• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bid for totti made

patrick42uk

Established Member
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/art ... 47&cpid=21

if its chelsea, that would really piss me off. that will be their first real world class signing. i fear chelsea might have made an offer roma cannot refuse, especially considering their financial situation. Some russian group were supposed to takeover but didnt. wonder if abramovic had a word. Really hope real madrid are also one of the bidders, i'm sure he would choose them over chelsea (or at least i hope so).

KingReyes

Established Member
Damn Chelsea Bar Stewards!!
However a while ago I did read that Totti would only leave Roma for Real Madrid. Dunno if its true though.

Bader

:shock: EVEN IF THEY BROUGHT MARADONA THE BEST EVER ... THEY CAN`t DO ANY THING TO THE GUNNERS

Mark

Established Member
I think it could only be Chelski, Man U or Real Madrid. I think he'd only go to Madrid, he certainly wouldn't go to any other Italian team. It's a shame to see this happen to Roma, I did quite like them. Particularly this season they've been really good.

GlasgowGooner

i read last month that Barca are to be given 200million to spend on players over the next two years so i would include them as potential bidders

Mark

Established Member
GlasgowGooner said:
i read last month that Barca are to be given 200million to spend on players over the next two years so i would include them as potential bidders

I suppose that would be good for them, as there's no way they're getting Henry!

An attacking midfield force of Totti and Ronaldinho would be incredible!

orion

Totti is a class act, but I reckon he would not shine in the premiership as much, just like Veron.

patrick42uk

Established Member
totti once said he would only leave roma if it was to help them through financial struggle. i think that will mean he goes to the highest bidder..... Chelsea seem to want to get in the habit of 'statement' signings which is what laporta is trying to do at barcelona. Now its common knowledge that totti is real madrid's next galactico target, despite what jorge valdano says. What a statement it would be if he was unveiled with the blue of chelsea. They will pull out all their resources to get him, and they have a lot of that!

lewdikris

Established Member
It'll be Madrid. Totti's too good a player to go to Chelsea - and he's the obvious next Galactico in the absence of Henry. Christ knows where he'll play exactly, but if he does leave (and I don't reckon he will) it'll be to the Whites.

Mark

Established Member
If Totti goes to Madrid, he would be the player to replace Zidane and would fill his role. Tough job to replace Zidane, but there's probably no one better to do it.

lewdikris

Established Member
Bizarrely, it would be to replace Guti. Leaving a team line-up something like:

Casillas

Salgado Muppet 1 Muppet 2 Carlos

Figo Beckham Zidane

Totti Raul

Ronaldo

Well, they'd score a few goals (!) but i'm not sure about the defence!

This, shamefully, will probably be what happens.

JazzG

Established Member
R.Madrid are being investigated IIRC so maybe no big signing this summer? Also they said they will buy a top quality defender, they would be really stupid to buy another attacking player. Also they are almost definitely gonna go for Joaquin as well.

Most likely to be Chelsea tbh but could be any club. The bid probably won't be accepted anyway, could be us for all we know :wink: :lol:

Mark

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Bizarrely, it would be to replace Guti. Leaving a team line-up something like:

Casillas

Salgado Muppet 1 Muppet 2 Carlos

Figo Beckham Zidane

Totti Raul

Ronaldo

Well, they'd score a few goals (!) but i'm not sure about the defence!

They'd conceed about as many as they'd score with that formation. They're basically playing 3 upfront and Figo, Zidane and Beckham aren't exactly defensive players, leaving their very weak defence completely exposed. They should go for a more defensive midfielder and a CB to balance the team out a bit. Xabi Alonso of Sociedad is a quality DMC, they should go for someone like him.

Aussie

Established Member
JazzG said:
R.Madrid are being investigated IIRC so maybe no big signing this summer? Also they said they will buy a top quality defender, they would be really stupid to buy another attacking player. Also they are almost definitely gonna go for Joaquin as well.

Most likely to be Chelsea tbh but could be any club. The bid probably won't be accepted anyway, could be us for all we know :wink: :lol:

I hear ya thats the only thing holding them back form being the best team in the world with out doubt. There defence i would laugh very hard if they bought another attacking player.

Soler

Established Member
The thing is they're still the benchmark team for everyone. If you can beat Real Madrid, then you're practically the best team in the world in most peoples' opinion.

kNiteMare

Intriguingly there is some speculation that Nafta's decision to drop their interest has been ordered by Abramovich, who is a share-holder in the company, in a bid to leave Roma more susceptible to a big-money bid for Totti.

IF that is true i would really feel sorry for Roma, and i would say Abramovich has again seriously F*** up the football world. Seriously, since he arrived there is nothing but disaster.

Gunner4life09

i though Barcelone were in debt? 200 million. that alot!!!!

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
that sould be really f*ucked up for chelsea to get totti. it would be like having a cross between del piero and zidane playing for them. scary but it wont be the end of the world.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom