• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Baros: A further testimony to the twisted mess @ liverpool

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
God has answered a question that has bothered me for a long time. why for **** sake did big donkey heskey lumber onto the pitch for liverpool every weekend for while baros sat on the bench??? i remember the explosive impact he made in his first few prem games. i remember especially him smashing the ball in the net from outside the box and the commentator saying "who needs michael owen?!!!??" he is an awesome player and Euro 2004 has proved it to the world. 2 perfectly good seasons of his life have been wasted by houllier and the rest of the blind donkeys in the pool backroom staff. what has happened to him is like fergie playing carlos queroz in goal (yes heskey is that bad IMO). if i were him, i wouldnt care if rafa benitez offered me Tyra Banks every night for the duration of my contract. i would leave Liverpool. the last 2 years of his career have just shown what a terrible state liverpool is in. shocking waste of an excellent talent. and is it just me or is karel poborsky one of the most impressive players in the tournament??? i said it after the latvia game. the Chzecs will be champions of europe.

thegame24

Established Member
LOL

LOL

LOL

Yes Heskey is ****e, i think Baros was injured though and done pretty well for Liverfools towards the end of the season.

Too late though

Baros maybe decent next season, Hanson doesnt reckon he can play with owen though.

liam346

mess you say its a fecking disgrace, however as always we look toward the new season with renewed optimisim.

Gotta say that a forward Line of Baros and Cisse looks tasty,,,,with Owen as backup.........provided he signs a contract

patrick42uk

Established Member
baros has an advanatage over most strikers at euro 2004. he broke his leg, so he had a lengthy break. to be honst, despite his form, baros is still third choice striker at liverpool. i agree with hansen that he and owen cant work because they are too similar. cisse is at liverpool, and you'd expect him to make an impact. i think he would and should move, but it will be difficult for him to stay in england if he desires a top club. frankly, he wouldnt be first choice for any of the top three teams.

lewdikris

Established Member
Cisse will no more be able to play with Owen than Baros can. Same kind of player all over again. Fast, good first touch but no genius of a passer.

Says everything that Houllier had intended Owen to play as the no.10 in the hole next season with Baros and Cisse fighting it out for the lead striker's role.

Baros is good, Owen's good, Cisse's good - but they can't create chances only finish them. Liverpool are still gonna get sucked into the long ball next season because of that.

patrick42uk

Established Member
maybe those three will be fighting for one position? maybe kewell will be a second striker like aimar was for benitez at valencia? i'd be surprised if a benitez team played long balls.

Adam

Established Member
What is going on? Managers are playing box strikers as hole men as they get experienced (see Raul, Owen, Kluivert). Even our Thierry is taking a creative emphasis now Jose is getting in the goals.

slapz

Adam said:
What is going on? Managers are playing box strikers as hole men as they get experienced (see Raul, Owen, Kluivert). Even our Thierry is taking a creative emphasis now Jose is getting in the goals.

Raul and Kluivert dont really have the pace to skin anyone and wont get much chances to beat the defenders so dropping into a hole means they're giving more to the team than wanting the glory for themselves.

Thierry's always had a creative emphasis but if he's trying more things out, then if its for the good of the team, I'm happy

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Liverpool do have creative midfielders though, such as Harry Kewell and Steven Gerrard who can provide for the finishers. Expect Harry Kewell to play some tantalising football this year for the 'Pool, he's definately due for a big season.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom