• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White 📝

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The second goal defending was Mustafi level, can't believe you guys thought he was good. His long passes to Saka are also frustrating as hell.
I don't know if he was good but it was a step in the right direction. It was certainly an improvement on recent weeks. Sometimes when you're in a bit of a rut, the climb back to your best is kind of slow but I'll take improvement rather than a continual backslide.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
White and Saka had some misunderstandings during the game. Thought he was mostly good and contributed well in offense, but we were vulnerable on the counter because he sometimes wasn't at the right place. Generally happy with his performance though.

Gunner-Union

We need a proper RB not 2 guys who are cb but can play rb. Who’s the youth rb that’s been loaned out but is meant to be good

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We need a proper RB not 2 guys who are cb but can play rb. Who’s the youth rb that’s been loaned out but is meant to be good
Brooke Norton Cuffy.

Not sure if, tactically or technically, he offers what Arteta wants from a full back. There were high hope's for him but not sure his loans have worked great for him so far..

We were supposedly after that Fresneda kid.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was caught out for the goal, but still felt he played really well.

Suits our style better than Tomi when on form, crucial for us.

Bloodbather

Established Member

This is a lazy take in my opinion. In our system having a RB who is more of a CB makes total sense. The LB inverts and has almost a free role on the pitch, so you're really playing a 3-man defense most of the time. Can't have a regular full-back in that role. Kyle Walker is the only guy I can think of that is a natural RB that can actually play in this system. For the other side, David Alaba is the only one I can think of, though he is an insanely versatile player in general.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
This is a lazy take in my opinion. In our system having a RB who is more of a CB makes total sense. The LB inverts and has almost a free role on the pitch, so you're really playing a 3-man defense most of the time. Can't have a regular full-back in that role. Kyle Walker is the only guy I can think of that is a natural RB that can actually play in this system. For the other side, David Alaba is the only one I can think of, though he is an insanely versatile player in general.
Yeah football has progressed & the full back role has become very niche. The old style idea of a full back is outdated now. What Teta wants from a full back is pretty much just a good footballer with excellent all round ability. Vision, technique, pace, passing range, defensively savvy. Tierney is fine but possibly doesnt quite fit the system. I think when Tomi played when Zinny was out instead of KT, that must have been a tough one to swallow for him..

Wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave in the summer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah football has progressed & the full back role has become very niche. The old style idea of a full back is outdated now. What Teta wants from a full back is pretty much just a good footballer with excellent all round ability. Vision, technique, pace, passing range, defensively savvy. Tierney is fine but possibly doesnt quite fit the system. I think when Tomi played when Zinny was out instead of KT, that must have been a tough one to swallow for him..

Wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave in the summer.

Lauren would have made an excellent modern fullback when you think about it, had everything needed to play the role then and now.

While if Gary Neville played today, nevermind owing Salford City he would probably be playing for them!

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Who is the best exponent of the ‘dark arts’ at your Premier League club?​

premier_league_dark_arts-1024x683.jpg

By The Athletic UK Staff and more
Feb 24, 2023

It could be time-wasting goalkeepers — like Emi Martinez against Arsenal — or the full-back who steals a few yards on every throw-in they take. Or perhaps the central midfielder who breaks up a promising attack for the opposition with a tactical foul.

Every team has a player who stretches the rules to the limit. Whether you call it gamesmanship, football’s “dark arts” or s**thousery, who is the best exponent for your Premier League club?

Our correspondents give their views…

Arsenal​

The pleasing thing for Arsenal is they have more candidates for this than they have done in previous years, showing their increased competitive edge, but Ben White is their operator-in-chief.

Subtle bumps and nudges on opposition forwards while the referee isn’t looking serve as attempts to get in their heads. These worked particularly well on Harry Kane in October’s north London derby. He has no issue winding up opposition fans either, whether it be from taking longer than necessary to take a throw-in or reminding them of the score as he walks past them having been substituted.

ben-white-arsenal-scaled.jpg

White can get under the skin of opposition players (Photo: Visionhaus/Getty Images)

His seemingly intentional dry post-match interviews resonate most though. From popping his collar to his willingness to live inside the awkwardness of these situations, he brings a lot to a matchday, not just with the ball at his feet.

Art de Roché

@Riou They nominated one guy for each team, just posted the Arsenal one.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Ben White stand the **** up and take your place in the starting 11 back. Excellent performance and its clear he's head and shoulders above the version of Tomi we are seeing.

Calmer, doesn't look as awkward on the ball and links well with Ødegaard and Saka.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom