• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Sounds familiar, did Arteta take over Celtic too?
Some bright spots at Arsenal. Leno, Tierney, Gabriel, Saka, Esr, Mari, Holding all playing well. There are positives there just people choosing not to look at them or giving no credit to Arteta. Artetas fault for people being out of form but no credit for those in form. Agendas.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Some bright spots at Arsenal. Leno, Tierney, Gabriel, Saka, Esr, Mari, Holding all playing well. There are positives there just people choosing not to look at them or giving no credit to Arteta. Artetas fault for people being out of form but no credit for those in form. Agendas.

A constantly fit Martinelli and Grealish added to that side, and we'd be absolutely flying.
That's the indicator I take out of it when I get angry, to get some perspective - we need 1-2 absolute top players like him, and it's basically the catalyst that had Liverpool explode, with VVD and Alisson.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@The_Playmaker I thought Camavinga was basically destined for Madrid already, but he's essentially a 6 and Casemiro isn't going anywhere soon, so maybe that move doesn't happen. He has 18 months left on his deal, so the summer is Rennes' last chance to cash in. Guess he could be paired with Partey, who could be a good mentor for him. Give him a good contract and a few years down the line Madrid give us a pile of cash for him.

I still prefer Gravenberch, I just think his potential is almost limitless. He's a baller in the body of an Olympic 400m sprinter.

On a side note if neither France or Netherlands win a major honour in the coming decade it'll be a travesty, the amount of talent is unreal.

Both super talented, but I think Gravenberch extended in the summer. Dutch players always have this affinity with Barcelona and a lot of teams will be in for him, but I think he will look at De Ligt and De Jong and stay a bit longer.

Camavinga on the other hand has let his contract run down. He ha managed to stop people talking about it. He has a picture in his room of Arsenal and Rennes together. His boyhood club and the team he likes.

So if we went in for him, due to the financial situation of French clubs and with Rennes generally selling their assets for reasonable fees.

You are probably looking at 40 million, maybe even less with a year left. Madrid just extended Modric. How can they afford Mbappe and Him?

Maybe I'm just a dreamer, but he just looks like he belongs at Arsenal. I don't get that impression with Gravenberch. It's the same for Olise. He just looks like he would fit.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Might be wrong here and he's nowhere fallen off as those guys, but my gut feeling somewhat puts Ødegaard in that Januzaj, Emre Mor bracket. Seemed like stellar talents but there's something - be it mentality, low energy as you put it, lacking physicality or whatever - that doesn't let them succeed at top clubs or in certain leagues.

On top of that Arsenal got their very own attacking mid talent in Smith-Rowe who's 20 years old; Ødegaard is 22. Basically two talents in the same age bracket for the same position. I'd much rather sign someone like Marcel Sabitzer who'll turn 27 in March, will give his best years to Arsenal, an experienced and versatile guy you can play deeper or on the wings so you can field him along ESR, and who will slowly fade out in 3 or 4 years when Smith-Rowe is just about to enter his prime at 23/24, having grown behind an already ready made player like Sabitzer.

I'm not sure it's fair to put Ødegaard in the Januzaj/Mor category, those two never really performed, whereas Ødegaard wasn't just promising last season at Sociedad, he was genuinely very good, he was one of the best creators in La Liga.

There was a rumour that he has a chronic health condition, I don't know what the deal is there, and he's obviously not a great natural athlete, but it's way too early to write him off, his technique is flawless and I always think there's a place in the game for players like that. He wouldn't be the first good player to not get a look in at Madrid, Jovic is also clearly a talented player but totally flopped there, Madrid is just a weird environment right now.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Both super talented, but I think Gravenberch extended in the summer. Dutch players always have this affinity with Barcelona and a lot of teams will be in for him, but I think he will look at De Ligt and De Jong and stay a bit longer.

Camavinga on the other hand has let his contract run down. He ha managed to stop people talking about it. He has a picture in his room of Arsenal and Rennes together. His boyhood club and the team he likes.

So if we went in for him, due to the financial situation of French clubs and with Rennes generally selling their assets for reasonable fees.

You are probably looking at 40 million, maybe even less with a year left. Madrid just extended Modric. How can they afford Mbappe and Him?

Maybe I'm just a dreamer, but he just looks like he belongs at Arsenal. I don't get that impression with Gravenberch. It's the same for Olise. He just looks like he would fit.

He's an Arsenal fan ??
Didn't know that, makes things a lot more interesting.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'm not sure it's fair to put Ødegaard in the Januzaj/Mor category, those two never really performed, whereas Ødegaard wasn't just promising last season at Sociedad, he was genuinely very good, he was one of the best creators in La Liga.

There was a rumour that he has a chronic health condition, I don't know what the deal is there, and he's obviously not a great natural athlete, but it's way too early to write him off, his technique is flawless and I always think there's a place in the game for players like that. He wouldn't be the first good player to not get a look in at Madrid, Jovic is also clearly a talented player but totally flopped there, Madrid is just a weird environment right now.
I think Jovic went back to Frankfurt and banged a double at the weekend.

Real Madrid are having a problem with the money in the game. You could spend 90m 12 years ago and buy Ronaldo but nowadays that type of money isn't buying genuine world class players. And when you can't just throw cash at the problem you'll get the problems they have. Same with Barcelona throwing good money after bad. The best teams are the ones who find value in the overly inflated market. Bayern have been one of the best at that in recent years.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
yes get him in 18 month loan Perez do like us. not sure if it's allowed to have tow on loan players from same club.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Fair assumptions all in all, but they kinda lead me to believe he should stay exactly where he is right now: Spain. If you're a bit weak/small you need to be technically exceptional and able to avoid getting your feet hammered to bits in this league.

For some player it's weirdly just like that: Simon Terrodde is on his way to becoming top scorer of all times in the 2. BL, looks like a total misfit in the 1. BL. Jovic at Real. podolski at Bayern.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I think Jovic went back to Frankfurt and banged a double at the weekend.

Real Madrid are having a problem with the money in the game. You could spend 90m 12 years ago and buy Ronaldo but nowadays that type of money isn't buying genuine world class players. And when you can't just throw cash at the problem you'll get the problems they have. Same with Barcelona throwing good money after bad. The best teams are the ones who find value in the overly inflated market. Bayern have been one of the best at that in recent years.

And even Bayern are looking to get into a tough spot. Losing Alaba on a free, spunking 80 on Hernandez, 40 on Tolisso, 50 on Sané - all haven't been that convincing for Bayern; big money for the Coutinho loan who's no longer there, etc. etc. They'll need some strong recruiting down the line and their fans already see their current team falling apart.

novar

If the only options are loans then give me nobody

This nothing season is perfect to work with our own players and to see if we have someone else like Saka or ESR on the pipeline

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Fair assumptions all in all, but they kinda lead me to believe he should stay exactly where he is right now: Spain. If you're a bit weak/small you need to be technically exceptional and able to avoid getting your feet hammered to bits in this league.

For some player it's weirdly just like that: Simon Terrodde is on his way to becoming top scorer of all times in the 2. BL, looks like a total misfit in the 1. BL. Jovic at Real. podolski at Bayern.

Oh yeah I mean if I was Ødegaard's agent i'd be telling him to ask for a move back to Sociedad, but i'm a selfish Arsenal fan so I wanna see him here. Anyway it's not like we're doing anything major this January, why not ask for a 6 month loan and see if he's interested, maybe he wants to experience English football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom