• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Our issue might be attracting the players that we need. It's all well having 200m to spend, but if we can not bring in the calibre of players we need, it's no use.

Pepe (not drawing him out as I'm a fan) is probably the level of player that we can attract, but we need to be buying proven players for high costs. For example 200m could get you Upamecano, Pepe and Aouar, or it could buy you Koulibaly, Partey and Dembele/Coutinho/Griezmann Think I'd prefer the second option, but they'd be hard to attract without Champions League.
I genuinely dont think thatll be an issue. I went on a bit of a rant before about it but the way the top 6 or 8 in the EPL is growing it's nearly impossible for any club to say we will have CL football. Even City could magically fall away if ourselves, United and Chelsea get their act together. Then you've Liverpool, Sp**s wanting the spot and Wolves, Leicester and Everton all desperate to be there also.

It's very short sighted and if a player wants that then they'd be best going to a different league.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Like I've said before you can buy a player for £20M and he can fit like a glove in a team and suddenly be worth £100M for that team. Or you can buy players for £50-70M and they might not work. There's a stupid amount of examples of players recently who went for stupid fees and it didn't work out.

Plenty of players out there can improve us. Even Aouar who I regard as the best creative player we can get this window would come if we had Europa league football. He isn't going to sit at Lyon with no European football next year.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't what you expect Villa have all right to ask 60M at least for Grealish specially after staying in PL they not in panic to sell. Crystal Palace asked for 80M for Zaha Leicester got 80M for Maguire that what happen when teams over spend.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Odds for Grealish to Arsenal have been drastically cut. 33/1 to 10/3.

Grealish make sense when you look at the loss we gave Villa. We didnt even try that day. Did we have a shot on tatget?

Something going on here.

al-Ustaadh

Grealish make sense when you look at the loss we gave Villa. We didnt even try that day. Did we have a shot on tatget?

Something going on here.
Grealish also likes the Emirates. Has posted on instagram in the past about how it's his favorite place to play at.

al-Ustaadh

Grealish is exactly what we need in midfield behind the striker. We need somebody for the left. Play Saka on the right.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
One thing I'd say, not so much in Kroenke's defence, but just querying the idea that the owners should just give the club 150-200m, is that you could spend 200m this summer, and spend it ok even, and still not get top 4. You certainly wouldn't spend 200m and win the league.

So if you're Kroenke and you have Arteta come to you and say we need investment to get top 4, I'd ask can you guarantee me that you'll get top 4 if I put my money in. And you can't guarantee that, not with Liverpool and City, and Utd and Chelsea spending what they will.

So wouldn't the natural answer be no, i'm not gonna give this club a huge amount of money with no guarantee of a return. You can have a modest budget and try to close the gap by exploiting inefficiencies in the market, and you can maybe try to sign one headline signing, but that's it.

Investing 150-200m in good young players about 4-5 years ago, yeah, that would get you a return, but now? We could spend 150m and still come 6th.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I mean look at Utd and Chelsea, they'll both spend well over 100m this summer and it's perfectly plausible that they won't finish higher than 3rd and 4th again next season. And they finished 10 points above us.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Paying 60m for the 2020 Jack Wilshere would be laughable. Maybe he would celebrate signing here with a couple of lines, a 40 pack of fags and a booze up. Maybe drive back home afterwards.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Zaha all over again for us?

Probably, Villa will need an actual campaign to stay up from the way they're playing and he's part of the reason they've not been relagated, so that's worth a lot of money.

I think United might bite depending how it goes with Sancho, though I would not be surprised to see him leave next season for around the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom