• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène said unbeaten season is much better than winning CL

Black Cesar

I have to agree with him. Winning the Champions League can not be that far off for Arsenal.

Also I rather have the 'unbeaten' tag in our history over a treble.

If we keep on playing like we do we will hoover up most trophies our way every year. So the trophy count is not that important as long as it happens over a this period under Wenger.

Our Season 'unbeaten will never ever be done.

I think a treble can be done quite regularly.

Porto 2002-2003
Liverpool 2000-2001
Manchester United 1998-1999

Unbeaten season has never been done in France, Spain, Portugal and Germany.

And only been done twice in (Arsenal & Milan) in the big leagues.

Senght

I agree that the unbeaten tag is a slightly better tag than a "treble-winnign" side but ill take the treble any day. 3 trophies, triple the amount of money $$$

Andrew

I think it's BS to be honest. His major goal, deep down, would be to win the CL. But he has to say things like this to get over the dissapointment of the CL as he's the manager.

JazzG

Established Member
He is talking rubbish imo. CL over unbeaten any day of the week, winning the league was important, it doesn't matter if you lose 10 games or none you have to win the league. Unbeaten is impressive but the CL makes a team great, your own league just shows your quite good.

Black Cesar said:

Porto 2002-2003
Liverpool 2000-2001

A proper treble is the League, CL and the domestic cup, in our case FA cup. 2 of those teams haven't won a proper treble.

Sorry to say this but if you would take an unbeaten season over the treble then there is something wrong with you. In 20 years time no one will remember we went unbeaten but Man Utd have trully made themselves immortal with their treble.

Taozhe

Our unbeaten run even gave us a special Trophy which was never won before ;D

DO U HAF IT MANURE!!!???? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D

Soler

Established Member
JazzG said:
He is talking rubbish imo. CL over unbeaten any day of the week, winning the league was important, it doesn't matter if you lose 10 games or none you have to win the league. Unbeaten is impressive but the CL makes a team great, your own league just shows your quite good.

Black Cesar said:

Porto 2002-2003
Liverpool 2000-2001

A proper treble is the League, CL and the domestic cup, in our case FA cup. 2 of those teams haven't won a proper treble.

But Porto nearly did win a proper treble. 2003/2004 Portuguese I Liga champions, 2003/2004 UEFA Champion's League champions - Benfica beat them in the Taça do Portugal final.

va_va_voom

I think what Arsène was getting at was that the consistency required to stay unbeaten over 38 games in the EPL, notoriously one of the toughest leagues in the world, is better than winning the Champions League over 13 games, where you can afford yourself a loss or two in the gropup stages or one leg of a tie and still progress in the tournament.

In that context it is better, but I still think he'd rather win the champions league. At the start of each season he says the goals are win the EPL, & win the champions league. Never does he say it is our goal to go unbeaten. He thinks its possible, but its not his goal.

Adam

Established Member
For morale - play up your acheivement.

This season - we all knew it was more important to win the Premiership after last year and re-estqablish ourselves at the helm of English footy, and doing it the way we did - makes it a more important acheivement to us than the Champions League.

Gurgen

Established Member
JazzG said:
In 20 years time no one will remember we went unbeaten but Man Utd have trully made themselves immortal with their treble.

Just like nobody remembered Preston? :roll:

KingReyes

Established Member
I think he's just trying to have another dig at Sir Fungus from Manure. At the same time it boasts the morale of the players but I think Wenger knows that the treble is better. Hopefully he will realise that when he does it. :p

Jinn

Established Member
No, going unbeaten is truly more historic.

As he said, someone always wins the Champions League every year, but going a whole season unbeaten isn't all that common.

The rarity of the achievement makes it truly special.

Soler

Established Member
Gurgen said:
JazzG said:
In 20 years time no one will remember we went unbeaten but Man Utd have trully made themselves immortal with their treble.

Just like nobody remembered Preston? :roll:

Nobody made mention of PNE's achievement until this season.

lewdikris

Established Member
Sorry, but the Treble IS more important - you can say that the unbeaten is more historic, but that does rather forget the fact that Man Utd were the first team ever to do it in European football.... and we are not the first team to do it in Europe, Ajax and Milan already have in the modern era. It'a an enormous achievement, but in terms of firsts, Utd genuinely did set the biggest one possible.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom