• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,756
  • Views 242,990

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

@El Duderino
E Du
EDU

Shocked Friends GIF

eeeeeeeeeh, idk. People outside of brazil want hype him up as the next Endrick, but he's far behind of what Endrick is doing right now in terms of being a talisman/almost protagonist.

Nothing on UOL Esportes about him going anywhere. Chelsea interested, is all.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

You do what Madrid did with Endrick right. This kid wouldn’t come into our team for like another 2 years at least, no need to pay it all now.

I say all this never having heard of this kid before btw. I’m just generally pre disposed to this sort of deal. Spanish teams have had this pipeline on lockdown and it’s pissed me off.
If we have the time/space and funds then fine. We are due a worldie though right?

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
If we have the time/space and funds then fine. We are due a worldie though right?

We should be able to structure the deal in a way that it doesn’t hurt our ffp too much given he won’t be anywhere near our team for a couple years at least.

Buying an actual Vinicius will cost 150+ and we just aren’t that club I don’t think. So if you don’t put your balls on the line and take a risk on a kid you’ll basically never have one.

I want a Vinicius.

Even Chelsea have some mad youth on lock in South America - Kendry Paez from Ecuador he is sick.

We have Marquinhos and @El Duderino

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We should be able to structure the deal in a way that it doesn’t hurt our ffp too much given he won’t be anywhere near our team for a couple years at least.

Buying an actual Vinicius will cost 150+ and we just aren’t that club I don’t think. So if you don’t put your balls on the line and take a risk on a kid you’ll basically never have one.

I want a Vinicius.

Even Chelsea have some mad youth on lock in South America - Kendry Paez from Ecuador he is sick.

These South Americans rarely work out tbf. The exceptional ones, the almost 'sure things' will get snapped up by Madrid. Rasmi is right about that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

These South Americans rarely work out tbf. The exceptional ones, the almost 'sure things' will get snapped up by Madrid. Rasmi is right about that.
And even the exceptional ones take time. Madrid signed Endrick. But Mbappe is also coming for now. Sign Nico Williams Spanish international for 50 million euros and if you got money sign Brazil U17 international for 55 million. Everyone wins

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Plus, even if we signed him (Chelsea's offer will suposedly be close to his RC), he needs to be 18 to move and we'd likely loan him back to Palmeiras for another year or so.

If the funds are going to be tight to sign the quality we all wish to sign, there's no point in bringing him here to the first team if he's not going to play enough to develop.

For all they hype Endrick got, Palmeiras managed his minutes and the pressure put on him. How they treat Estevão might be tell us a lot about how they view his talent level.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Plus, even if we signed him (Chelsea's offer will suposedly be close to his RC), he needs to be 18 to move and we'd likely loan him back to Palmeiras for another year or so.

If the funds are going to be tight to sign the quality we all wish to sign, there's no point in bringing him here to the first team if he's not going to play enough to develop.

For all they hype Endrick got, Palmeiras managed his minutes and the pressure put on him. How they treat Estevão might be tell us a lot about how they view his talent level.

I've not been convinced by Endrick.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

The @Rasmi ‘s and @Sanchez11 ’s of this world spend all day moaning about why we don’t have a player like Vinicius but then they too scared to take a risk on one.

Reminds me of those incels that post all these videos threatening jihad on anything with a vagina but when actually face to face with an attractive female they melt into an amorphous blob.

Anyway I’ve always got time for a talented Brazilian. There should always be room in the budget for these deals.

What I would say though is:

A) If we do get him I’d like him to stay another season in Brazil and then get loaned out to Spain or Portugal or sth. This league (and this fan base) does not deal well with young flair players yet to fully grow into their bodies or fulfill their potential.

B) We need to be very ready for the outcome where Boehly sees we’re bidding for some youngster and offers him a billion dollar contract amortised over 35 years…
This is not a risk, it’s a reason to bid in itself

CannonBals

Someone with more experience than a 17yo!

I don't understand this. People want players with x-factor in the team. This kid has potential to become that. If he does that there is no way on earth we will be able to get him. We have to make such transfers especially as an RW where we have Saka so can take some risk.

Ideally we should just get players like this/Hato/Doue or straight to ready made players like Rice/Bruno etc.

Almost never can you buy a player with x-factor. You need talents like this guy and make them.

I would be really happy with this/Doue

CannonBals

I want a Vinicius.

This guys transfer has no bearing on next year(in FFP terms). He can only join in 2025 so the amortization starts from 2025. This is just a pre agreement. Although some money exchange may happen but thats just cashflow. For FFP terms amortization starts from 2025.

Tom349

My hot take is we go hard after Isak and its not to play striker but to replace/challenge Martinelli on the left wing. Would essentially take Trossard role in the squad as the LW/9 option.

Mudi

My hot take is we go hard after Isak and its not to play striker but to replace/challenge Martinelli on the left wing. Would essentially take Trossard role in the squad as the LW/9 option.

The question that I ask myself is this:
Do we need a back up more for RW and AMC then improve on LW. Honestly think that Martinelli, Trossard and Jesus are very good options for LW, not world class but the dept of quality is there. While for AMC we have Ødegaard, ESR and Vieira and RW Saka and Nelson.

I honestly would get rid of ESR, Vieira, Nelson and have 2 proper backup for RW and AMC then LW.

What is a must is CM/DM and LB. For CM/DM I would go for Angelo Stiller from Stuttgart. Seems the perfect fit for our style of play.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom