• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bungs : Both sides of the argument

Fab Fabre04

This used to be a post of mine but thought I'd post it here too:-

Even the very word “bung”, is contaminated with the filth of corruption, and we know that football is full of corruption, from match fixing Italians, to FIFA ticketing scandals, to money grabbing agents, to tapping up, it all goes on and there is nothing we can do about it because no one is prepared to act. It seems to be an accepted part of the beautiful game.

When someone mentions the word bung, we immediatley think "It sure as hell isn't our manager".

But What if it is? What if the manager we all adore is found guilty?

Would you stand by him and say, well its rife, its an accepted part of the game, there’s no harm in it, it doesn’t matter, look what he has achieved for the club! Or would you say, get the bastard out, he’s ruining our game, ruining our club, he’s killing it!

Is it acceptable? Is it just a natural state of business, ….or of greed?

Managers see players who nearly crash their cars at only being offered £55k a week instead of £60k, agents who illegally push their players every chance they get in order to turn a quick buck, so is it any wonder that they would want a slice of this cake too?

Let's say an agent comes up to AW. His client has just payed him 500,000 to get him a spot at Arsenal F.C and he was intending to buy the player anyway, is there any harm in accepting 30k? (I am not agreeing with managers who have accepted bungs, just showing another side of the story)

If the agent has just pocketed 500k for doing nothing is it so bad to take a fraction of it AND get a player you wanted.

Let's say they agree on a deal and we sign the player

then the agent comes up with another player and AW already has a player with simmilar abilities to the player being offered which one would he take?

OR what if one would cost twice as much as the other? Or had wages twice as much as the other? And therefore one had a bung that was twice as much as the other? Would the manager taking a bung still be acceptable?

Afterall, there is more money coming into football, so you expect wages to go up anyway, and the club can afford it, its not like its coming out of our pockets is it….? But what if it is, what if your club has had to push your team’s wages up because other managers are on the take and pushing up all players expectations?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Although I understand what you want to do, bribes/corruption are despicable and any manager/player caught doingit shoudl be banned for life. Big Business means that moral goes out the window, lets hope that success is still the main goal!

To some weird degree Chelski is more about success then business, for now anyway

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom