• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Rednapp was born in 1947. Like all boomers, the war was over before he was born
Yes but you know that generation still has this stupid imperial mindset like they're some great conquerors even though they get out of breath going up the stairs.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ā­

Ben White vs Sane who tends to ghost in the 2nd half of the season (Bayern stint, he always starts strong then does poorly plus never turns up for Bayern UCL knockout games), i favour White in that match up but against the dynamic Tel then we might get something more like White vs Rashford encounters or Mitoma (at the Emirates 3-0 loss).

White isn't a natural fullback and we need to keep that in mind, he's perfectly suited for that wide CB role where he can play his progressive passing.

We still need a proper RB to rotate with White as RB is Tomiyasu weakest position since his injuries, I prefer seeing Tomi as a stationary LB or playing CB( his best position).

It's unfair on White that he plays while injured or has no reliable cover for the last 3 seasons at Arsenal (think of him playing with that nasty hamstring injury in a crucual game at St James Park during the business end of season). Him and Gabriel have been our most reliable defender in terms of fitness and have played the most minutes.
Yeah Iā€™d like Ben to prove me wrong but weā€™ve seen he struggles against the more rugged CFs or dynamic wingers.

Tomi and Ben are CB/FBs, I would like a player in the squad who is something like our version of Kyle Walker a FB first, one that can handle even the pacier wingers out there.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
France are a full tier above England today, the latter were at no point rated higher than them for any of the last tourneys. Italy were also favourites for many going into the final in 2021.

Agree that football is in the pits overall and England look the best they have in 30 years at least, doesn't mean they were the best team on paper for any tournament. Backline in particular looks absolutely shocking for a team that hopes to win a trophy
debatable.
Its hard, because with England, you can't go with the team the FA picks, the media and the agents have too much to say about who gets to wear the shirt. so you end up with Lingaard having 20+ calls and now Mainoo being called. They don't build a team, they build headlines, so it is very hard to analyze.

if you ask me, if England builds a team, like Argentina did, they can't be stopped in today's football. BUT, and big but, they never do that, a player has a bad game and all of a sudden he is benched and never called back. the Phillips insistence, all over last year. It is sad to see really.

Yes, France has the Mbappe factor, and yes they are a team, Deschamps plays Giroud, a number 9 who started every single game and scored 0 goals, and was a World Cup winner. Why? because the French, as the Germans they both understand the game. England fans and media not so much.

If you build a team, create some sort of continuum, and make sure that those key roles are filled by people who knows each other (keeper, CBs, Middle) just create a core. There is no core.

If the FA changes their ways, it can potentially be the national team that dominates football for the next 10-20 years, it is never going to happen, why? its just cultural. England is EnglandĀ“s worst enemy.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ā­
debatable.
Its hard, because with England, you can't go with the team the FA picks, the media and the agents have too much to say about who gets to wear the shirt. so you end up with Lingaard having 20+ calls and now Mainoo being called. They don't build a team, they build headlines, so it is very hard to analyze.

if you ask me, if England builds a team, like Argentina did, they can't be stopped in today's football. BUT, and big but, they never do that, a player has a bad game and all of a sudden he is benched and never called back. the Phillips insistence, all over last year. It is sad to see really.

Yes, France has the Mbappe factor, and yes they are a team, Deschamps plays Giroud, a number 9 who started every single game and scored 0 goals, and was a World Cup winner. Why? because the French, as the Germans they both understand the game. England fans and media not so much.

If you build a team, create some sort of continuum, and make sure that those key roles are filled by people who knows each other (keeper, CBs, Middle) just create a core. There is no core.

If the FA changes their ways, it can potentially be the national team that dominates football for the next 10-20 years, it is never going to happen, why? its just cultural. England is EnglandĀ“s worst enemy.
Agree with most of that but I still think France is on its own level. Mental to think about but you could drop Mbappe who is by far the best player in the world and they'd still be #1

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Yeah Iā€™d like Ben to prove me wrong but weā€™ve seen he struggles against the more rugged CFs or dynamic wingers.

Tomi and Ben are CB/FBs, I would like a player in the squad who is something like our version of Kyle Walker a FB first, one that can handle even the pacier wingers out there.

Regarding Rugged CF'S one can point to Awoniyi's goal at the Emirates back in August, gave me flashbacks as to when Ben White was playing CB in the top 4 bottling season (his debut)

He would be perfect in a back 3 playing RCB.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby šŸŽ¼šŸŽµ

The rift that led to Ben Whiteā€™s self-imposed England exile began with a barbed comment from Gareth Southgateā€™s assistant Steve Holland in front of team-mates at the World Cup in Qatar in 2022.

Telegraph Sport understands the fall-out that eventually led to White asking to come home from Englandā€™s Doha base at the World Cup in November of that year started with a conversation between the player and Holland in front of other members of the squad. It was described by sources as having begun when Holland asked Kyle Walker a question relating to Manchester Cityā€™s performance in the previous season.

When he asked the same of White relating to Arsenal, the 26-year-old said that he did not know the answer. It is claimed Holland responded by saying that was because White was not sufficiently interested in football. It was that moment that ultimately led to the player asking to come home on Nov 30.

The exchange was understood to have been days before the player asked to leave the England camp in Doha. Until that request was delivered, Southgate and his staff thought that there was no longer an issue between White and Holland. There was no row or clash ā€“ public or private ā€“ between the pair. Subsequent to the initial comment from Holland, the two men did exchange their views in a private conversation on the same day.

The FA made the announcement on Nov 30 that White had left the hotel in Al Wakrah for ā€œpersonal reasonsā€ and asked that his privacy be respected.

Details about the original exchange between Holland and White that led to the divide suggest that the playerā€™s issue was the public nature of it, occurring as it did in front of a group of his peers. At the heart of the problem appears to be a question of the respect accorded to the player. White was not in the first-choice XI in that tournament, although that is not understood to have been the key reason for the unhappiness on his part.

Southgate announced last week that the Arsenal defender had made himself unavailable for selection for England ā€“ adding that he did not know why that was the case. Southgate also went on to say that it was unrelated to Whiteā€™s relationship with Holland, his long-term England assistant. Speaking on the issue on Thursday, Southgate said: ā€œAlso, I should say thereā€™s never any issue with Steve Holland [and White], because that has sort of been mentioned in articles and I donā€™t like that.ā€

The issue has become significant enough that the rift not only saw White return from Qatar just after the final group-stage game against Wales, but has also meant he has chosen not to play subsequently. Southgate said that there was a ā€œreticenceā€ on the part of the player to resume international duty when he spoke to him in the months after Qatar.

How many attempts Southgate has made to recall White since the World Cup is not clear. The decision about the latest squad, with games against Brazil and Belgium over the next six days, was conveyed by Arsenal sporting director Edu to his FA counterpart John McDermott.

The Football Association has declined to comment. Arsenal have declined to comment. So too have Whiteā€™s representatives. Southgate has been adamant that the issue is not with Holland. He said last week: ā€œPeople can talk about me, and I have to accept that things get said that are false about me. For whatever reason in this role, you have to almost stomach that. But Iā€™m not prepared for that to happen for a key member of my coaching team because that is not the reason Ben is unavailable for selection.ā€

On the morning of Southgateā€™s squad announcement last week, Arsenal also announced that White had signed a new deal at the club to 2028 with a further one-year option. It was accompanied by a video of testimonies from his team-mates. The club has indicated that the announcement was always planned for that day, although it appeared to observers to be a way of mitigating what might have been expected to be a negative response to what was later disclosed by Southgate.

Southgate has said that the door remains open to White with England, should he change his mind. White said in a recent interview with Telegraph Sport and other media that the perception he does not love the game is untrue. He enjoys matches and training but has less interest outside of that. ā€œI know people say I donā€™t like football,ā€ he said this month. ā€œI go home and football is not on my mind. I can just be a normal person, relax. [But] when I am in here, it is intense.ā€

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
Non of Holland business speak about these things.

If White not interested in football then how the f**k he playing at Arsenal right now? And doing perfectly too hopefully him and Southgate can leave soon so England has chance to win something

Synical

Miss Superstitious

France are a full tier above England today, the latter were at no point rated higher than them for any of the last tourneys. Italy were also favourites for many going into the final in 2021.

Agree that football is in the pits overall and England look the best they have in 30 years at least, doesn't mean they were the best team on paper for any tournament. Backline in particular looks absolutely shocking for a team that hopes to win a trophy
Wait, I completely forgot about France! Why does everyone keep saying England are guaranteed to win the Euros then? šŸ¤” Saliba isn't even in their starting 11 šŸ˜­

RichWeath

Terry defends White, and laughs at Klopp being a sore loser.

He says this White issue shouldn't have been made public, and that White informing England was the right thing to do. And he thinks it's obvious the problem is with Holland.

He also says that these media attacks against Arsenal are just trying to destabilize Arsenal and get fans to boo White for the rest of the season.

He has been bringing up how the media hates Arsenal, and pointing it out in different ways in his videos. Even though he is an United fan. It brings clicks, but he seems sincere.

Best content creator along with The Different Knock on youtube for me

A_G

Rice Rice Baby šŸŽ¼šŸŽµ
He apparently humiliate him in front of England squad that's the problem escalated
GJImtj-WsAA30lR

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Agree with most of that but I still think France is on its own level. Mental to think about but you could drop Mbappe who is by far the best player in the world and they'd still be #1

Initially agreed with this but looking at their squad, I'm actually not so sure.

Obviously this is ignoring the managers because yeah:

Jl3cTiq.png

I think most of that is fairly even. Mbappe obviously way better than Grealish but if you remove him as you suggested there's a huge drop. Kane also completely dunks on Giroud if we're being real, again ignoring managerial stuff and just focusing on the individual quality of the players.

Very evenly matched teams on paper tbh.

Both teams lack depth in midfield but have crazy good starters.

France have MUCH better depth at CB, no question about that. Made even worse if we actually leave out White of course.

Hernandez is also the better LB but if Southgate had a gram of creativity in his body it wouldn't be a problem. With teams everywhere inverting their FBs he could literally play Trent as the inverted LB in this setup.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ā­

Out of order that the coach took one comment and used it against him infront of the squad.

Iā€™m surprised how often he gets stick for not being into football from fans and stuff when he has a bad game. I think he has a healthy approach to it all and it should be commended. Or atleast understood.

It's even more demented when you see that White has flourished under Bielsa and Arteta, two of the more demanding coaches in the game. The guy played every minute in the championship for Leeds; in a 46 game season! To question White's commitment in front of the playing group shows a shocking lack of man management and leadership and understanding of the character/personality of Ben White.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
The discourse surrounding White's expulsion from the England squad is draining. I can tell it's an international weekend because this is a nothing-story blown out of proportion by the Brexiteers and the Gammon Gangsters on Talksport. This is nothing-story. If you want to see real drama in an international squad, at least make it interesting like the French. Underaged prostitutes, Parisian mobsters, blackmail, fallouts - the real Hollywood sh!t.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom