• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger statue to be unveiled at the Emirates

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah but they are a corporate and like all corporates they have skeletons in their closet. (And let’s be real, the gulf states have more than their fair share of bones stashed away). I don’t wanna see the purity of what Arsène stood for polluted by whatever sponsor we have for the stadium. I like the idea but not the implications.

That being said, I’m sure Arsène signed off on (or perhaps even instigated) selling the naming rights being the fiscally responsible chap he was so maybe it’s not as bad as it seems in my head.
All of them are devils.

Arsène works for Fifa now.

You have to make some concessions in this world sadly.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
All of them are devils.

Arsène works for Fifa now.

You have to make some concessions in this world sadly.
Alas you’re right of course. Even gods have to make deals with the devil these days.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A statue is not enough, the Emirates Stadium should also have his name forever.
Yes, because he was the one that built it with his own sweat and tears. Gave his reassurance to the bank for the loan, that he wouldn’t leave. Kept us in top 4 on a pittance to pay back the debt. Which of ultimately course led to his humiliation by the ****** who mocked him because he couldn’t compete with Ferguson and Mourinho.

The Arsène Wenger stadium has a beautiful ring to it. A tribute to the man who sacrificed everything for this club.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yes, because he was the one that built it with his own sweat and tears. Gave his reassurance to the bank for the loan, that he wouldn’t leave. Kept us in top 4 on a pittance to pay back the debt. Which of ultimately course led to his humiliation by the **** who mocked him because he couldn’t compete with Ferguson and Mourinho.

The Arsène Wenger stadium has a beautiful ring to it. A tribute to the man who sacrificed everything for this club.
There is probably too much money in selling the naming rights for this to happen though? I could see one of the stands, or maybe the training grounds at Colney getting named after him. The stadium itself? I'd be surprised.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If the statue ain't this...

nintchdbpict000403958848.jpg

...then there is no point to anything!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I think with the stadium rights revenue you don't want to sully Arsène's name. Don't want to see the Arsène Wenger Dominoes Arena in 20 years time or whatever.

Statue and name Colney after him. He was a facilitator and nurturer of talent and people. The training centre seems the best representation of his talents and legacy to me and it's a bit more understated than the stadium, which I think Arsène would like too.

?????

I, for one, welcome the Arsène Wenger 2 for 1 pan pizza special, brought to you by Papa John's and its amazing value.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Unfortunately, we'd had to put Jose in, otherwise this could have been a contender

ym4p437bnk741.jpg
The stupid look on Mourinho's face almost makes it worth it. And Jon Moss in there also... The noble and upright Arsenal man fighting the PL scumbags! Still wish Wenger would have clocked Mourinho then and there!

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
We should just change the club name to Arsène FC

Arsenal sounds dangerous and American at this point, a bad design decision away from being confused with a esports team

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
There is probably too much money in selling the naming rights for this to happen though? I could see one of the stands, or maybe the training grounds at Colney getting named after him. The stadium itself? I'd be surprised.
I think Emirates are paying us a pittance for the stadium naming rights atm (could be wrong)

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

I think Emirates are paying us a pittance for the stadium naming rights atm (could be wrong)

No you’re right, was a bad deal in hindsight. Officially we only know the total amount we get from Emirates for sponsorship where the majority is for the shirt, unofficially it’s in the region of £4m a year. And it runs till 2028 😭

Horrid deal. Should be 10x that at the very least.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I completely understand that and I should have expanded on my post.

It can be combined as:

The Emirates Arsène Arena
The Emirates Wenger Stadium or similar...
I wonder how workable it would be to name one of the roads outside the stadium after Arsène. I imagine that's a local council matter that should pass pretty easily. Arsène Wenger Blvd or something to that effect.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
No you’re right, was a bad deal in hindsight. Officially we only know the total amount we get from Emirates for sponsorship where the majority is for the shirt, unofficially it’s in the region of £4m a year. And it runs till 2028 😭

Horrid deal. Should be 10x that at the very least.

Who pays 10x of what Emirates do just for a stadium name?

Yeah it's low but I thought it just came with the sponsorship package which overall is ok

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Who pays 10x of what Emirates do just for a stadium name?

Yeah it's low but I thought it just came with the sponsorship package which overall is ok

Yeah it's tough because you have to try and un-entangle the two. But I'll put it this way - our overall package is less than what some of our rivals are getting. And tottenham bloody hotspur are reportedly looking for £20m a year for naming rights to their toilet bowl...

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom