• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 308,215

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This is the guy. Yep yep.

Yeah much more exciting than someone like Bruno, the risk is the massive fee and how long it would take him to be starting quality.

You're back to relying on Rice playing 50+ games again.

He'd have to be Camavinga level of talent so I'm not sure if/how he translates to PL.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Joao Neves if we want him we should get him now before the oil machines and real madrid will 100% try get him in 2025. he still not fully developed

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Yeah much more exciting than someone like Bruno, the risk is the massive fee and how long it would take him to be starting quality.

You're back to relying on Rice playing 50+ games again.

He'd have to be Camavinga level of talent so I'm not sure if/how he translates to PL.

Not if we keep Partey, you could go Partey Neves Ødegaard. But yeah, that is only if Rice is out. Him or FDJ are the two for me, Fofana if funds don't allow it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Saliba and France :eyess:

I get what he's saying, he's a little inexperienced, but with certain talents, you've just got to take the plunge. We are in a good position where we can go big one 1 or 2 players.
I just don’t think his style mashes well with Rice. Bruno makes sense because we need better ball players in midfield. I still think Joey Vermaan makes a lot more sense.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Buying a kid from outside the premier league for £100M+ is a huge risk.

Buying Bruno for £80M is little to no risk, you know what you’re getting.

We don't though? Newcastle play completely different to us. Bruno, given his fee, age and regression in form (in my opinion) would be a risk. Risk maybe strong, more i don't see him taking us up a level.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

We shouldn't be keeping Partey under any circumstances and I think we have to buy a player that keeps Rice at 6, maybe Neves can play 8.

Partey has a year left on his contract, if nobody comes in for him and we don’t offer him a deal he’ll stay for the final year. There’s a circumstance.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Striker is one of them positions where you need a first choice imo. You spend that much on Isak, a starting striker for a PL club, and it means you'll see Kai LCM.
You buy Isak to play them together. Rice is the left 8, Havertz occupies the CBs and wins the long out ball and Isak operates out of the half space . Isak kills 2 birds with one stone because he solves the wing problem and the problem of the lack of a 9 with pace. Then your project buy is an out and out winger who you can afford to give time to develop.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Newcastle could very well do a Nottingham here. Them being cheap made them sign Turner cause they didn’t wanna pay for Henderson. 6 months later they regret it and bought another keeper. Pope had two bad shoulder injury and he could very well break down next season see them scramble January for new keeper

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
-----------Havertz
----Leao-----------------Saka
--------------Ødegaard----
-----Neves------------------
-------------Rice------------
Gutierrez Gabriel Saliba White
--------------Raya---------------

This is what i'd like to see, or something similar. So a LW who doesn't hog the touchline, gets closer to Kai. A full back behind him who will overlap. An almost double pivot of Neves and Rice ahead of Gabriel and Saliba. Ødegaard with a little more freedom to drift between the right and left.

I am aware that this isn't the direction we will go though.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
You buy Isak to play them together. Rice is the left 8, Havertz occupies the CBs and wins the long out ball and Isak operates out of the half space . Isak kills 2 birds with one stone because he solves the wing problem and the problem of the lack of a 9 with pace. Then your project buy is an out and out winger who you can afford to give time to develop.

So you'd play Isak LW? I get the idea but it would only really work if we didn't do the whole inverted full back thing

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

-----------Havertz
----Leao-----------------Saka
--------------Ødegaard----
-----Neves------------------
-------------Rice------------
Gutierrez Gabriel Saliba White
--------------Raya---------------

This is what i'd like to see, or something similar. So a LW who doesn't hog the touchline, gets closer to Kai. A full back behind him who will overlap. An almost double pivot of Neves and Rice ahead of Gabriel and Saliba. Ødegaard with a little more freedom to drift between the right and left.

I am aware that this isn't the direction we will go though.

Definitely allowed to have any/all opinions but yeah like you said it’ll probably be a much different direction.

My thought process is more -

——————New 6——————
Ødegaard ————— Rice
Saka ———Havertz———New forward

New forward could be a striker, winger or someone more flexible.

In all honesty if we ever had a shot at Mbappe I’d take him over any other signings. Think that’s all we need. I could deal with Jorginho, Partey and Rice for another season especially with Timber coming back.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

fwiw, just seen Real Madrid are extending Kroos and Modric & with Mbappe joining I think they're due a big sale.

I wonder.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Definitely allowed to have any/all opinions but yeah like you said it’ll probably be a much different direction.

My thought process is more -

——————New 6——————
Ødegaard ————— Rice
Saka ———Havertz———New forward

New forward could be a striker, winger or someone more flexible.

In all honesty if we ever had a shot at Mbappe I’d take him over any other signings. Think that’s all we need. I could deal with Jorginho, Partey and Rice for another season especially with Timber coming back.

I think it'll likely be what you've posted. I just don't see Bruno being a good fit for that 6. He hasn't got the ability to take the ball under pressure and turn. For me, he wouldn't be better than Jorginho there.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We don't though? Newcastle play completely different to us. Bruno, given his fee, age and regression in form (in my opinion) would be a risk. Risk maybe strong, more i don't see him taking us up a level.

Guimaraes would absolutely do well here. And I'd say the different style of play argument isnt as strong for me anymore, because Rice.

You sign Bruno, and keep one of Jorginho/TP5 and you have a team ready to go next season, provided all players are fit and healthy. Our winger signing can be integrated in rotation with Martinelli and Trossard, meaning we dont lose effectiveness earlier on.

As for Joao Neves, absolutely want him, and would bring him in as the Jorgi/TP5 replacement in summer 25.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
So you'd play Isak LW? I get the idea but it would only really work if we didn't do the whole inverted full back thing
I hate the inverted full back and find it unnecessary. You find someone who is a younger and more consistent Jorginho/Partey archetype to play the 6 and handle the buildup so that Ødegaard doesn't have to drop deep. Rice plays the 8 and Timber has the freedom to attack from LB when moments present themselves with Rice covering. Isak starts from a wider position like Thierry used to and then attacks the space created by Havertz drifting. That's one way of playing. We could of course also play him through the middle and bring Havertz off the bench in certain matches as well. What I want are a range of options that make us more difficult to match up against, particularly in the CL knockout stages.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Guimaraes would absolutely do well here. And I'd say the different style of play argument isnt as strong for me anymore, because Rice.

You sign Bruno, and keep one of Jorginho/TP5 and you have a team ready to go next season, provided all players are fit and healthy. Our winger signing can be integrated in rotation with Martinelli and Trossard, meaning we dont lose effectiveness earlier on.

As for Joao Neves, absolutely want him, and would bring him in as the Jorgi/TP5 replacement in summer 25.

So lets say you sign Bruno and sell Partey. You go Bruno 6, Rice 8, Ødegaard 10. Is that any better than Jorginho 6, Rice 8, Ødegaard 10? From what i've seen, Jorginho is a smarter player than Bruno. The issue with both of them is when they are pressed in numbers, they are in trouble.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I can’t see us spending €120m for Neves. He looks talented but it’s a pretty risky deal as there isn’t much to go off. You only have to look at the mistakes made in recent years when clubs have overpaid or signed a player from Benfica too early - Darwin Nunez, Joao Felix, Enzo Fernandez and even Gonçalo Ramos has been meh.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom