• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,109
  • Views 315,102

HattoriHanzo

I don't care which type of attacking player they will buy, striker, winger, false 9, whatever.
Only characteristic I want from this player is to be clinical, to have high conversion rate.
I want him to score from his chances.
When he is 1 vs 1 with gk he must score, not to shoot wide, high, in the gk.
He must score.
In my opinion, this is the main reason why we didn't win the title this season.
We created a lot of chances in matches we didn't win, and our players didn't finish these chances.

To cut a long story short, Arsenal must find a player who will finish his chances.

Kuroske

Nah man. Brobbey is strong & quick, but he likes Man Utd. Big no for me.
Besides that, he is pretty bang average with the ball on his feet. Can finish, but isn't technical enough

He is strong and quick comparing to the Eredivisie centre backs, but will have a hard time to overpowering PL centre backs with his 1.8m height. That being said, I think he will have a role to play as a pinch hitter.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't care which type of attacking player they will buy, striker, winger, false 9, whatever.
Only characteristic I want from this player is to be clinical, to have high conversion rate.
He must score.
We created a lot of chances in matches we didn't win, and our players didn't finish these chances.

To cut a long story short, Arsenal must find a player who will finish his chances.

We also need a guy that create shooting opportunities for himself. I don’t think any of our forwards really excel a this. Jesus is probably the best at it but can’t finish, with Saka also being pretty good, but not elite in this department.

A guy that can score goals off a dribble gives us better options that a purely clinical box player.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

👏 👏 👏

Exactly this. He fixes three things in one transfer because he is such a complete midfielder:

1. Where should we play Rice? Play him at 6 to make the most of his world class ability to protect the back 4 and Barella can drop deep to help in build up.

2. Who do we play at left 8? ☂️

3. What do we do when Ødegaard is injured? Play Barella as a lone 10 in front of Rice + whoever else we’re getting to replace Jorginho/Partey in the squad

Yeah it’s not gonna happen but a boy can dream still.
My gut feeling is that Arteta sees Rice more as an 8.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

My gut feeling is that Arteta sees Rice more as an 8.
With rice as 8 we will always struggle dominate possession against good team as we saw against Sp**s and United and basically put all of our hopes on Ødegaard every game. Moment he is injured season will be over

sub_sub

I see Rice as a world class No. 6 and a very capable No. 8, who has some potential to improve but may not ever excel in this position. I would like to see an 8 come in who is more of a playmaker, more of an Alonso type player, who is able to unlock a deep block with one pass.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I see Rice as a world class No. 6 and a very capable No. 8, who has some potential to improve but may not ever excel in this position. I would like to see an 8 come in who is more of a playmaker, more of an Alonso type player, who is able to unlock a deep block with one pass.
World class 6 and an average 8

HattoriHanzo

We also need a guy that create shooting opportunities for himself. I don’t think any of our forwards really excel a this. Jesus is probably the best at it but can’t finish, with Saka also being pretty good, but not elite in this department.

A guy that can score goals off a dribble gives us better options that a purely clinical box player.
You have just described world class player.
If they can buy one of these, who would say no?

HattoriHanzo

Kroos has just announced that he is leaving football after Euro.

Could Arteta use his magic power of persuasion?
He is 2 years younger than Gundogan, and we were apparently interested in Gundogan last summer
Maybe Havertz could start conversation with him?

The way Kroos plays, how he orchestrates the whole team, he could play 2-3 years more.

Menard

Kroos is a year older than Gundogan mate, not 2 years younger. Smashing player though and would be a great profile alongside Rice and Ode. No chance it happens though.

HattoriHanzo

I was wrong, Kroos is 10 months older than Gundogan.
But the way he plays, it's like Jorginho, but level or 2 levels better.
He would be perfect player another year or two, with Rice and Ødegaard.

And I know that there is no chance, he said that Real will be his last club,

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

Rafael Leao on the left would be the one.

Then have a clinical striker like Gyokeres.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Have to be very wary with attackers from the Eredivese, Jose Altidore looked good there and in the PL was one of the worst strikers I've ever seen.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Have to be very wary with attackers from the Eredivese, Jose Altidore looked good there and in the PL was one of the worst strikers I've ever seen.
The only time you can have reasonable faith in a striker from that league is when they're South American and make a total mockery of it like Romario, R9 and Suarez. Other than that, very hit or miss.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He must score.

You stick Haaland in this side last year, and we'd have two titles now. Look at the West Ham game, we squandered so many chances. Win that, and we'd be watching the open top bus by now.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Is part of the problem because he keeps getting rushed back?

Hard to say, but Arteta is hardly the man to manage players minutes. Look at all the injuries in the below link, like we'd be buying a Diaby or Wilshere knowing in advance there's a big problem. Sometimes 1 injury can destabilise other muscles

I actually could see him going to City and getting his minutes well managed.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom