• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Arthur Okonkwo (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He seems to be developing nicely and we'll maybe have a choice to make between him and Hein in the next 2.5 years depending on what Turner decides

DuBB

Not a bad upgrade. 6 months there, and if they get promoted, another year on loan as a Bundesliga #1 could really let us know what kind of keeper we have on our hands.

That is, if in fact they want him on loan as a #1.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Read about him by accident and he seems to be doing well on loan. The three are quite close in age so I hope we choose wisely when the tome comes.
Think Ejeheri is slyly the best one. Has the size, the shot stopping ability and is really, really good with his feet. Of the 3, he's my favorite, with Okonkwo a close 2nd. Hein's good but I feel he's a bit overrated compared to the other two because he plays for the Estonian National Team.

Ejeheri played non-league this year but he did so well we recalled him - 11 clean sheets in 21 games. I feel he's gonna get a more prominent loan as a result of his work, so I'm keen to see where he goes from here.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Think Ejeheri is slyly the best one. Has the size, the shot stopping ability and is really, really good with his feet. Of the 3, he's my favorite, with Okonkwo a close 2nd. Hein's good but I feel he's a bit overrated compared to the other two because he plays for the Estonian National Team.

Ejeheri played non-league this year but he did so well we recalled him - 11 clean sheets in 21 games. I feel he's gonna get a more prominent loan as a result of his work, so I'm keen to see where he goes from here.

I'm interested to see how he develops and I do favour Okonkwo over Hein so I was surprised when Hein was retained in a way as they seemed level about two seasons ago. Brian Okonkwo looks set to get a chance with the U18's which is some depth at youth level that I can't recall seeing before.
Ps the second video froze but ngl, I do like a penalty save and good instincts by our GK's

benjamin86

Established Member

interesting i wonder where he spends the rest of the season? I think we should loan out more of our young keepers if they get guaranteed number 1. Even none league is more useful than u21 etc (for goalkeepers)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
interesting i wonder where he spends the rest of the season? I think we should loan out more of our young keepers if they get guaranteed number 1. Even none league is more useful than u21 etc (for goalkeepers)
Agree, this has been a very useful loan. Both Okonkwo and Ejeheri needed this, especially Okonkwo - not only did he miss a lot of football but he's always been a nervy keeper whenever he's missed time, so to see him performing comfortably and doing really well makes me happy. Ejeheri is just really, really solid - never see him have a bad game or make mistakes regularly. The big advantage Ejeheri has over the other keepers is that he can really pass the ball well like Ramsdale.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm interested to see how he develops and I do favour Okonkwo over Hein so I was surprised when Hein was retained in a way as they seemed level about two seasons ago. Brian Okonkwo looks set to get a chance with the U18's which is some depth at youth level that I can't recall seeing before.
Ps the second video froze but ngl, I do like a penalty save and good instincts by our GK's
My guess is that Okonkwo is still slightly ahead of Hein because Okonkwo was our third gk last season. Another season on the bench wouldn't help his development, so it made sense to send him on loan. Hein is getting that experience with the first team this season, and I'd expect him to go on loan next season.

Theoretically, Ejeheri could be our third gk next season with Okonkwo and Hein on loan.

My guess is that Turner will leave after next season. His stock is pretty high right now, but next season he might be our cup gk, so then he'd play Champions League. Playing well in the Champions League should get him a lot of interest, so we'd cash in on him next summer.

Then our new second choice gk could be one of Okonkwo, Hein, or Ejeheri.

froehlix

Hi everyone, usually I'm more of a silent reader on here, but since Sturm Graz is my local team and the team I support apart from Arsenal I thought I might share a little bit of insight.

The Austrian Bundesliga has really been on the up the last couple of years, apart from RB Salzburg obviously, there has been an increasing number of pretty good Europa League performances. E.g. Sturm Graz this year was in the crazy UEL group with Lazio, Feyenoord and Midtjylland where all 4 teams ended on 8 points, sadly we had a bad goal difference and ended up in 4th place despite a win against Midtjylland and Feyenoord and two draws with Lazio.

Generally, we are a really interesting team at the moment I would say. This is something new, because to be honest we were pretty bad and boring for the majority of the past 20 years (although we won a League and 2 Cup titles in that period, which is the most successfull any team has been in Austria since RB took over Salzburg).

Since our new DoF took over about 3 years ago, we are on kind of a streak of good transfers. This is partly due to luck of course, but also because we clearly follow a plan (something only few teams really do). For example, we sold Rasmus Hojlund for about 20M€ to Atalanta last summer, after buying him for 2M€ only 7 months earlier. Transfers like this mean that we are able to spend money on players for the first time in modern football really (a maximum about 3M€ mind you). We are also 2nd in the league at the moment (behind Salzburg), which means that UEL group stages are very realistic next season. We play nice football, with intense pressing. Interestingly we line up in a 442 diamond, which is popular in our league at the moment (I don't think it is anywhere else). We seem to look for a ball-playing keeper for our system.

Now to be more concrete on the situation with Okonkwo:
We have announced a month ago that the contract of our current keeper Jörg Siebenhandl that runs out in summer will not be extended and that we are looking to bring in a successor maybe already in January. Siebenhandl has been at the club for 5 years and has probably been our most consistent player in that time, also becoming Austria's #1 for a short period. Therefore, his replacement has to be real quality for our means. The keeper we get will most definitely be the new #1, at the latest in summer, maybe already earlier.
Our DoF has loaned players on multiple occasions for difficult positions. The loans have always included an option to buy at the end, so that is something that has to be considered. I think it's unlikely that Sturm loans Okonkwo without a realistic option (1-3M€).

TLDR: If this transfer happens, Okonkwo will be #1 in an exciting team, playing modern football and most likely UEL football. However, there will most likely be an option to buy included if a loan happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom