• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal's True Spending Position: There is no top 6

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Can't believe Jury and Mark Tobias were banned and @HairSprayGooners is still trolling and insulting at will. :lol::lol::lol: He lives a charmed life.

You never respond to my posts with any form of acknowledgement. Theyre always just trolling in your opinion? Why is that? You cannot take points against yours on board and you never actually reply to points against yours. Bizarre.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You never respond to my posts with any form of acknowledgement. Theyre always just trolling in your opinion? Why is that? You cannot take points against yours on board and you never actually reply to points against yours. Bizarre.
Mate, I've replied to your posts dozens of times and you keep coming back with the same stuff. Enough now.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mate, I've replied to your posts dozens of times and you keep coming back with the same stuff. Enough now.

Isnt the same stuff though. A club could spend 720M on 10 Pepe's and their squad cost would be mammoth but doesn't mean it will make them finish top 3. You are something else.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Isnt the same stuff though. A club could spend 720M on 10 Pepe's and their squad cost would be mammoth but doesn't mean it will make them finish top 3. You are something else.
Nobody buys 10 Pepe's ffs.:lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That's because you don't understand about odds.

History shows us that the more money you spend the better your odds of finishing higher up the league. Simple. That's it. It's not a theory, It's a fact. You're taking it too literally.

You want to consider the Prem since Fergie left. At the bottom is the expenditure on players in the table from Transfermarkt 2013-2021.

You can see United have invested the 3rd most on players in that time.
So where have they finished? 7, 4, 5, 6, 2, 6, 3rd. With respect to their investment position of 3rd they've finished (-4), (-1), (-2), (-3), (+1), (-3),(0)

So even with volatility, losing a long term manager and struggling with transfers and with a succession of different managers the most they are away from their investment position is 4 places, not 10, not 15. And that's because of the quality they can buy and the odds of them finishing higher up the table. A good manager like Fergie with stability can turn -2 into +2.

D953192-C-290-F-465-A-93-BD-863-DF355-A50-A.jpg

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If Liverpool are 4th how is it they won the league? Or Leicester in 2016?
Not you too. It's all about odds. Chelsea have won it 5 times in 16 years, Liverpool have won it once in 30 years spending 4th.

Leicester have won it once in 140 years ffs. Why is it so hard to understand?

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Not you too. It's all about odds. Chelsea have won it 5 times in 16 years, Liverpool have won it once in 30 years spending 4th.

Leicester have won it once in 140 years ffs. Why is it so hard to understand?

Changing the goalposts :lol:

Why do Sp**s and Leicester keep finishing above us if we have a higher squad cost then?

Godwin1

Very well-known
That's because you don't understand about odds.

History shows us that the more money you spend the better your odds of finishing higher up the league. Simple. That's it. It's not a theory, It's a fact. You're taking it too literally.

You want to consider the Prem since Fergie left. At the bottom is the expenditure on players in the table from Transfermarkt 2013-2021.

You can see United have invested the 3rd most on players in that time.
So where have they finished? 7, 4, 5, 6, 2, 6, 3rd. With respect to their investment position of 3rd they've finished (-4), (-1), (-2), (-3), (+1), (-3),(0)

So even with volatility, losing a long term manager and struggling with transfers and with a succession of different managers the most they are away from their investment position is 4 places, not 10, not 15. And that's because of the quality they can buy and the odds of them finishing higher up the table. A good manager like Fergie with stability can turn -2 into +2.

D953192-C-290-F-465-A-93-BD-863-DF355-A50-A.jpg
What time period does this graph cover mate?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Changing the goalposts :lol:

Why do Sp**s and Leicester keep finishing above us if we have a higher squad cost then?
Simple, with Wenger the club finished 1, 2 maybe 3 places above it's squad cost. Wenger beat Sp**s for 20 years straight and Leicester 19 years.

The club now is in a mess and finishing 1, 2, 3 places below their squad cost.

Why is this so hard for you?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I would like to compare us to Bayern on management. Bayern never spend much but continues to dominate in Europe and their league.

Why? Because they a run better from top to bottom.

For me, a well run club with a good manager can get top 4 in EPL. Spending does not equal instant success....see Evrton.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Simple, with Wenger the club finished 1, 2 maybe 3 places above it's squad cost. Wenger beat Sp**s for 20 years straight and Leicester 19 years.

The club now is in a mess and finishing 1, 2, 3 places below their squad cost.

Why is this so hard for you?

3 places off squad cost? You just defeated your own squad cost = league position theory.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

3 places off squad cost? You just defeated your own squad cost = league position theory.
Squad cost doesn't equal league position and never has done on any study I've seen.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Funny @Makingtrax never mentions wages with these arguments. Also the table on the left of the tweet pretty much debunks this thread AGAIN. With Liverpool.

Doesn’t that tweet torpedo your “squad is relegation quality so leave Mikel alone” argument btw?

If a manager with little spending power can climb the table what’s Mikel’s excuse for doing so poorly?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I would like to compare us to Bayern on management. Bayern never spend much but continues to dominate in Europe and their league.

Why? Because they a run better from top to bottom.

For me, a well run club with a good manager can get top 4 in EPL. Spending does not equal instant success....see Evrton.
You can't compare leagues with money. The Bundesliga is run completely differently, they can have their pick of the best young German players and they're not paying over the odds like the Prem.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
You can't compare leagues with money. The Bundesliga is run completely differently, they can have their pick of the best young German players and they're not paying over the odds like the Prem.

Yes you can. They are not buying just German players.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom