• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,525
  • Views 285,900

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
If there is a taker for Partey it would be CM, RW, CF in that order (but of course one player could potentially resolve both the latter issues with Jesus covering wide - though I really want more pace added to the squad). In all honesty the priority is pretty equal between them, but I suspect TP5 will be off.

What are your thoughts on Guimaraes? I was all for it when the news first broke, but the more I think about it, the more I struggle to see him in an Arsenal shirt.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think with CL being more games. Hopefully do better in the cups. We could play +10 games. We need to build the squad. It’s clear the manager won’t play guys like esr or vieira. So they can’t really be counted on

The one I’m most curious about this summer is Zinchenko. What do we do with him

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think we'd be willing to listen to offers, without necessarily hawking him out to all and sundry. He's too suspect defensively to be our main man at left back.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Zinny will be put in the market Timber is taking his place next season and we already looking for fullbacks.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I think with CL being more games. Hopefully do better in the cups. We could play +10 games. We need to build the squad. It’s clear the manager won’t play guys like esr or vieira. So they can’t really be counted on

I don’t mind Zinchenko, in fact I think he’s been harshly treated by the fans. However, I think his time is likely up, I’d sell and sign a natural LB so we have the option to go Timber to invert or a natural LB to overlap.

Ideally I’d sell both Zinchenko and Kiwior and sign Schlotterbeck but I think that’s more wish list stuff than reality.

HattoriHanzo

Sell the obvious fringe players (Ramsdale/Eddie/ESR/Sambi/KT/Nuno) and bring in 2 level raisers.

Our squad is super strong as it is, there’s no need to mess about with it too much.
UCL campaign this season showed us that Arsenal needs more individual quality, especially in attacking part.
Players who can make a difference with pass, shot or/ and dribble.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think we'd be willing to listen to offers, without necessarily hawking him out to all and sundry. He's too suspect defensively to be our main man at left back.
I think a lot of the bigger clubs are gonna be in trouble this summer with moving players. The market is simply not there for a lot of these guys on huge wages. Guys like Zinchenko and Jesus are on big money and not many clubs can pay their wages and actually spend money on them. We have 10-11 players we would like to sell.

It doesn’t help we not making much money from the academy losing young talents for free like Hutchinson, Cozier and now Walters

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
UCL campaign this season showed us that Arsenal needs more individual quality, especially in attacking part.

Dribbling ability is the main thing missing from this team imo. You can see in the CL, in the latter stages, it’s players like Sane and Vinicius who are making the difference. Players with that raw pace and close control.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We also need a world class technician in the deeper midfield areas. Think #5 would have given us that if he could have played more than 5 games this season. We need someone to give us that quality on a consistent basis.

Last edited:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think a lot of the bigger clubs are gonna be in trouble this summer with moving players. The market is simply not there for a lot of these guys on huge wages. Guys like Zinchenko and Jesus are on big money and not many clubs can pay their wages and actually spend money on them. We have 10-11 players we would like to sell.

It doesn’t help we not making much money from the academy losing young talents for free like Hutchinson, Cozier and now Walters

This has been the case for a few windows now. Europe has no money, and international level players who play for Arsenal will rarely take the step down within the PL.

I think we should concentrate on moving on some of the British guys that would actually move within the league (Ramsdale/Eddie/ESR ect).

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This has been the case for a few windows now. Europe has no money, and international level players who play for Arsenal will rarely take the step down within the PL.

I think we should concentrate on moving on some of the British guys that would actually move within the league (Ramsdale/Eddie/ESR ect).

Yeah they are more likely to bring in money. But most leaving will leave on a loan I suspect. I think Partey will be released

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Bruno has these abilities too though, he's an all rounder. 80th percentile for assists, 86th percentile for np goals, 98th percentile for successful take ons and progressive passes is 90th percentile. While being 70th percentile for tackles. 4 of those stats he's outperforming FDJ in.

Yeah, he is good. I’m just not sold on the fee.

The way I look at it is, if Rice is out, would Bruno be able to replace his running power? No. Would a midfield of Jorginho Bruno Ødegaard be too slow? Yes.

For that reason, I’d favour a FDJ type.

Fans blast Zinchenko for being overly emotional, have they watched Bruno? Yes having players with dark arts is useful, but he doesn’t have dark arts, he’s just a pr***

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The way I look at it is, if Rice is out, would Bruno be able to replace his running power? No. Would a midfield of Jorginho Bruno Ødegaard be too slow? Yes.

Fans blast Zinchenko for being overly emotional, have they watched Bruno? Yes having players with dark arts is useful, but he doesn’t have dark arts, he’s just a pr***

Agree with you. Bruno’s a top player but for 70/80m? Nah.

We need a technician to replace what Partey/Jorginho give us, and not sure Bruno is that guy.

I’m not even that big a fan of FDJ, but style wise he’s definitely the best fit imo.

HattoriHanzo

Yeah they are more likely to bring in money. But most leaving will leave on a loan I suspect. I think Partey will be released
In this case he might stay his last season at Arsenal. He might be useful in 5-6 matches when fit next season.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

I'm not sure who's the better defender between FDJ and Guimares tbh FDJ still hadn't dislodged a 34yo Busquets from the DM role last season. He wasn't fully trusted there from my understanding. Let me quote a Barce fan:

'I supported De Jong, but there is no progress, and his limitations that existed 3 years ago, also exist now. He didn't improve at all in any area. Still modest offensive participation, still has moments where his defending is simply bad, still takes too many touches and so on.'

And another:

'Run of the mill box to box midfielder and most often than not a headless chicken in big games. Last season the presence of Busquets and Gavi made him shine. This season he's a shadow of his last season's self like most of our players.'

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom