• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Beckenbauer calls for sanctions against Lehmann

Adam

Established Member
His handling of questions and stance is Strachanesque - i.e. don't ask me stupid questions, and i have the confidence and intelligence to respond with witty comments to your questions, but also tell it straight.

It's domination - poor old journalists/interviewers.

beaney

whats he got to loose at the end of the day?

as it is, he knows hes never going to be 1st choice for the german national team.

its about time someone paid attention, and maybe thats what hes doing. hes drawing attention to himself and the fact hes probably better thaN KHAN.

the only reason khan gets into the team above lehmann is that he plays for bayern, and hes deemed to be perhaps more fashionable or whatever the term would be.

AFCG7

Established Member
Hildenbrnd or whatever his name is will be the next number one
Jens is dead now as a German keeper

Sammer

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
Hildenbrnd or whatever his name is will be the next number one
Jens is dead now as a German keeper

Quite right, AFCG7. Hildebrand is the next one - he is damn good for his age - and now he is even getting CL experience with Stuttgart. Looks like he will be Kahn successor in 2006.

I am afraid, that Jens was "dead" before his statements as a german keeper.

F*cking Rudi Völler knew, that he was never going to replace Kahn - no matter how mediocre Kahn performs - while having a top-class keeper like Jens as back-up.

No wonder Jens has had enough of all that phoney Bullsh*t.

Gunner4life09

after reading these comments, u have all convince me that Kahn's a real mother-f****. how could he dump his pregnant wife for some bar maid. wat an ass-h***

AFCG7

Established Member
Kahn may have been idiotic off the pitch.. but who cares about his personal life?
Why bring that into it.. criticise his footballing ability.. not what he does on his own time.

Legend#1

Established Member
But Lehmann has been a better keeper than Kahn for the best year, he should get his chance

What a b*tch

Taozhe

Jens is quite an intelligent man to be honest. But he is also an emotional character and can get out of hand at times. As long as he concentrates on his game at Arsenal, I wont mind :)

A

Anonymous

i have seen kahn play. IMO he is not playing well and have let in silly goals.

Jens has been good behind the pipes expect some stupid clearances.

Overall, he deserves his chance, at least a game in friendlies.

Even better to stop playing for a crappy Germany team and concentrate in winning the EP and CL for the Gunners :mrgreen:

Anders Limpar

Sportsmen are often treated like fools i.e shut up and do what country/club tells you to...

...even if that is true in some occasions a grown up man has the right to tell his heart and shouldn't expect others be such childish bores...

...so what if they dislike each other? I don't agree with all my work mates and we still manage to perform to ourcustomers every day. And yes, it's exactly the same thing. With that said a conflict on the other hand has to be solved if if affects the performance of the group/club/national team/company. But it's not realastic to believe it should be "we're all happy mates" because life seldom is.

A big tribute for Arsené Wenger though for creating that feeling at our club!!

orion

I think the feud goes back a few years, when Kahn was injured and Jens took over as German keeper. Kahn was quick to state Jens was not good enough and he would be soon back as number 1. These guys have a personal competition and just don't like each other, simple as that.

Arjan

Adam said:
Apparently he is going to hold talks with him. Jens should throw some stats at him, then spit in his hair ala Gullit.

Heh.

That spat was from the current Barca coach Rijkaard, actually.

Sammer, wasn't it true that Beckenbauer and his friends at Bayern would only play in the german league if they were allowed a vast majority of the televison money?

Sammer

Established Member
Sort of. Basically, Beckenbauer & Co. had a deal with Leo Kirch, who was holding the TV rights of the Bundesliga until 2003 (his company is now bankrupt).
To be more precise: they had a secret deal, that gave Bayern a little bit of extra money from Leo Kirch - something the other clubs didn´t know about.
So as the other clubs refused to give Bayern a bigger piece of the cake, they just made their own deal with the owner of the TV rights.

That tells you something about the guys in Munich, does it?

GoonerLuke

The Kahn vs. Lehmann rivalry can only be good for Arsenal. It keeps Lehmann focused and determined to prove that he is the better keeper. Lehmann is an intelligent man and realizes that the powers that be prefer Kahn and his image as "the best keeper in the world." But Lehmann is not going to be a party to the hero worship of Kahn and just give him undue praise when he is very obviously slipping. Lehmann wants to prove that he is better than Kahn, and a Champions League trophy would go a long way in doing that...

leongsh

The best response Jens Lehmann can give to Franz Beckenbauer, Oliver Kahn, the DFB, and all their syncophants is to win the UEFA Champions League with Arsenal this season. Take that! ;D

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom