• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Axel Witsel

Raider

Established Member
Fellaini is in the "dream" category, along with Benzema and Cahill.

As for this guy, I like his size. Never seen him play, but I've always heard good things about him.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Never seen or heard of this guy play, never heard of him either. Is he genuinely going to be an upgrade on Song? That's yet to be seen. Not exactly the type of signing that I've been hoping for, however there doesn't seem to be much of a link there. Just his Dad saying that he's ready for a move to England and Arsenal would be his dream move.

GOONER1991

Established Member
USArsenal said:
guess you didnt see him play in both games against us in the Champions League last season?

I guess I have seen him, but clearly he didn't make a big enough impression on me for me to take any notice of him.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
baccy_man said:
Just seen this on sky and we are being mentioned as having an interest

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6954945,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 45,00.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I dont know anything about him maybe others do.
Reading the article, it seems that he has an interest in us, nowhere does it say that we have an interest in him.
"Fiorentina are interested but there are other Italian clubs, he spoke about Italy with (Francois) Gillet and (Gaby) Mudingayi, his team-mates in the national team and he's waiting only for the right offer."

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Lespin said:
Witsel is not a dirty player and i'm even saying this as an Anderlecht fan. He had a bit of a rough patch after that incident but he has been brilliant for both Standard and the Belgian national team this year. I personally think he can reach the same level as Fellaini, although they are completely different players (despite their similar haircut). My main concern is the fact that he lacks pace. Arsenal has enough slow players at the moment so i think another type of midfielder is needed. Oh, and those who are describing him as a defensive midfielder, clearly need to watch Belgium-Turkey next week. He'll play as a number 10 behind the strikers, which is his best position.
How about Defour? Both of them are rated very highly but has since fallen out of radar by big clubs...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Iloveyouarsenewenger said:
Denilson is leaving and he'd be a quality replacement for him.
we already have replacements for Denilson.. they're named Lansbury, Coquelin, Frimpong, etc

not saying that's the right thing to do (and not saying its wrong either), but we all know thats what we WILL do

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
its actually the exact opposite Bourne.. he is naturally (and started off as) a DM and was moved out to the wing because he is quick and decent with the ball and they had a need for one

GOONER1991

Established Member
As I said earlier, there doesn't seem to be any interest on our part, but the question is; would he be able to displace Song from the first team?

Proof

Established Member
Axel Witsel reveals 'dream' of Arsenal transfer

'I personally hope that this was his last season with Standard as he needs to grow and to do it he needs to leave the country,' Witsel Snr told Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport.

'He doesn’t have a specific target but he has a dream and it’s called Arsenal'

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/864713-axel-witsel-reveals-dream-of-arsenal-transfer-as-liverpool-also-track-starlet#ixzz1NmZZf81B" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... z1NmZZf81B</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Signings like this will convince Cesc it's time to leave. Witsel is good but we need established players who have done something in the game. We have an abundance of young potential in midfield already.

belgianfan

If some want to see him in action, Belgium is playing a very important national game against turkey this friday. Very important. And because fellaini is still injured, witsel play in the centre of the midfield.

Vermaelen and Vertonghen could play too, it's not certain who's going to play next to kompany. Lukaku will not play due to injury.
Hazard will play too.

Warship

belgianfan said:
If some want to see him in action, Belgium is playing a very important national game against turkey this friday. Very important. And because fellaini is still injured, witsel play in the centre of the midfield.

Vermaelen and Vertonghen could play too, it's not certain who's going to play next to kompany. Lukaku will not play due to injury.
Hazard will play too.

I think Vermaelen will play left-back and Vertongen/Van Buyten next to Kompany.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom