• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,269
  • Views 214,002

coleio

In: 45m + 70m + 65m = 180m
Out: 10m + 22m + 5m + 35m + 0 (free) = 72m

Net spend: 108m

Question is can we do that financially with PSR?

Yeah I do wonder. It all seems a bit tight now with that. Maybe we could throw one of ESR or Vieira into the departure lounge too?

My preference would be Vieira as ESR offers us something that nobody else does.

Lool this is unrealistic. We not gonna get what we spent on him after not playing for a year. If we get 17-18 million we done really well and move his high wages on
Agreed. I imagine any other club's first sentence when hearing a 30m price would be "Didn't you just pay 30m for Raya as an upgrade on Ramsdale?"

Mudi

We need a lot!
First priority a deeplying playmaker to replace Jorginho/Partey
Second a linksback to replace Zinchenko/Kiwior
Followed by a GK to replace Ramsdale

Then we will need a cover for Saka at RW and forward/striker to compete with Havertz.

That are 5 incomings so we will be active this summer.

Sungod

We need a lot!
First priority a deeplying playmaker to replace Jorginho/Partey
Second a linksback to replace Zinchenko/Kiwior
Followed by a GK to replace Ramsdale

Then we will need a cover for Saka at RW and forward/striker to compete with Havertz.

That are 5 incomings so we will be active this summer.
The question is which signing are starter like Rice?

And who gets displaced?

I imagine only 1 immediate starter (CM) and rest all will learn and contribute as they can progress.

The most important is enticing a quality wing option. Pacy forward a mix of Saka and Martenelli.

Bloodbather

Established Member

We need scary pace up top and we need another 6/8.

Can’t play counter attack football without pace.
France wreaked havoc at the 2018 World Cup playing counter attacking football with Giroud up top. A target man link-up player is a good fit for a countering team provided that you have pacy wingers. Martinelli and Saka fit the bill, but the rest don't. We need a pacy back-up winger. We don't normally play counter attacking football anyway so no need to build the team to fit that style, you just want options.

CannonBals

I was thinking this but Villa wont sell imo.

If they don't get CL they will.
I can see it happening for 80m+ even if they do but at that point it would drag a lot and may not be worth it aswell.

Isak - Newcastle will as he is not as integral as Bruno so would prefer to sell Isak over Bruno (unless someone pays his 100m RC) and they wont get CL or maybe even Europa. 70m-80m should do.

CannonBals

I was thinking this but Villa wont sell imo.

Just checked, he has a contract till 2026. So 2 yrs left and he would be 26 when he moves. Essentially the last window they can sell him for good money. Nobody pay good money for 27+ yr olds these days.
Actually can see this happening for 65m-75m.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Just checked, he has a contract till 2026. So 2 yrs left and he would be 26 when he moves. Essentially the last window they can sell him for good money. Nobody pay good money for 27+ yr olds these days.
Actually can see this happening for 65m-75m.
Hope so.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom