• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,901
  • Views 251,978

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm on the Isak bandwagon now.

The reason I was a bit cold on him before was the injury factor but with Havertz performing to the level he has, that's receded for me.

Isak is a very good player and proven PL goalscorer. Even if you only have him for for for 25-30 PL games that's enough. Havertz would be a more than able deputy to fill in.

These fine margins of a top, top striker are the difference between winning the PL or losing it by a point or 2.

His all round game is very good, workrate is good enough. There aren't really any negatives to him bar the fitness issue.

Slap £90m down. Let's bring Isak to the carpet.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Why? Why are people so serious about all this transfer itk stuff?
Why are people so serious about football in general is the real question here. I'm talking about the fans of course, not the pros.

So many people invest too much time and effort into it, ignoring the diminishing returns. And people expect too much out of football to satisfy whatever drive they're trying to fulfill with it.

BBF

Timber was actually back in training around that date, source was correct but Arsenal have decided not to use him (rightly so) in my opinion, no point rushing.

He was back in training over a month later. Actually later than the first Porto game he "hoped" to make. This waffler guessed and got it wrong.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wont you prefer Olise or Eze more? I think they can cover more positions to.
Eze makes sense positionally but I really don’t like his ball striking, aside from that he’s almost a Musiala clone, would be a top signing.

Olise’s stock is way too high now, getting him to come here to battle Saka week in week out is a big ask.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Eze makes sense positionally but I really don’t like his ball striking, aside from that he’s almost a Musiala clone, would be a top signing.

Olise’s stock is way too high now, getting him to come here to battle Saka week in week out is a big ask.

I see Eze as an ESR upgrade. A guy who’s game is based on dribbling in that inside left channel.

It’s something that would be nice to see, but not a top priority for this summer imo.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I see Eze as an ESR upgrade. A guy who’s game is based on dribbling in that inside left channel.

It’s something that would be nice to see, but not a top priority for this summer imo.
Decent enough pace that he’s a realistic LW option too.

Would be really nice there actually, just seems a bit injury prone too. Let him cook for another year I think.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

He was back in training over a month later. Actually later than the first Porto game he "hoped" to make. This waffler guessed and got it wrong.

He clearly gets his information from someone, that someone jumped the gun but he was still back training sooner than anyone thought.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Decent enough pace that he’s a realistic LW option too.

Would be really nice there actually, just seems a bit injury prone too. Let him cook for another year I think.

The question is, is he better than Gordon’s Pink Gin

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

Eze good but he's not ESR level. ESR was our top goal scorer the last time he was given game time. Eze plays ACM, we already have a abundance of talent in that role in Ødegaard, ESR and Vieira. Even if we were to play him LW we already have 2 LWs that are better in Trossard and Martinelli.

Olise is too good to be a back up to Saka so it be a poor move for him. Olise will go to Utd and be their best player.

Wharton is the palace player that makes most sense. Jorginho only has 1 more year and Wharton would be a big upgrade on Partey who has flopped with and is hopefully moved on in the summer.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Eze good but he's not ESR level. ESR was our top goal scorer the last time he was given game time. Eze plays ACM, we already have a abundance of talent in that role in Ødegaard, ESR and Vieira. Even if we were to play him LW we already have 2 LWs that are better in Trossard and Martinelli.

Olise is too good to be a back up to Saka so it be a poor move for him. Olise will go to Utd and be their best player.

Wharton is the palace player that makes most sense. Jorginho only has 1 more year and Wharton would be a big upgrade on Partey who has flopped with and is hopefully moved on in the summer.

Eze is way better footballer than ESR. Come on now

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm on the Isak bandwagon now.

The reason I was a bit cold on him before was the injury factor but with Havertz performing to the level he has, that's receded for me.

Isak is a very good player and proven PL goalscorer. Even if you only have him for for for 25-30 PL games that's enough. Havertz would be a more than able deputy to fill in.

These fine margins of a top, top striker are the difference between winning the PL or losing it by a point or 2.

His all round game is very good, workrate is good enough. There aren't really any negatives to him bar the fitness issue.

Slap £90m down. Let's bring Isak to the carpet.
Which Dane will you sign afterwards? If we have a Norwegian and a Swede, we'll need a Dane too. Guess we could get a Great Dane though....

Xoxo

Remembering Havertz Missing 3 1v1s Against Villa
Imagine extending deadwoods like partey, nketiah, ,elneny, Jorginho and refusing to extend your best midfielder who is always available. No wonder the club has only one fa cup to show in 5 yrs even after spending 500 million. The worst thing they sold him for 15 million and signed havertz for 70 million GNNoMAGWwAASpsJ.jpeg

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom