• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 54 37.5%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 71 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 19 13.2%

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How was he predicatable? He played on the left, right and the middle. Scored lots of different goals, pressed like a machine, tracked back to his own penalty area ffs. Played into afew blind alleys but atleast he could be his man alot. The pros outweighed the cons heavily. Why we chose to keep Özil of him il never know.
Alexis was amazing but he was an individualist. In his best seasons, we were miles off the pace but in Özil’s best seasons we challenged for the league because he made others better.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

How was he predicatable? He played on the left, right and the middle. Scored lots of different goals, pressed like a machine, tracked back to his own penalty area ffs. Played into afew blind alleys but atleast he could be his man alot. The pros outweighed the cons heavily. Why we chose to keep Özil of him il never know.

Because he had one method of getting past players and once that was sussed out he completely dropped off. Gave the ball away so much without delivering.

ItzdoctorZ

Ode is as good as Cesc was. RVP was world class for 2-3 years, I do not think there was a defender as good as Saliba and Gabriel during Emirates era, Ben White is the best right back during Emirates era, Rice is probably the closest to Patrick Vieira, And Sanchez was never world class, that is why Barca got rid of him. He was our best player during our worst time. But Saka is miles better than he ever was,
Idk about Saka over Sanchez...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ode is as good as Cesc was. RVP was world class for 2-3 years, I do not think there was a defender as good as Saliba and Gabriel during Emirates era, Ben White is the best right back during Emirates era, Rice is probably the closest to Patrick Vieira, And Sanchez was never world class, that is why Barca got rid of him. He was our best player during our worst time. But Saka is miles better than he ever was,
Stick to kabaddi.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He wasn’t sold? He refused a new deal.
He actually agreed a deal but we didn’t push it through because Gazidis thought handshakes were legally binding apparently:
The Times said:
Arsenal’s frustration at Alexis Sánchez’s slump in form after his decision to run down his contract has been exacerbated by the fact that the Chile international agreed the terms of a new deal at the club 12 months ago. Sánchez is even understood to have shaken hands on the deal last December before changing his mind as Arsenal went out of the Champions League after a humiliating 10-2 aggregate defeat by Bayern Munich in the round of 16. Sánchez made it clear that he wanted to join Manchester City last summer and having failed to perform to his best since that transfer collapsed in August, will leave Arsenal for free next summer.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

17/18 - 11 goals and 9 assists in 3200 mins

He had a bad season, nothing aligned and we decided to sell.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That just doesn't line up to reality. You don't **** house your way into getting the numbers Saka has this season. This narrative that "Saka hasn't been that good" needs binning immediately.
You kind of can.

This whole forum was in agreement that he started the season not playing that well (check this very thread) yet that’s when he was racking up GA at the highest rate.

He takes a great set piece for the best set piece team in the league and is also on pens. There’s a reason why he hasn’t made the final shortlists for any of POTS awards and it’s not anti-Arsenal bias because Ode and Rice have.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

True, Ødegaard did start slow and there is a lot of recency bias for sure.

Also whilst he did a lot of good stuff and really enjoyed his play this season Palmer surely took the piss with his pens.
21GA minus the pens is still pretty good, but with him it’s more about his level of influence for Chelsea. Will be interesting to see what he does next season, they’re starting to improve as a team and are playing through him way less.

Also what’s the consensus? Are we discounting penalties, taking them with a pinch of salt or fully viewing them as a legit part of a player’s GA? You know why I’m asking :lol:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
In regards to Palmer he is just the new toy. I could see what happened to Bruno (penalties were also a big part of his debut season) happening to Palmer if he loses penalties or Chelsea don't get as much.

Foden is an English player in the best team in the world so he will always be a bit hyped up. I think the NT sets Saka and Foden apart as Saka always shines.

The one puzzling thing for me for Saka is the refs. I don't know if he has a reputation among them or if it's a northern thing and they think he's soft but there is definitely some bias there.

Rival fans, I see some overrated claims but the overwhelming consensus is most fans want a "Saka" in their team like the tweet says.
Spot on on all accounts. Palmer will be conning refs for pens at West Ham in three seasons time.

Caitlyn Foden wouldn't even make the POTY shortlist if he weren't English. The media thinks he's transitioning so he gets extra votes but let's be real he's not even top 3 at City ffs.

Saka is a much more mature player. If we're honest he's a bit boring because he always goes for high percentage plays and also lacks a burst of pace but his decision making, consistency in weight of pass finishing and absurd strength you can't ignore him for these lists.

Tom349

Embarrassing. Not the only player to be kicked and won't be the last but if you're generally injured then get off otherwise suck it up and get on with the game. Limping when you lose the ball is a shocking look and tells me that you're not fully invested in the game.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

You kind of can.

This whole forum was in agreement that he started the season not playing that well (check this very thread) yet that’s when he was racking up GA at the highest rate.

He takes a great set piece for the best set piece team in the league and is also on pens. There’s a reason why he hasn’t made the final shortlists for any of POTS awards and it’s not anti-Arsenal bias because Ode and Rice have.

What reason is that exactly? He has similar production to others on that list while having even better underlying metrics. It's criminal he's not on the list.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Latest posts

Top Bottom