• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger's Press Conference

lewdikris

Established Member
Ok, just to fill you all in on exactly what Wenger's been saying about transfers to the man at Arsenal.com:

When asked about Van Persie he says he won't talk about any transfers til they're done because it messes up deals. Not necessarily an inference about the boy, but although he sells this idea that there's an 80% chance we won't buy someone, his tone of voice is faily positive, by Arsène's reserved standards.

He's then asked about buying or taking someone on loan: he says they'd go for the best deal available in the situation... which leads the questioner to mention Patrick Kluivert, which the boss mildly refutes.

That made me think that Vieri's probably gonna go to Barca in the next ten days, leaving Kluivert in need of some first team action ... and that an old story in the Evening Standard, and elsewhere, said Kluivert could well be coming in January.

Asked about Francis Jeffers, he says he will not be recalled - Wenger wants to honour the loan period.

He also says he has no idea when Wiltord will be back....

So? I guess we should maybe (maybe) add Kluivert to the list of Reyes and Van Persie who could be coming in the next ten days... Other than that, who the hell knows?!

n_henry

This is all very exciting. :angel

Of course, Arsène's not giving anything away, but he's not saying "we're definitely not going to sign anyone" like he was not too long ago...so it's very promising. ;)

Think it'll be RVP or Patrick...don't think it'll be Reyes..

Adam

Established Member
Haha, you're bad for the heart mate!

Let's place emphasis on could for the next ten days and wait untill something official comes out about Kluivert and Reyes.

If we don't then any expectations we build up will lead to dissapointment.

Here's for hoping though.

lewdikris

Established Member
Hey, look, i'm just going along with the *cough* *tabloid-style* Arsenal-Mania report that's number 1 on Newsnow ... if you can't trust Arsenal-Mania who can you trust? Eh, eh?

Can't remember who wrote it though, eh Ad?

:shock:

kajej

Ahh its all really exciting, confusing too! I admire the way Wenger deals with transfers. Honestly I can't see both RVP and Reyes coming since they are the same kind of players. If Dein was in Seville, then i think there is strong interest from Wenger, but the fact that he already made an offer for Persie makes me wonder if he is looking for one of them as a striker only and the other as a deputy for Pires. Does anyone know if Kluivert ever said anything about Arsenal? Whatever happens i have complete faith in Wenger and believe whatever he does will be right.

lewdikris

Established Member
Kluivert's spoken fairly regularly over the years about his wish to play in England - and his preference for Arsenal.

Reyes would be more 'ready' for the first team than Van Persie, who despite having played in a UEFA cup final still looks far from the finished article to me...

n_henry

kajej said:
Does anyone know if Kluivert ever said anything about Arsenal?

I don't think he's said anything regarding transfers, but I seem to recall him saying he did like the club or something like that....but that was a while ago, and my memory ain't that reliable. :?

Sammer

Established Member
A Kluivert signing is imo much more realisitic than a Reyes-signing. I just can´t see Wenger pulling 20 Mill out of the pocket at this stage.

Allyboy

Established Member
After the major let down in the summer transfer market I am going to assume we sign no one and if we do get someone it will be a bonus!

Adam

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Hey, look, i'm just going along with the *cough* *tabloid-style* Arsenal-Mania report that's number 1 on Newsnow ... if you can't trust Arsenal-Mania who can you trust? Eh, eh?

Can't remember who wrote it though, eh Ad?

:shock:

Heh, we have to feed the fans something. I hate to think i am becoming the Verbal Kint of Newsnow - or even you on here..

"the greatest trick that Lewd ever pulled, was to convince the world that Kluivert was coming." ;D

thegame24

Established Member
Allyboy said:
After the major let down in the summer transfer market I am going to assume we sign no one and if we do get someone it will be a bonus!

good point.

and end of the day we still are the best team in england BY FAR.

but i would like kluivert and reyes AND van persie as our attack would bve sorted for another 5 years.

in the summer we can get a defender or 2 then we are sorted

Alexone234

Its the silence that we all hate, the riddles and the silence. Wenger is almost always right at the end of it all though.

pamilih

Kluivert loan signing for the rest of the season will probably most logical. He needs a breather but I think Barcelona needs him still.

OoDy

Natnat said:
Got to keep quiet as Chelsea will be after anyone we say we want to have :lol:

Exactly!.. Man Utd Came Out Talking How They`d Like PSV Eindhoven`s Robben And Now Chelsea Joins Them In The Chase For His Signature

Henry14

Kluivert won't be loaned, he'll go this month for 4m euro's or in the summer for 1.8m euro's...since Barca didn't offer him a wage increase, something funky in his contract, reduces his minimum release fee to 1.8m euro's this summer...

Henry14

Exactly!.. Man Utd Came Out Talking How They`d Like PSV Eindhoven`s Robben And Now Chelsea Joins Them In The Chase For His Signature

Chelsea now are suppos'd'ly after Kluivert...they are after any/every one.

Sol man

He also said that Pv 4 will play in the second leg of cc because of his suspension on the following sunday

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom