• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Poor start of the seaaon for some clubs could put them in a desperate mode so we can scam them into taking some of our dross.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I think we probably have two signings left in us, and I think it'll be Partey and Ceballos, even Partey is a massive stretch. Can't see us shifting as many players as people think.

That being said, in these circumstances, extending Auba, Gabriel, Saka, Ceballos and adding Willian, Partey and Gabriel M is a again a solid window.

I'd deffo have us looking at top 4 with that.

Yeah, its hard to look beyond Partey and Ceballos. We have clearly been after Partey for a while now and it would be crazy to think we wouldn't want to get Ceballos back after his performances. I'm not sure if it gets us top 4 but you have to imagine that it would put us in contention for top 4 and win us the Europa league under Arteta.

I could see us maybe adding 1 more if we can shift some players like selling Gendouzhi might net us Aouar by spreading payments.

Harry Hunter

4 signings, Willian, Gabriel, Partey, Aouar
could potentially go for Ceballos/Thiago as well but I doubt it

Willian Auba Pepe
Aouar Xhaka Partey
Tierney Gabriel Saliba AMN
Leno/Martinez depending who does better this season

Next summer look to replace Xhaka either with a similar player or play Partey there and get another midfielder to play on the right hand side

Saka and Martinelli long term replacements for Willian and Auba

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I dont think we are getting both Aouar and Partey
rn we are not even sure about Ceballos.

It will probably be either Aouar or Partey plus Ceballos if we an offload some players

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Fabrizio and the guardian keep saying we want a midfielder, forward and Ceballos.

Not sure why we would want a forward after signing Willian tho...

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Nah both will leave.
I agree there will be a clear out in midfield. Guendouzi, Torreira and AMN all available. Leaves us Xhaka and Willock. I think we will see another 2 additions possibly 3 if we get Ceballos back. There will be a but of movement in the next week to get players in before the start of the season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I agree there will be a clear out in midfield. Guendouzi, Torreira and AMN all available. Leaves us Xhaka and Willock. I think we will see another 2 additions possibly 3 if we get Ceballos back. There will be a but of movement in the next week to get players in before the start of the season.

Maybe with Partey, think we will wait it out on forward/creative mid if thats what we are going for though.

But I'm more than happy with Willian, Partey and Gabriel in for the start of the season. And then work on one final signing through the rest of the window along with sales.

But yeah cant see Douzi and Torreira being here on October 6th. Lots and lots of twists and turns to come.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Maybe with Partey, think we will wait it out on forward/creative mid if thats what we are going for though.

But I'm more than happy with Willian, Partey and Gabriel in for the start of the season. And then work on one final signing through the rest of the window along with sales.

But yeah cant see Douzi and Torreira being here on October 6th. Lots and lots of twists and turns to come.
100%.

We seem to have been linked to a lot of creative midfielders looks like we are measuring our options.

Impact

Established Member
Still need a technical CF, that's why.

I disagree actually. We set up to utilize Lacazette’s playmaking abilities out of necessity. We had little creative quality in the half-spaces and from deep. Bringing in Willian, another 8/10 and Ceballos as rumoured dramatically increases the technical level of our midfield making a playmaking CF a luxury and not a necessity. It’s all about the right balance. With those signings, I think we’ll see Auba through the middle again.

Reactions: JCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom