• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 17th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLYokuGXsAAWxB0

No nostalgia. No crying. No excuses.

Let’s just go out there and ruin someone’s night particularly Harold’s one please:

74828579-0-image-a-13_1693306103943.jpg

Martinelli G.Jesus Saka
Jorginho Ødegaard
Rice
Tomiyasu Gabriel Saliba White
Raya​

Bayern 0-2 Arsenal (Teta Luck remontada word to @Makingtrax )

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

The players need looking at but Arteta doesn't get to talk himself out of this defeat either. Going out in the last 8 doesn't feel better than going out in the last 16. Arrogant to enter the season without a proper forward. Bet Bayern fluke the CL now. We were just awful and well fe overrun by Wolves and Chelsea in the next six days.
Not to mention the one-sidedness of our tactics. Tuchel more or less said he was going to shut down our right side. And then he did that and there was no flexibility whatsoever to do something else

mpower2540

I just cba sticking up for this team. Another 1-0 defeat in a big away game with an utterly powderpuff performance. So predictable

Tomi, Martinelli and Saliba the only ones who I thought came out of tonight with any credit.

Legend14

Established Member
Obviously we are not there yet, but we are close. We need real scary attacking threats in the summer to take that next step.

Not panicking over a 2nd place PL under City and a quarterfinal loss to Bayern in CL. Need to look forward.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lol what, our performance was embarrassing, we’re supposed to be a good team, couldn’t even make Neuer make a save. I’d call that embarrassing, at this level. Go out, fine, but have a go at least.

If you say so. Looked like the other team did tactics and had good players to me. Yeah we're a good time but so are they. Yeah they've fallen off in the league but doesn't change quality of their players even if a bit depleted. They've also got experience

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Don’t know why people are turning on Saka when he’s supported by players like havertz, Martinelli and rice.
Saka is clearly managing an injury, no idea why people can see or credit that. Don’t think Ode was 100% either tonight with that knee. Certainly not Gabi, who is maybe just out of form. These three are our most dangerous, creative players.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Yeah, predictable too. Maybe not good enough for the highest level.

I would sack him in the summer.

He does seem to have the habit of finding a way to get things to work then just not change again until it's too late.

Seems some of his best fixes are thrust upon him due to squad availability too.

I think he has done a good job the last 2 years and would give him another season for sure. But his squad management for me is a big mark against him

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Feels like we can't manage a game over 90 minutes if we don't have a lead.

First half wasn't bad for an away game vs Bayern.

Still think w ehave lost the leg in the home game. Should have won that game.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Arteta looks so far out of his depth right now. He's not ready to win the big trophies without adding more tons of quality.

Out of his depth?

We played a decent game tonight, we looked like we belonged on that pitch for long parts of the game.

Arteta’s game plan was very good, so no… he wasn’t out of his depth here.

It’s tight margins at the top, you have to be efficient at this level. Bayern took their chance and defended well after, that’s the story of the game.

As for out of his depth generally? How can he be if we are raising our standards every season?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Thought we did alright to be fair, Bayern is never easy and we pretty much matched them over these two legs...whoever lost would feel unlucky, which means you can be proud of the young team.

If we beat Villa on Sunday, this would have been an admirable defeat we could use in the Premier League race...now it just feels like we can keep the seat warm until City catch us up in games.

That Villa second half will stay with me for some time, ngl.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Nothing disgraceful about our CL campaign, some huge overreactions as usual.

It’s not the best Bayern side we’ve ever seen but they’re still very talented and have only cared about the CL since January.
Utter rubbish from you as usual. Bayern almost got kicked out of CL by Lazio in mid February and were just two points behind Leverkusen at the time.

We lost this tie at home.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Obviously we are not there yet, but we are close. We need real scary attacking threats in the summer to take that next step.

Not panicking over a 2nd place PL under City and a quarterfinal loss to Bayern in CL. Need to look forward.
Yeah we aren’t getting any scary attacking threats whilst we still have Saka. No one of that calibre will want to play second fiddle to him tbh.

We need a much more penetrative dribbler off both wings. Look at Sane today. Martinelli can do it but is a limited footballer.

RedSquad

.. and some here thought we will smash Bayern over two games just because they play half gear in their league. Not even their injuries helped us.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Right now I’d say RW is a bigger issue. Not a dig at Saka but if he’s going to perform like he has lately then we need someone else who can come in and give him a breather
Edon Zhegrova from Lille is that man, he would make that RW spot his own.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Saka is clearly managing an injury, no idea why people can see or credit that. Don’t think Ode was 100% either tonight with that knee. Certainly not Gabi, who is maybe just out of form. These three are our most dangerous, creative players.
They look tired as well, the amount of closing down those three do is unreal. You can’t keep that up all season and for both halves of each match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom