of his touches and passing, which was smart overall.

I can't quite agree with Ally calling him quiet personally, but we all have our take on these things.

Pikeypete

Great report Allyboy, I missed this game and wanted to know how the youth got on. I thought Bentley was a forward DB10 type player, it seems he played on the left?

You could have maybe named most of the team with players playing in their preferred position but the left-mid position was not obvious to me. Was Bentley just filling in on the left side :?:

lewdikris

Established Member
I said it yesterday - I think this is where Bentley's future may lie, moving in off the wing into the centre: Wenger's favoured way for attacking midfielders to play.
Cheers for the report Allyboy - I really regret not going now. I thought we'd get tamely beaten by an infinitely more experienced team. Christ. Paul Ince was a pro before Cesc was born.

Brilliant performance: In Cesc, Ali, Bentley and Clichy we definitely have stars of the future, which is great to know.

beaney

Allyboy said:
To be honest Jazz, Bentley did not stand out for me but maybe I missed something others saw.

I agree about Clichy though, he was quality.

I was at the game, and i actually thought bently did quite well.

He looks to have decent pace, and is an excellent crosser of the ball, his corners were all very good.
He wasnt excellent, but i thought he did well considering he hasnt played for the 1st team for ages!

Clichy was very good, i am with you on that one, he will be one for our first team for sure!

beaney

yeah and: incey, whats the score? incey incey whats the score?

oh and: go back.... to the nationwide ( to the tune of 1 nil to the arsenal)

brilliant!!!!!

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hello I wanted to reply to you earlier but all I got was Debug notice come up on my computer
Hopefully I can do this reply and submit it ok
As always I enjoyed reading it
I appriciate what you did Ally for us all
You must of been very tired when you got home but you very kindly spent time to put this up in the forum in the early hours
We got very good youth team
Lets hope Justin gets better very soon from his injury
Another record withCesc being the youngest scorer
wonder say in 3 years time whom from the team who played yesterday will be in Arsenal 'main players'
Once again Ally great report

Arsenal1989

i Was at the game last night and the atmosphere was Excellent the chants they were singing were brilliant we were so hyped we even cheered for them when they scored! lol!! like someone said the Chant of Go back to the nationwide Was Brilliant and "are you Inter in disguise?"
was funny!

A very good game well worth the 15 quid.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom