• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashburton Grove

Asterix

Established Member
I understand that the team responsible for Sydney's Stadium Australia has designed the new Asburton Grove stadium. A few comments on Stadium Australia then from someone who's been there quite a bit.

Overall the stadium is excellent. You can get in and out easily and quickly, the seats are comfortable and the viewing angles are all very good, despite the ground being designed for athletics with a later transformation into a football ground.

The one criticism I have is that fans in the higher seats cannot see beyond the first few rows of fans on the other side of the ground. The roof slopes downwards towards the pitch to provide cover from the weather, but it means that you lose a fair bit of atmosphere (not that Aussie crowds are particularly good at singing anyway) as you can only really interact with your own side of the ground.

Overall this is only a minor point but experiencing the crowd as a whole can still be a wonderful part of experiencing a football game. I don't know if the new Ashburton Grove stadium has replicated this situation - it's hard to tell from the computer generated images so far. Hopefully even those in the back row will be able to see most of the fans on the other side of the ground.

Aussie

Established Member
if it is like stadium australia it will be a great stadium as it does trap the atmosphere fairly well

Aussie

Established Member
I can see ashburton grove being a real gooner fortress with sides coming here just knowing they are going to get belted :lol: :lol: :lol:

Asterix

Established Member
I read somewhere recently that work has re-started on Asburton Grove but therer don't seem to be any official announcements. Anyone know what is going on?

Soler

Established Member
In my opinion, I think Liverpool's proposed new Stanley Park stadium is based off of Ashburton Grove. It looks a lot like it on the outside.

Arsene

hehe - liverpool won't be able to fill there current stadium let alone a new one the way they are going!

kNiteMare

Spinksy said:
The one criticism I have is that fans in the higher seats cannot see beyond the first few rows of fans on the other side of the ground. The roof slopes downwards towards the pitch to provide cover from the weather, but it means that you lose a fair bit of atmosphere (not that Aussie crowds are particularly good at singing anyway) as you can only really interact with your own side of the ground.

LoL, from what i experience, most aussies fan are drunk before the event even start, and just scream and yell, great atmosphere but not much singing. :wink:

Soler

Established Member
Nah, Australian's are notoriously lazy when it comes to atmosphere. At an AFL match all they do is chant "<<team name>>" and then clap three times. Rugby World Cup they were dead set out sung completely by the English - and there would've been 2/3's of the crowd Australian supporters.

Arsene

'Singing' per se has never been in the culture of sports down here. We have alot of chanting, bear drinking, beach balls, mexican waves etc going. Didn't culture, but no less involved than englishman.

kNiteMare

Arsène said:
'Singing' per se has never been in the culture of sports down here. We have alot of chanting, bear drinking, beach balls, mexican waves etc going. Didn't culture, but no less involved than englishman.

exactly, thanks for the elaboration of my not so educated description :eek:ops:
Singing is nice, but i have never really seen it happenned here, even with local sports team and competitions etc.

Aussie

Established Member
Aussie crowds make noise at afl games however it isnt singing noise. It just you ****ing ****** Hird and stuff like that. I do get pissed of with my supporters as all they seem to do it chant our team name. BORING

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom