• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Love Saka but either of those replacements have just had much better seasons for their respective clubs. Saka might have long term the highest ceiling - not even sure looking at Nkunku - but both would most likely perform right away at a higher level.

Anyone can flop especially under a manager who probably enjoys handball more than footy but with those two you're getting top shelf talents.

I rate Nkunku very highly but it's worth keeping in mind he's 4 years older than Saka. He's basically in a completely different phase of his development. The fact that Saka is already contributing as much as he is at his age is pretty crazy when you think about it.

Hell, I'd argue Nkunku looked like a worse player than Saka before this season where he exploded. Obviously player development isn't a guaranteed thing, but given Saka seems to have a good head on him and the leaps he's taken already since breaking through, I think it'd be mental to let him go.

You could argue you aren't in a position as a club to bring in the type of player Saka might just become, if that makes sense.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Just like when ESR was being linked with Villa, I am certain Saka will stay and sign a new deal this summer.

Once again I will say, if Bukayo is playing for anyone other than Arsenal next season...I will leave AM.

Prepared to again stake my very high reputation on it...plus it's a win-win for Arsenal Mania, no matter what happens then.

Either Saka is still here, or Riou ****s off...happy days, all-round!

VancouverCanuck

Even if we made top 4, other teams like Man City and Liverpool would still come in for him.

The key is continual progression, to the point that we can actually challenge for top honours.

I see some improvements. Saka is actually a big part of it. If we lose him, it will set the club back for years. Regardless of the transfer fee, I don't see the club making the right decisions bringing in someone new.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I rate Nkunku very highly but it's worth keeping in mind he's 4 years older than Saka. He's basically in a completely different phase of his development. The fact that Saka is already contributing as much as he is at his age is pretty crazy when you think about it.

Hell, I'd argue Nkunku looked like a worse player than Saka before this season where he exploded. Obviously player development isn't a guaranteed thing, but given Saka seems to have a good head on him and the leaps he's taken already since breaking through, I think it'd be mental to let him go.

You could argue you aren't in a position as a club to bring in the type of player Saka might just become, if that makes sense.
All that's true sure but regardless of developmental curves - Nkunku finished his season with 35 goals and 20 assists. That's literally Neymar, Cristiano Messi level. Just not very likely anyone reaches those kind of figures again and it's not even like he's just a pure end product merchant either.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Even if we made top 4, other teams like Man City and Liverpool would still come in for him.

The key is continual progression, to the point that we can actually challenge for top honours.

I see some improvements. Saka is actually a big part of it. If we lose him, it will set the club back for years. Regardless of the transfer fee, I don't see the club making the right decisions bringing in someone new.
Progress won’t necessarily be linear.. neither for ourselves or Saka.

If it’s true we put in a 4+1 at his last contact extension, activate the extra year at the end of this coming season. Then either sell or negotiate at that point.

Might seem a bit churlish, but we have been ****ed over so many times with ****ty transfer fees for players who should have commanded so much more, because we’ve been too nice (or stupid) whilst promoting this ‘family club’ image.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Don't see him going this summer, but unfortunately I see his long-term future away from the club unless we improve as a team drastically.

Fabregasm

player of the season twice for us at age 20.... He is our most important player and we should build the team around him, make him our highest wage earner because we will never sign another player like him at this moment

TinFish

He wont leave, but unfortunately he wont become a legend at Arsenal either. No one decent wants to stick around for too long.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good if we not tie him on long contract now city will definitely buy him next summer. He key of our future

He signing new contract i never been worried about this guy is only 21 not 27 he not desperate for big success yet

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I love the kid, think he is one of best talents in Europe. He will be gone for sure if we don’t qualify for CL next season. The great players Arteta has thrown away go in one column; but the homegrown talent will all want out if Thursdays in Kazakhstan is the new success. Playing in Europa is like getting a root canal, it sucks but is a lot better than the alternatives.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Next year isn't unrealistic if he doesnt sign a new contract - but no way we are selling him this summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We'll give him a nice 150k new contract. Until 2026. When it's year 2025 he may consider his future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom