• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,054
  • Views 313,386

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think with Jesus and Zinchenko, and TP5 as well, we've learnt to function at a very high level, without them. That is massive for the evolution of this team.

But, lets not forget or underrate what excellent players Jesus and Zinchenko are. Being able to have them as tactical options to our system is absolutely brilliant squad planning. This is where we want to be as a club, be able to slot them in, and also manage their fitness, based on what we want to do in a specific game or game context.

The next level, hopefully next season, is to be in a position where we dont fall apart when we lose Saka, Rice and Saliba.
The spine of the team needs reinforcements for certain. Nobody is on the level of Rice as an athlete. And they're not gonna be calling up Myles Lewis-Skelly too soon. To replace his level of commitment, presence, outrageous ball-winning ability and overall midfield play, it's gonna be difficult. Can't think of too many names currently. Maybe Fofana from Monaco?

There are defenders out there who can deputise for Saliba - nowhere near his level but there are players with significant potential and a similar profile (Diomande is the obvious name but I've seen a lot of Yoro in recent weeks and he looks a talent). We do have options there but probably not as much money unless we get real creative with our recruitment. I like Tosin from Fulham personally, proper solid and good on the ball. Great in the air too.

As for Saka - well, it's a graveyard shift. Only guy who seems happy to have that role is Nelson and Arteta doesn't trust him like that. Cozier-Duberry will either leave or go on loan for a bit before he cooks. I think we need to take a punt on potential there if we're not gonna get a Nico Williams. I really like Jaden Philogene from Hull. He's gonna be at a top 6 team in the next year or two. It's really gonna annoy me if Tottenham or Chelsea sign him.

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
We also need a quality veteran defender or two that can slot into different positions along the back.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
The spine of the team needs reinforcements for certain. Nobody is on the level of Rice as an athlete. And they're not gonna be calling up Myles Lewis-Skelly too soon. To replace his level of commitment, presence, outrageous ball-winning ability and overall midfield play, it's gonna be difficult. Can't think of too many names currently. Maybe Fofana from Monaco?

There are defenders out there who can deputise for Saliba - nowhere near his level but there are players with significant potential and a similar profile (Diomande is the obvious name but I've seen a lot of Yoro in recent weeks and he looks a talent). We do have options there but probably not as much money unless we get real creative with our recruitment. I like Tosin from Fulham personally, proper solid and good on the ball. Great in the air too.

As for Saka - well, it's a graveyard shift. Only guy who seems happy to have that role is Nelson and Arteta doesn't trust him like that. Cozier-Duberry will either leave or go on loan for a bit before he cooks. I think we need to take a punt on potential there if we're not gonna get a Nico Williams. I really like Jaden Philogene from Hull. He's gonna be at a top 6 team in the next year or two. It's really gonna annoy me if Tottenham or Chelsea sign him.

Couldn't agree more about the spine of the team, we probably need to strengthen in every part of the team, specially in attack and midfield. To speculate a bit, who do you think will leave and how much money do we have to work with?

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
For me I want another midfielder who passes through the lines really well. Douglas Luiz is my personal pick. We should renew Jorginho for this reason too. Zubimendi is good but I don't think he'd be a good fit with Rice for ball progression.

Every time I've seen Zubimendi, it's his passing game that has impressed me the most, I also believe he would be cheaper than Douglas. Maybe someone could pull up some stats on progressive passing between them?

Farzad

Zubimendi aka white Lokonga. Looks meh tbh
What? Every time i watch him he bosses it at Sociedad. And frankly in a league that is more technical and produces better midfielders in particular. Zubi is not an attacking 8; we need an attack midfielder. If Arteta wanted to play double pivot he would be a great partner or can play sole pivot himself. So you are probably right not because Zubi isn’t good enough but because with Rice that ship probably has sailed since Mik to his credit wants two attacking midfielders

Farzad

Every time I've seen Zubimendi, it's his passing game that has impressed me the most, I also believe he would be cheaper than Douglas. Maybe someone could pull up some stats on progressive passing between them?
His passing is good his ball winning is better

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Progressive passes

Zubi - 49th percentile
Luiz - 68th

Progressive carries

Zubi - 51th
Luiz - 74th

None Penalty Goals

Zubi - 64th
Luiz - 94th

Expected assists

Zubi - 34th
Luiz - 80th

CannonBals

Progressive passes

Zubi - 49th percentile
Luiz - 68th

Progressive carries

Zubi - 51th
Luiz - 74th

None Penalty Goals

Zubi - 64th
Luiz - 94th

Expected assists

Zubi - 34th
Luiz - 80th
Luiz is a much better but would cost 80m+ now. Zubimendi would cost 52m with release clause.
I would surely prefer Luiz and is worth the money. But with the amount of noise it seems we would go for Zubimendi.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

What? Every time i watch him he bosses it at Sociedad. And frankly in a league that is more technical and produces better midfielders in particular. Zubi is not an attacking 8; we need an attack midfielder. If Arteta wanted to play double pivot he would be a great partner or can play sole pivot himself. So you are probably right not because Zubi isn’t good enough but because with Rice that ship probably has sailed since Mik to his credit wants two attacking midfielders
Maybe we watched different games. Whenever I seen him he was average

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Progressive passes

Zubi - 49th percentile
Luiz - 68th

Progressive carries

Zubi - 51th
Luiz - 74th

None Penalty Goals

Zubi - 64th
Luiz - 94th

Expected assists

Zubi - 34th
Luiz - 80th

How does Luiz compare to FDJ?

Farzad

Zubi is like a more technical Rice more than he is an Ødegaard

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Luiz is a much better but would cost 80m+ now. Zubimendi would cost 52m with release clause.
I would surely prefer Luiz and is worth the money. But with the amount of noise it seems we would go for Zubimendi.

I think we're in the position where we should be aiming for the best players we can get. We're aiming for the league and CL. You get that with game changers, not with squadies. Luiz may also have a release clause himself.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom