• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bentley

thegame24

Established Member
WOW

i said it and he done it.

He proved me wrong!

tell me though was he upfront? cause i did say i havnt seen him upfront only on LM and he sucked there.

Oh yea i was right about the bergkamp ljungberg strikeforce :D

well done arsenal

well done bentley for proving me wrong, for the time being anyway.

and thank you for gooners for not saying see see you were wrong etc etc, but i admit I WAS!

Mark

Established Member
yeah bentley came on for bergkamp, so he was playing behind the striker which is his preferred role i don't know why wenger is trying to convert him to left midfield. he plays much better upfront and what a goal! 8)

kajej

Even though he was on for the last 5 mins Bentely did show touches of class, Ljumberg proved he can be a good striker, arguably causing more problems to the other team than when he is playing at RM. Another player who had a great game was Parlour, assisting Bergkamp in his goal and being a more complete RM than he usually is (more attacking play). Toure had a very good game, was partly at fault for the goal but Campbell had a chance of clearing it as well. Lauren also played a ver good game. It was overall a very good performance with everyone playing really well. I really hope Clichy can make the LM his later in his Arsenal career, he is such a complete player. He could also maybe become a Deffensive CM. I really like the guy and he is improving by the game. Honestly sometimes when the camera was far in the game I couldn' tell if it was him or Cole. :shock:
Bentley now showed us why he is so highly rated by many people. A class successor of Bergkamp.

Adam

Established Member
I am a firm believer in Bentley.

Scored that goal today with his left foot today - he is a talent.

Mark

Established Member
yeah we took off vieira today and replaced him with clichy, where did clichy play when he was brought on?

kajej

I believe Clichy played on the Left of midfield again althoughwe didnt see a lot of him to be honest.

tox

yeh he went onto the left, freddie went out to the right and pires and bently played last 5 upfront together.

Mark

Established Member
wenger seems to have a lot of faith in him, maybe he'll get more games and if he lives up to the hype he should get the no.10 shirt, but he'll have a hard time replacing a legend like bergkamp. if he can do it that would be great.

JGooner

i know people have been making this comparison for ages, but it does have something to it. watching Bentley shimmy and tap the ball to the side to create space for the lob was EXACTLY like watching Bergkamp do the identical manouvre a million times before. He moves like Bergkamp, he has the same initials as Bergkamp, he plays in the same position as Bergkamp, he has the same speciality as Bergkamp (delicate lobs). He may have a crueller barber than Bergkamp, but that can be sorted out later.

But I can't really see how he is going to become a first teamer if we buy the strikers we have been linked with. Henry is obviously the boss, and if buy Kluivert or Reyes or Eto'o (or perhaps Kluivert AND Reyes), then they will be partnering him. That would leave our young strikers competing for scraps for the forseeable future because Kluivert, Henry, Reyes, Eto'o etc are not going to be retiring anytime soon. What do you reckon Bentley's future is?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Well, the obvious thing to say is it's highly unlikely we'd be signing all if any of them!
But obviously Thierry will be numero uno next season, I think Ali and DB37 are 2 years from truly establishing themselves- maybe they'll prove me wrong

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Bentley has got a future at Arsenal regardless of any signings. I've been telling anyone that would listen that he's gonna be the mutts nuts for a couple of years now, and he does have the potential to be the new DB10.

The most important thing about him that stands him out from other young talents is that he has 100% confidence in his ability, and always has. Came on as sub today and the first thing he did was have a crack from a free kick! He's got a beautiful combination of knowing how good he is, and the desire to work for it.

Mark

Established Member
if bentley turns out to be the talent he is supposed to be, then i'd rather we played him, it would save us a lot of money and i suppose it would please people who like to have english blood in the team even though it makes no difference to me.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Mark said:
if bentley turns out to be the talent he is supposed to be, then i'd rather we played him, it would save us a lot of money and i suppose it would please people who like to have english blood in the team even though it makes no difference to me.

I agree, but do you honestly think Wenger will do it? Though I have to say, maybe due to financial constraints, this year's been a bit of a watershed for the youngsters, hasn't it?

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom