• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well firstly it wasn't off topic because it was directly concerning Ben White. And no I didn't say he was overreacting or not justified in his comments on Ben White.

But I definitely don't agree with his implication that Ben White was getting dragged for the Crystal Palace game, because BWhite really wasn't, a few posters had some bad things to say about him but that's it.

As for your last paragraph....I mean the way you're questioning me looks just as weird so pot kettle black in that regard.

No you didn't say, but you ignored that he had argued with some posters, and that some posters said he got skinned by Zaha, which towards he directed his evidence.

You implied that he is overreacting or seeing things that aren't there, and that his reply was not necessary or something weird. That's why I asked you.

He's being crucified wrt the Palace game, are you talking about in this thread?
That's hard to believe given the language you've used.

He just stated that he is doing this because of a few posters here, but you don't believe him. But the evidence is in this thread that some posters did say he had a bad game and/or was in big problems with Zaha, I have read them all after the match. But yeah, do try to paint that he did something wrong just because he said the word "crucify", which I already showed can even be stated towards one person, like dictionary says.

I assume he used the word because White was mostly innocent regarding having a bad game or getting owned by Zaha, which was even implied in his post.

And yeah, do play the martyr over your own actions. I'm here defending Markstar and asking why you jumped in on his arguments like this out of nowhere.

But I definitely don't agree with his implication that Ben White was getting dragged for the Crystal Palace game, because BWhite really wasn't, a few posters had some bad things to say about him but that's it.

As for your last paragraph....I mean the way you're questioning me looks just as weird so pot kettle black in that regard.

Last edited:

drippin

It wasn't so much us arguing a moot issue as yorch being wrong about a perceived mistake and not being able to admit it. I don't like seeing players who played well get crucified for extremely minor or imagined mistakes, very unjust.
This is the post @Macho and @dka1 reacted to, focusing on the word 'crucified'.

It's pretty clear that Markstar used it here mostly to say that White was accused of something that he didn't do.

But you guys wanted to make a problem out of this one word, and interpret it in a certain way, resulting in all this off-topic.

Also the sentence wasn't only about White, but players overall.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit šŸ’ø
Dusted šŸ”»

Naa the truth it that it's been more like this:

View attachment 8431
Literally this lmao

Certain man did minute by minute forum commentary because someone said he got skinned ffs :lol::lol:

He might have got skinned as well but not only did most say "it's Zaha what you gonna do" nobody wants to watch the match again to dispute it.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Literally this lmao

Certain man did minute by minute forum commentary because someone said he got skinned ffs :lol::lol:

He might have got skinned as well but not only did most say "it's Zaha what you gonna do" nobody wants to watch the match again to dispute it.

Doesn't surprise me that if you consider thorough analysis as crying that you don't thoroughly analyse anything :lol:

"no one can be bothered to check", then why make the statement in the first place, numbnuts :lol:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ā­

Weird, because when I said it was two or three posters you accused me of lying. Must've been inconvenient for your narrative. šŸ¤”

But you literally just wrote a post saying "The last few pages of this thread be like" and then in the image; "White had a bad game why are you crying".

So is that just two or three posters you were referring to as well?

Then why say "the last few pages". Can you not see how disingenuous it is to claim you're only referring to two/three posters but at the same time make statements that seems to be referring to more than that.

And btw you only started saying you're referring to two/three posters after I pointed out that it was only a few posters saying that White had a bad game..........

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

But you literally just wrote a post saying "The last few pages of this thread be like" and then in the image; "White had a bad game why are you crying".

So is that just two or three posters you were referring to as well?

Then why say "the last few pages". Can you not see how disingenuous it is to claim you're only referring to two/three posters but at the same time make statements that seems to be referring to more than that.

And btw you only started saying you're referring to two/three posters after I pointed out that it was only a few posters saying that White had a bad game..........

So now you're flip flopping? Did I say it was 2-3 posters or not? You can't have your cake and eat it too, stick to one narrative and I'll address that, or preferably stop wasting my time with personal accusations.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ā­

So now you're flip flopping? Did I say it was 2-3 posters or not? You can't have your cake and eat it too, stick to one narrative and I'll address that, or preferably stop wasting my time with personal accusations.

Erm no, there's no flip flopping, read my post again and properly.

And oh look, another person that said he had a bad game, here's your chance for another minute by minute:

He had a bad game. Thats not discussable.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Erm no, there's no flip flopping, read my post again and properly.

And oh look, another person that said he had a bad game, here's your chance for another minute by minute:

Its ok I've already proven very thoroughly this wasn't the case, and I'll wait for you to stop flip flopping before addressing further.

sdotzdot

Established Member
It wasn't so much us arguing a moot issue as yorch being wrong about a perceived mistake and not being able to admit it. I don't like seeing players who played well get crucified for extremely minor or imagined mistakes, very unjust.

More or less agree with the rest, but he's young for a CB and there's a lot of growing to do. I think there's a quality defender in there for sure, hope to have him a long time.
Yorch is literally wrong about everything mate. Every time I see him post I think of Kim Jong Un and it couldnā€™t be more fitting for his posts.

I do respect the grind though, must be rough to keep going with such bad opinions.

D

Deleted member 102404

I like the part in the doc after we signed Ben, and he was talking about his first game here...

"Drove past a bunch of kids the other day...'Ā£50 million for you mate, you're ****'...they shouted"

:lol:

That was very funny.
I liked that he told the story to his team mates.

drippin

Was funny yesterday to observe how a poster in Arsenal forum gets attacked and suggested of lying, just because he said one word while defending an Arsenal player's performance with clear evidence.

Anyway back to the topic. Look at those Zaha's numbers, and the fact that White had the most successful tackles of all players in the first round.

"Prior to joining Arsenal, White had played for Bielsaā€™s Leeds and Graham Potterā€™s Brighton and thatā€™s significant because those two coaches have a very defined style of play that relies on being the ā€˜protagonistā€™ on and off the ball. White had played as the right centre-half in a back three, in a back four, as a right-back and in defensive midfield and, really, for Arsenal he operates in all of those areas depending on the phase of play.

I must admit that it took me some time to warm to White when he joined, I worried that Arsenal had bought a good footballer but an average defender.
I have subsequently revised that view and his performance up against Zaha on Friday night further convinced me of my revised position. He wasnā€™t spectacular in the technical sense but he showed that he could do the dirty work defensively.

Against an opponent like Zaha, it really is a case of reducing his influence by hook or by crook. Zaha has won four penalties against Arsenal since returning to Palace in 2014 but he extracted very little change on this occasion. He managed one shot (he averaged 2.02 shots per 90 last season) and only completed two of his six attempted dribbles, a success rate of 33% (he averaged 52% dribble success last season)."

---

"White was also part of a network, or pod, on the right-hand side of the team. Tomiyasu and Ƙdegaard also joined the club last summer and they, White and Saka became a sturdy network for ball progression, creating a solid block of passing angles between them. Arsenal allowed David Luiz to leave the club during the summer of 2021 and the Brazilian was, I think itā€™s no exaggeration to say, one of the best long passing defenders in the modern game.

The trouble was that Luiz was too often tempted to sag back towards his own goal when the team came under pressure, causing the defensive line to drop. White preserved Luizā€™s ability to progress the ball out of defence but with the physical (and mental) attributes to keep Arsenalā€™s defensive line nice and high."

Latest posts+

Top Bottom