• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 37.3%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 66 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.4%

• Total voters

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

pires-signed-arsenal-shirt-back_1_.jpg

Not a bad yardstick to aim for.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think saka will have such big career but every game i comeback to if he improve his finishing he'll be scary winger.

I'm noticing the other teams go hard tackling to stop him we need to protect our player more really worried about serious injury with these kind of tackles

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think saka will have such big career but every game i comeback to if he improve his finishing he'll be scary winger.

I'm noticing the other teams go hard tackling to stop him we need to protect our player more really worried about serious injury with these kind of tackles
Dan Smith approves of this message.... we've had some dreadful experiences on exactly the above. I do think that players are better protected these days....I hope.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He has everything but end product. His best game of the season though.
Idk hits the post vs southampton surrounded by 3 defenders with that instinctive shot. Could have had a goal today as well if it wasn’t for that late deflection by Diop. I think he’s close to a run of goals, doing all the right things.

The job we ask him to do is hard as well, constantly playing against 2-3 defenders on his own, trying to create something. When Pepe plays there we make all kinds of excuses like he needs an attacking fullback, needs to receive the ball further up the field. Saka has the same issues yet he is the driving force of our team. Soon the goals come again, I’m confident. :)

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Saka can truly be one of the greats in the world if he had end product, I think if he can improve on what to do once he gets to the box he'll be one of the best. Although I still think he's more of a midfielder than a forward.

He has a good pass on his right as well, hits it with power when he crosses.

But his shooting us much less instinctive than ESRs for example.

Both need to improve with their decision making, but I'm glad that yesterday Saka kept going for the dribble and not the pass back more often than not.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He’s become our Riyad Mahrez. Never believed he could be a 1v1 monster like this, but it shows how fast of a learner he is.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Few people saying Saka wasn’t quick, not explosive and couldn’t dribble but he continues to prove he’s got everything except adding the goals.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
When Pepe plays there we make all kinds of excuses like he needs an attacking fullback, needs to receive the ball further up the field. Saka has the same issues yet he is the driving force of our team.
@Troopz

Let's see what mental gymnastics you can come up with here. In the end, like I said, and as razörist succinctly points out, the Pepe issue just comes down to the fact that Saka is just better than him on the RW. And as we're seeing with Gabi--who showed last night he's got that flair that you all **** over with Pepe (proper nutmeg that)--he's better on the left, and a more talented player. Same goes for ESR basically.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@Troopz

Let's see what mental gymnastics you can come up with here. In the end, like I said, and as razörist succinctly points out, the Pepe issue just comes down to the fact that Saka is just better than him on the RW. And as we're seeing with Gabi--who showed last night he's got that flair that you all **** over with Pepe (proper nutmeg that)--he's better on the left, and a more talented player. Same goes for ESR basically.

I’d rather not respond to someone who waits patiently for their right opportunity to reply, so please don’t @ me and that’s me being polite 👍 because if this was weeks ago, then you’d have gone missing like @al-Ustaadh , @say yes etc. Seems to be a common theme with you Artetasexuals.

Also, I love how people are comparing Martinelli and Saka to a player who isn’t even playing. How’s a player meant to show his talent when he’s not playing? The same people raving about Martinelli now are the same ones criticising him a few weeks ago but I really find it funny how butthurt some are on here that a minority of our fans still rate Pepe.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The same people raving about Martinelli now are the same ones criticising him a few weeks ago but I really find it funny how butthurt some are on here that a minority of our fans still rate Pepe.
Yeah Pepe has died a death and isn't a factor yet people still bring him up which says more about them :lol:

Pepe, there's nothing to rate, he's not worked and thankfully Arteta has done us all a favour as his chapter looks closed barring grotesque injuries.

With Saka it's been months of him not quite being like the standards he set last season as noted by the majority of the forum, so it's all good picking specific games and saying "this is why he's xyz". All of the players still at the club have had great games when given a run.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yeah Pepe has died a death and isn't a factor yet people still bring him up which says more about them :lol:

Pepe, there's nothing to rate, he's not worked and thankfully Arteta has done us all a favour as his chapter looks closed barring grotesque injuries.

With Saka it's been months of him not quite being like the standards he set last season as noted by the majority of the forum, so it's all good picking specific games and saying "this is why he's xyz". All of the players still at the club have had great games when given a run.

This is exactly it but I’m guessing in their head, all of the other games (City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Brighton, Palace etc) are not counted as they’re a “free hit” so it’ll be harsh to judge him on 🤣

Hopefully Auba and Pepe both get their moves in January but I can’t really see it happening, not until the summer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Saka and Martinelli leaving Pepe in the rear view mirrors, lovely stuff!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
With his technique it’s a matter of time before the goals start coming. Because he’s been so good since his breakthrough, he’s become a bit of a victim of his own success.

He’s our most consistent attacking player and when he has the ball at his feet you genuinely expect him to make something happen- a fantastic trait in a player.

This guy missed the decisive penalty in the Euro 2020 final shootout and came back to ball out for us like nothing happened. Elite mentality. So proud of this guy, he’s filled the Wilshere void in my heart.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
With his technique it’s a matter of time before the goals start coming. Because he’s been so good since his breakthrough, he’s become a bit of a victim of his own success.

He’s our most consistent attacking player and when he has the ball at his feet you genuinely expect him to make something happen- a fantastic trait in a player.

This guy missed the decisive penalty in the Euro 2020 final shootout and came back to ball out for us like nothing happened. Elite mentality. So proud of this guy, he’s filled the Wilshere void in my heart.

I think consistent is the key word, wherever he's played. Ok he maybe could've scored a few more goals but there's very few games where you could say he's been outright poor in however many games he's played for us now. A very good trait to have which not a lot of young players can say.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom