• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bayern confirm Hitzfeld exit

KingReyes

Established Member
Chelsea will probably be alerted by this or are they gonna get Mourinho for sure. I think Hitzfeld is a top manager with plenty of experience, much more experience than Mourinho, therefore I hope Chelsea don't get him. :)

Sammer

Established Member
Hitzfeld has done a brilliant job at Bayern in the last years (and before that with Borussia Dortmund winning the CL with a team that has very limited funds).

He is now strongly linked with three options:

1. Real Madrid - Real always feared Hitzfeld´s Bayern Munich in the last years, the "General" might be just the right coach to straighten the Galacticos out (although Valdano & Co are obviousely interested in other things than performance in a coach)

2. Chelsea - I still believe Roman will go for Mourinho though.

3. Taking over the german national team after the Euro 2006. Not a bad idea imo.

Sammer

Established Member
Here´s another thing associated with Hitzfelds exit:

Sagnol claimed yesterday, that he will definately leave Bayern now - he might be interesting for a lot of big clubs - ManU, Real, Chelsea....

JazzG

Established Member
Sammer, is it me or the people upstairs at Bayern seemed to have treated him poorly. People like Beckenbaur have come out criticising the team a lot etc. Seems to me that Hitzfeld kinda lost control on the team. Would you say that is true?

Sammer

Established Member
Very true, JAZZG.

They started the season claiming that this would be the strongest Bayern team in years and yet they played the most boring, uninspired football in years. I do not recall one exciting game Bayern played (besides the one against Real Madrid at home in February) this season in the CL or Bundesliga.

Hitzfeld doesn´t get to the team any more. Felix Magath from Stuttgart just signed today for Bayern and he will have to change the team quite dramatically to be one of Europes top clubs again.

With Sagnol and Lizarazu leaving, this Bayern team looks very ordinary

KingReyes

Established Member
Sammer said:
Very true, JAZZG.

They started the season claiming that this would be the strongest Bayern team in years and yet they played the most boring, uninspired football in years. I do not recall one exciting game Bayern played (besides the one against Real Madrid at home in February) this season in the CL or Bundesliga.

Hitzfeld doesn´t get to the team any more. Felix Magath from Stuttgart just signed today for Bayern and he will have to change the team quite dramatically to be one of Europes top clubs again.

With Sagnol and Lizarazu leaving, this Bayern team looks very ordinary

Is that official Sammer? What does that mean for the talented players of Stuttgart?? Hildenbrandt, Kuranyi etc.

JazzG

Established Member
I Magath is suppose to be a good coach though isn't he, heard he is quite strict so might be able to sort out some of the egos within the camp!

Bayern are suppose to be filthy rich as well aren't they? They should be able to pick up some good players, heard they are after Tevez who is rated well highly in South America.

Sammer

Established Member
KingReyes said:
Is that official Sammer? What does that mean for the talented players of Stuttgart?? Hildenbrandt, Kuranyi etc.

Good question. There are four interesting young players at Stuttgart: Kuranyi, Hildebrandt, Philip Lahm and Andreas Hinkel.

Kuranyi and Hinkel just renewed their contract with Stuttgart this season.

Lahm is on loan from Bayern and since he has had excellent performances with Stuttgart (and the national team), Magath will take him back to Munich.

Still quite unsure, what Hildebrandt will be up to. If Magath stays at Bayern for a long period of time, he might be a Kahn-successor.

But Magath leaving will make him think twice about other opportunities. There are some european clubs supposed to be interested in him.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom