• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
People hating on Laca and think he's a bum but want us to replace him with a striker from the Serie A who is just about the same level with Laca, but plays in an inferior league.

Hope we get Milik just to see the meltdown on here when he starts giving us below Laca's output :lol:

I'd like us to keep Auba however possible. He guaranties us goals. Goals we're going to need during our immediate future.

Some people want us to strip the squad during the rebuild. But I think we have to keep players like Auba to help us through the transition period. We don't want to have our pants around our ankles when our rivals growing strong.

Hopefully in a couple of years he'll pass the baton to Martinelli and Eddie.

We don't need a new striker. We just need Auba and possibly Laca here long enough to guide Marty and Eddie through
Where is the Laca hate you’re always on about?

Who said they want to replace him with Milik?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
People hating on Laca and think he's a bum but want us to replace him with a striker from the Serie A who is just about the same level with Laca, but plays in an inferior league.

Hope we get Milik just to see the meltdown on here when he starts giving us below Laca's output :lol:

I'd like us to keep Auba however possible. He guaranties us goals. Goals we're going to need during our immediate future.

Some people want us to strip the squad during the rebuild. But I think we have to keep players like Auba to help us through the transition period. We don't want to have our pants around our ankles when our rivals growing strong.

We don't need a new striker. We just need Auba and possibly Laca here long enough to guide Marty and Eddie through

Yeah honestly Auba, Laca, Pepe, Martinelli, Nelson, Nketiah & Saka is an attack that most clubs would envy tbh, it's really pretty good and hard to upgrade on. The attack doesn't need to be touched as far as i'm concerned. It's the midfield that needs major surgery, a DM/CM and a CM/CAM I reckon, Partey & Grealish for example.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Yeah honestly Auba, Laca, Pepe, Martinelli, Nelson, Nketiah & Saka is an attack that most clubs would envy tbh, it's really pretty good and hard to upgrade on. The attack doesn't need to be touched as far as i'm concerned. It's the midfield that needs major surgery, a DM/CM and a CM/CAM I reckon, Partey & Grealish for example.

Not sure I'd envy it as a rival tbh.

The first four you mention are all pretty much gash on the ball, whilst the last three are youngsters that have it all to prove. Broadly speaking.

Hard to find a good combination that'd work. Maybe if Saka takes it up a notch, but I'm still sceptical on him as a LW.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah but this season, other than Auba nobody is looking like scoring. It’s like a one man attack really.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Bringing in Milik as a replacement is such an underwhelming move even though I want Lacazette out.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Yeah but this season, other than Auba nobody is looking like scoring. It’s like a one man attack really.

Laca had an off season and Pepe didn't hit it off immediately in England. Auba, Laca & Pepe are all capable of scoring goals, to suggest otherwise is ridiculous. It's not unreasonable to expect the three of them to get over 50 goals between them if they all stay fit and in form. It's hardly a one man attack.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

The first four you mention are all pretty much gash on the ball, whilst the last three are youngsters that have it all to prove. Broadly speaking.

Hard to find a good combination that'd work. Maybe if Saka takes it up a notch, but I'm still sceptical on him as a LW.

Perhaps fans don't always appreciate what they have, but i'm pretty sure most fanbases would consider that to be a very good attack. You have a starting front three of Pepe-Laca-Auba with four promising youngsters in support.

Also how are they bad on the ball? Auba I guess isn't known for being great on the ball, but I'd say Laca and Pepe certainly are. Laca's strength is hold-up and link-up play, while Pepe's is dribbling, you can't do either of those things if you're bad on the ball. Nelson is also very good on the ball.

I think this is just Arsenal fans being miserable. It's a bloody excellent attack. Keep them all together and sort out the midfield behind them and you'll see how good they are.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Pepe, "gash on the ball?"

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Perhaps fans don't always appreciate what they have, but i'm pretty sure most fanbases would consider that to be a very good attack. You have a starting front three of Pepe-Laca-Auba with four promising youngsters in support.

Also how are they bad on the ball? Auba I guess isn't known for being great on the ball, but I'd say Laca and Pepe certainly are. Laca's strength is hold-up and link-up play, while Pepe's is dribbling, you can't do either of those things if you're bad on the ball. Nelson is also very good on the ball.

I think this is just Arsenal fans being miserable. It's a bloody excellent attack. Keep them all together and sort out the midfield behind them and you'll see how good they are.
If none of our attackers leave this season I won't be worried about our attack TBH. Our biggest issues is chance creation. People think our attack is poor when our attack don't even get the ball in dangerous areas.

Creative mid and and top CM is what's needed to transform our attack.

It was painfully obvious last season that we were very reliant on Auba and Laca with little support from the midfield.

Last edited:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

I wasn't going into specifics. No doubt all of them have good qualities individually. But as a group they are poor on the ball. Pepe keeps the ball too long, Auba out wide isn't ideal(Martinelli even worse, his involvement in general play is literally non-existent), Laca does not do enough in general play for his poor goal return. Nelson is good on the ball, but he's still a weakling and does next to nothing with it.

Pepe, "gash on the ball?"

Broadly speaking, as I said. Pepe has excellent dribbling ability, but his tendency to hold onto the ball for too long is getting increasingly annoying, especially when some of the other players make runs in behind, and he doesn't even attempt to find them with a pass.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

Milik 83 Serie A matches across 4 seasons with 36 goals and 5 assists vs Lacazette 87 PL matches across 3 seasons with 34 goals and 15 assists.

If you're trying to replace Auba with Milik then yes, you're getting a lesser player. But if the idea is to replace Lacazette with Milik then you'd have to say the quality is about the same, albeit Laca assists more.

Contract issues aside, you'd just keep Auba & Laca tbh.
Milik is not even that good let alone as good as Laca. He is injured for the most part and plays as the main striker with minimal output with little impact beyond getting goals here and there. Laca has to do the job of half of the front line as yet scores as much in much a harder league.

Its all good selling Laca or/and Auba but at least get worthy replacements or players with some point of previous record to go by.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

No one envies that mediocre group.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There journalists never tired of same BS? We not signing these guys and we'll spend 70-100M again this season even without European football.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I dont really get the Fraser deal. Just feels midtable.

Cedric I would really like to see atleast for a few games first, hopefully we get the chance.

Kurzawa I think starts for us. Also like the knockon effects with Saka LW & Auba up front (if we can renew).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom