• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Willock is a decent backup. Once he improves his decision making he will come good but I’ll say it again. We won’t sign both Partey and Aouar. Certainly not at this climate where we’re struggling to offload players. We have 33 players as of now so we have to ship out at least 9 if we were to sign players. Getting rid of 9 players whom half aren’t wanted by anybody in 27 days won’t be easy.

He has some good traits (athleticism/goal instincts) but he was really bad in a lot of the PL games last season imo. I dont think his passing game is anywhere near good enough atm. If he plays regularly next season we are in big trouble imo.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Just jumping in quick @dashsnow17, if you think signing both Partey and Aouar wouldn't make us top 4 contenders then I'm worried. If we signed both I'd fully expect Arteta to deliver top 4 in that scenario.

We're not signing both Partey and Aouar so i'm not even discussing that scenario. I'm saying if we sign one of Partey or Aouar I don't think it necessarily makes us a top 4 team.

Signing Partey is fine but it doesn't solve the huge creative deficit in this team, Willian can help with that but whether it's enough is another question. Aouar could be that creative lynchpin, but I'd be surprised if he came in straight away and did that in his first season.

Xanth

If we have to sign one player, which is the most likely outcome, I really want it to be Aouar. I don't see Partey alone improving the midfield to our desired level while Aouar has the creative engine we lack and also the potential to develop further.

There's an argument to be made that our defensive issues actually stem from our inability to control possession higher up the pitch and a suboptimal first line of the press.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
We're not signing both Partey and Aouar so i'm not even discussing that scenario. I'm saying if we sign one of Partey or Aouar I don't think it necessarily makes us a top 4 team.

Signing Partey is fine but it doesn't solve the huge creative deficit in this team, Willian can help with that but whether it's enough is another question. Aouar could be that creative lynchpin, but I'd be surprised if he came in straight away and did that in his first season.
You’re not wrong tbh one of them would improve our chances of getting top 4 but not guarantee it. However both will do

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Sorry I thought you mentioned about both?

Anyway, even just signing Partey I'd very much expect a push for top 4.

We have 3 new CB's in Mari, Saliba + Gabriel.

Adding Ceballos, Partey and having Willian as well.

For me you need top 4 with that.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Hopefully we still sign a DMF if we miss out on Partey. I would be more than happy with Aouar and Sangare. Those 2 would provide balance in our midfield

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Have been very optimistic of our window up till recently and could've seen us pulling off Partey and Aouar still.

My mood has dropped off a bit though, since the whole selling players stuff has been disastrous so far and not really developed a bit.

Things really really have to gather pace now rather than later, if we want a big window

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Signing both Aouar and Partey would quick make us top 4 team because that what we missing Arteta did improved the defense and bought Gabriel and Saliba came back so you expect it'll get better from now on the attack well it seem Auba just can't keep stop scoring we add Willian who is decent and Pepe you'd expect he kick on in his 2nd season plus young players like Saka Nektiah Martinelli and hopefully Nelson will only improve.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Have been very optimistic of our window up till recently and could've seen us pulling off Partey and Aouar still.

My mood has dropped off a bit though, since the whole selling players stuff has been disastrous so far and not really developed a bit.

Things really really have to gather pace now rather than later, if we want a big window
Yes me too i'm growing pissed about the lack of players selling it just make things more complicated we can't add more players when you have 8 defenders 6 midfielders still in here.

Xanth

It's a shame Martinelli is out until winter. I think he would have been an obvious choice for both the wide forward and striker positions.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It's a shame Martinelli is out until winter. I think he would have been an obvious choice for both the wide forward and striker positions.

I'm a bit worried about his recovery, his injury was no joke, he'll be out longer than winter.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Yeah at the end of the day all we are missing now is creativity from midfield and an athletic, physical presence in midfield.
Aouar and Partey would be extremely difficult to get and I reckon out of the 2, Aouar would transform our midfield more. So we should go for a cheap DMF option who may be less skillful than Partey but just as physical. Sanger my #1 choice available for 10m now after Toulouse relegation

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Is Aouar even that 'creative' player we want? Doesn't strike me as a KDB, Grealish, Bruno type.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Is Aouar even that 'creative' player we want? Doesn't strike me as a KDB, Grealish, Bruno type.

In terms of key passes he's pretty poor at 1.4 per game. That's why I'd rather have him at 8 or even 6 akin to Ceballos for us. Stay tuned, got a comp ready just for that if we close in on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom