• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 37.3%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 66 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.4%

• Total voters

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
We considering these players at their peak or how it stands now? I'd take Saka over a few of these names.

There’s at most 3 names on that list I’d take above Saka as things stand… it’s a bit daft tbh. @RunTheTrap would definitely have put dortmund Sancho on his fetish list for example, but who here still rates him above Saka?

Just waiting for @samspade to see this list and declare a holy war tbh.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
There’s at most 3 names on that list I’d take above Saka as things stand… it’s a bit daft tbh. @RunTheTrap would definitely have put dortmund Sancho on his fetish list for example, but who here still rates him above Saka?

I’m just trying to be objective. People are forgetting how young Saka is and he’s only been a forward for about two years. You can’t put him over guys like Rashford or Sterling just yet. However from the little I’ve seen I think Saka is top class. If in the unlikely event that he wins the World Cup and the Premier League then the conservation changes. And I even forgot Mbappe, Neymar and Messi, but that’s a given so I didn’t include them.

And Dortmund Sancho was insane. Easily the best pure winger at the time. Unfortunately for Sancho that was almost two years ago and he’s looking like a poor man’s Reiss Nelson. I don’t think anyone rates him above Saka. Even the most diehard United fans know Saka is better.

Last edited:

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service

Seen it, decided to ignore it😅

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m just trying to be objective. People are forgetting how young Saka is and he’s only been a forward for about two years. You can’t put him over guys like Rashford or Sterling just yet. However from the little I’ve seen I think Saka is top class. If in the unlikely event that he wins the World Cup and the Premier League then the conservation changes. And I even forgot Mbappe, Neymar and Messi, but that’s a given so I didn’t include them.

And Dortmund Sancho was insane. Easily the best pure winger at the time. Unfortunately for Sancho that was almost two years ago and he’s looking like a poor man’s Reiss Nelson. I don’t think anyone rates him above Saka. Even the most diehard United fans know Saka is better.
Saka has something that some of those guys you listed don’t have . . real composure on the ball. Meaning, he rarely loses it and makes the right pass in the majority of situations. You can’t say that about Rashford for sure.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

The sancho point was just to illustrate the very real superiority of the PL and the difficulty some players have in adjusting. If we’re going to entertain this game then we need to take that into account. Would you swap Saka for Leao right now? I wouldn’t because I have absolutely no idea how Leao for example would do in the PL - I have my doubts about his dribbling style where he pushes it too far away from his body and you don’t get that kind of space in the PL.

Then you’re saying Saka is still a kid etc which is true. But then you’ve gone and put foden, khivi and Leao on your list and saka has had more game time than all of them…

Peak Mahrez was sth else, but he’s far from his peak now - I wouldn’t swap them at all.

Rashford is incredibly inconsistent to the point where he had entire seasons where he was rubbish. They’re also very different styles of players and it’s comparing apples to oranges. Even if we compare peak rashford to average saka I take Saka because of our style of play - rashford is better suited to teams that create lower quantity of higher percentage chances rather than our approach of higher quantity of lower percentage chances.

I could go on… what I’m getting at is I’m not sure how objective your list actually is…

RunTheTrap

The sancho point was just to illustrate the very real superiority of the PL and the difficulty some players have in adjusting. If we’re going to entertain this game then we need to take that into account. Would you swap Saka for Leao right now? I wouldn’t because I have absolutely no idea how Leao for example would do in the PL - I have my doubts about his dribbling style where he pushes it too far away from his body and you don’t get that kind of space in the PL.

Then you’re saying Saka is still a kid etc which is true. But then you’ve gone and put foden, khivi and Leao on your list and saka has had more game time than all of them…

Peak Mahrez was sth else, but he’s far from his peak now - I wouldn’t swap them at all.

Rashford is incredibly inconsistent to the point where he had entire seasons where he was rubbish. They’re also very different styles of players and it’s comparing apples to oranges. Even if we compare peak rashford to average saka I take Saka because of our style of play - rashford is better suited to teams that create lower quantity of higher percentage chances rather than our approach of higher quantity of lower percentage chances.

I could go on… what I’m getting at is I’m not sure how objective your list actually is…
Saka’s my favourite player. It’s very hard to be objective over him, but I am trying. I get easily triggered when our fans discredit him. He’s up there for me with Cesc and Henry in my favourite ever Arsenal players; that is how much I like him.

Maybe I am underrating him, but my list is my opinion. I can’t put Saka in the top 5 or even the top 10 just yet. I hear the argument for Mahrez. He’s not the same player, but his body of work is still impressive. I put him in the top 5 technicians in the league. Leão? He’s been moving me. His bsll striking and physicality is class, but he has flaws. Maybe put him in the debatable category.

Rashford is being underrated. He’s had injury issues and poor coaches for a number of years that have scuppered his development. He is very good when he’s on it and has an X-Factor that Saka is yet to show.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If there are 3-4 players in Saka's age bracket and position in world football better than him I'd be shocked. And I'm talking from a semi decent league.

Someone like Rashford is a very good player on his day and a potential match winner but he's so less rounded as a player than Bukayo it's untrue. Saka's decision making is in a different stratosphere to Rashfords.

It's just funny to me, he's not as good as so and so, can't do this and that etc and every single time he proves his doubters wrong.

Saka's just inevitable. Barring bad injuries or personality issues he will be WC. I've no doubt about that whatsoever.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Saka’s my favourite player. It’s very hard to be objective over him, but I am trying. I get easily triggered when our fans discredit him. He’s up there for me with Cesc and Henry in my favourite ever Arsenal players; that is how much I like him.

Maybe I am underrating him, but my list is my opinion. I can’t put Saka in the top 5 or even the top 10 just yet. I hear the argument for Mahrez. He’s not the same player, but his body of work is still impressive. I put him in the top 5 technicians in the league. Leão? He’s been moving me. His bsll striking and physicality is class, but he has flaws. Maybe put him in the debatable category.

Rashford is being underrated. He’s had injury issues and poor coaches for a number of years that have scuppered his development. He is very good when he’s on it and has an X-Factor that Saka is yet to show.
This context helps me understand your post better. Saka is not and will never be “explosive” - if you have a preference for that kind of player that’s fair enough and it’s subjective.

@samspade you can call the fatwa off now…

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Was a harmless list not like it was gospel just an opinion for discussion I liked the list. I ignored the non prem players as it’s difficult for me to judge the power levels.

Your fondness of Saka prob made you judge it harsh maybe.

My friends get really annoyed when Saka gets discredited too, they eager for him to remind everyone his quality against France.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Been thinking more along the explosiveness lines. Obviously Martinelli is more explosive than Saka. I’ve only made it to the Emirates for 2 games this season - and it’s very noticeable how many more people jump out of their seats whenever Nelli has the ball compared to Saka. Horses for courses and all that though.

The best analogy I can think of is that players like Martinelli win you battles. But Bukayo wins you wars.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Leao has been solidly a top 5 player in the world for more than a year now. If anything his style is even better suited to the PL where you have little time but more space to exploit than elsewhere.

He's not as clinical but if he came to City you'd see a close to Haaland level player imo. I love Saka, he's a brilliant and very well rounded player but you can't choose him ahead of Leao.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
We look too much for physical attributes and the excitement factor when we look a wide men and players in general I feel.

Saka isn't going to win you a lot of aesthetic points compared to some. He's quick but not lightning, isn't going to dazzle you with loads of step overs or going glory hunting with 30 yard shots.

Saka is almost robotic and I mean that as a huge compliment. He makes the right decision virtually every time to a degree that is freakish for a player his age.

His football intelligence is what sets Saka apart from virtually all of his peers.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
We look too much for physical attributes and the excitement factor when we look a wide men and players in general I feel.

Saka isn't going to win you a lot of aesthetic points compared to some. He's quick but not lightning, isn't going to dazzle you with loads of step overs or going glory hunting with 30 yard shots.

Saka is almost robotic and I mean that as a huge compliment. He makes the right decision virtually every time to a degree that is freakish for a player his age.

His football intelligence is what sets Saka apart from virtually all of his peers.
@GDeep™

Badger_Revenge

Saka has power and close control. He has speed as well, but it's the first two that allow him to round his man so often before putting on the jets. He doesn't elaborate needlessly. He makes the right decision decisively at the key moment. He is defensively solid. He is reliable - almost never has a bad game. You put him in a match and something really good will very likely happen, and many bad things will not.

He's the most well rounded winger at his age I can remember, and he still can improve.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Saka is not useless in that regard but that and his finishing are two of his biggest areas for improvement.
Football genuinely looks easy for wide players who can go inside or out.

Off the top of my head Vini Jr, Dembele and Mbappe just do one fake shot/cross and like three defenders will go flying. :lol:

Those guys are elite though but it even works with Perisic, barely any pace but always able to get his shot/cross off because defenders just can't gamble on one side.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’m just trying to be objective. People are forgetting how young Saka is and he’s only been a forward for about two years. You can’t put him over guys like Rashford or Sterling just yet. However from the little I’ve seen I think Saka is top class. If in the unlikely event that he wins the World Cup and the Premier League then the conservation changes.
Bolded is key and something that Arsenal fans (or maybe just this forum) does. It's why I get branded a hater for suggesting that Mahrez and Salah are better than Saka.

I think the sensible way to rate players is off the last 2-3 seasons with more weight obviously being placed on the here and now. Saka's obviously having a better season than 90% of that list but the recency bias on here has resulted in someone like Joao Felix going from wishlist material to 'not an upgrade' in the space of like 6 months. :lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Think he'll do okay, as he always does. He's not really the type of winger that is going to have a guy having nightmares when he get's home, that's more Martinelli's bag.

Agreed but I think a lot of his game will be trying to track back and nullify the threat of Mbappe/Theo Hernandez as they’ll try to overload that side.

Let’s hope the folk in Qatar don’t make those lights too bright 👀

RunTheTrap

Was a harmless list not like it was gospel just an opinion for discussion I liked the list. I ignored the non prem players as it’s difficult for me to judge the power levels.

Your fondness of Saka prob made you judge it harsh maybe.

My friends get really annoyed when Saka gets discredited too, they eager for him to remind everyone his quality against France.
Yes this probably it. I am underrating him because if I were to put him in the top 5 I’d be setting him up to a new level of criticism. If he’s not playing like Salah every week people on this forum will then call him overrated and I don’t think that’s fair. If anything, throughout his whole career, Saka has been underrated. Bro there were debates between Saka and Brandon Williams ffs! Look at the climb he has had to make just to get respect from rival fans. Even in this World Cup I’ve seen people say Bowen should be in the team over Saka. Bowen FFS!

As for the non-PL that’s hard to judge. I even scolded Trilly last night for saying Felix would be better than Martinelli, so I’m being hypocritical putting Leão over Saka. But Leão has something about him that screams superstar.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom