• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bruno Martins Indi

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Feyenoord ‏@fr12live 1h
GERUCHT - Arsenal heeft zijn pijlen gericht op Clasie en Martins Indi. De Engelse club is bereid om 25 miljoen op tafel te leggen #Feyenoord
Translation
Arsenal have set their sights on Jordy Clasie and Bruno Martins Indi and are prepapred to offer upto 25m euros to get them

Clasie reminds me of Wilshere (a more defensive option), Bruno Martins Indi - Isn't he a LB?
I have only seen them play for the NT but a 1.69m DM and a 1.81m CB are unlikely to work in the PL

Moderator Action: Topic split.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Re: Jordy Clasie and Bruno Martins Indi

25M for two youngsters, yeah sure.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Clasie is considered an immense talent, apparently his passing is potentially of the highest level. If Indi can play CB too then 20-25 actually sounds reasonable.

If Indi can't play CB it's a weird link to a LB then. I know there is a thought out there that Jordi Clasie would be a great fit at Arsenal.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Buying Clasie would be similar to us going out and buying Luke Shaw, just to stop him joining a rival. Our midfield would be far too lightweight with him and Wilshere, and if he's as good as you lot are making out, he's not going to be a squad player wherever he goes, and there's no chance Jack is getting dropped.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"

Very thin rumour.

Martins Indi (CB and LB, contract until 2016) will be sold this summer by Feyenoord (for money reasons), they've already made this public. There are lots of scouts (also Arsenals) at most Feyenoord matches. Expected this rumour, was waiting for someone to connect the dots. Haven't got a clue what Feyenoord want for him. Very talented pro-active modern defender, but still making mistakes.

Clasie has a contract until 2015. Haven't got a clue how likely Feyenoord would sell him and for what amount. He's arguably the most important player in the current team.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

clockwork orange said:
Very thin rumour.

Martins Indi (CB and LB, contract until 2016) will be sold this summer by Feyenoord (for money reasons), they've already made this public. There are lots of scouts (also Arsenals) at most Feyenoord matches. Expected this rumour, was waiting for someone to connect the dots. Haven't got a clue what Feyenoord want for him. Very talented pro-active modern defender, but still making mistakes.

Clasie has a contract until 2015. Haven't got a clue how likely Feyenoord would sell him and for what amount. He's arguably the most important player in the current team.
From what I have heard and seen off him he's a good passer of the ball and isn't afraid to make tackles but can he play CDM in the PL?

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1017/Buitenlands-voetbal/article/detail/3412478/2013/03/20/Arsenal-heeft-25-miljoen-over-over-Clasie-en-Martins-Indi.dhtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1017/Buitenlands ... Indi.dhtml</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
According to the site caughtoffside.com the English club next summer 25 million for the midfielder and defender of the successful formation Rotterdam bows
Can't believe they are using caughtoffside as a source
please lock this thread :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1017/Buitenlands-voetbal/article/detail/3412478/2013/03/20/Arsenal-heeft-25-miljoen-over-over-Clasie-en-Martins-Indi.dhtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1017/Buitenlands ... Indi.dhtml</a>

how trustworthy is this site my dutch gunners?

Wouterus

I'm a big fan of BMI. Clasie, not so much. He is getting a lot of praise in the Netherlands but I just don't see it. He's talented, but is he really as good as people make you think?

As for Martins Indi: he is actually primarily a CB who currently plays LB because Feyenoord have De Vrij and Mathijsen as central defenders also.

say yes

forum master baiter

What's with all these big rumours sprouting out of the ground? I think we're the only club in the world for whom the majority of our transfer rumours actually come when the window is closed. Transfer front was silent as a grave during January, the window closes and suddenly we're making a new record bid every week.

Our summer transfer business will depend on champions league qualification, we won't be making any major moves until we wrap that up (if we do).

GDeep™

League is very weak

This is a waste of time if the dutch link is quoting caughtoffside.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"

@jms
Think Clasie is capable of playing in the EPL. My only issue with Clasie is his height, or rather lack of it. I don't want us to play in the EPL with too many tiny players.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

GDeep said:
This is a waste of time if the dutch link is quoting caughtoffside.

It is indeed. The Dutch paper that published it isn't a paper for gossips, quite reliable usually, but the entire article is based on the caughtoffside link.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
One of AD's major selling points is their sports section. However, when it comes to rumours, they are as bad as any really.

I like Clasie, he has great passing and vision. Bit small, but I think he's of similar importance as Anita was for Ajax last year when they became Champions (also very small). Not sure how that would work out in the premier league but I always think football intelligence comes first and Clasie has a lot and combines that with tenacity. Good player but kind of depends on the rest of the team, if they can compensate on those occasions where you need height.

Don't know BMI that well. Looks like a good talent with the occasional mistake. Plays LB for now but is supposed to be a CB. No idea why Feyenoord is preferring the ancient statue Matthijssen in their center.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom