• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal's back formation???

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 718

kel varnsen

Established Member
Chips&CurrySauce said:
Eddie Willis, you beat me too it... Ashley Cole is caught ourt of position loads of times and no one says anything...

which is a result of very offensive full backs. it is a trade off; offense vs. defense.

adampembrey

................................Lehmann.............................................

RB.........................CB............CB.......................................LB

...........VIEIRA.........GILBERTO........................
LJUNGBERG....................CESC.........................................REYES

HENRY

I have wimped out of selecting a back four because we have 6 players who deserve to start there (Lauren Toure Campbell Senderos Cole Clichy)
The rest is a slight variation of how we play with bergkamp in the side. Cesc would be more of an attacking mid than a second striker, allowing him the freedom to play his passes as PV and GS would do the donkey work in midfield. It would require very high workrate from the two wingers as they would have to help out in midfield, get wide, track back and also get into the box to support Henry. This is why I have selected Reyes ahead of Bobby. I am not saying Bob is lazy or anything but he is 31/32 and it may be a bit difficult for him.

I feel this formation would help in games where teams swamp the midfield and also make us solid at the back as they would be better protected. We rely a lot on Henry for goals at the moment so not much would change there.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom