• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

C Ronaldo for the Olympics

KingReyes

Established Member
Link

Looks like big clubs and small clubs like Manure will lose key players for a few weeks. Last I heard from Arsenal it was Freddy that wanted to go. Its a bit harsh on the clubs but I guess there is not much they can do. Rangers however have actually dropped Australia's Craig Moore as club captain and transfer listed him because he wants to play in the Olympics.

The best thing about this for C Ronaldo is that he will represent Portugal in football and his favourite event, Diving. :lol: Too bad crying isn't an event he would win that too. :lol:

SF Gooner

C Ronaldo is gonna miss both legs of the Champions League qualifiers and will miss a few of the League games.

AFCG7

Established Member
Nah.. he'll pick up some kind of mysterious injury that prevents him from registering with the Olympic squad..then as soon as the deadline passes he'll miraculously recover.. Fergie's got it covered.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looks like big clubs and small clubs like Manure will lose key players for a few weeks. Last I heard from Arsenal it was Freddy that wanted to go. Its a bit harsh on the clubs but I guess there is not much they can do. Rangers however have actually dropped Australia's Craig Moore as club captain and transfer listed him because he wants to play in the Olympics.

I think freddie wud hav went but sweden didnt qualify i think.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
In the end it doesnt really matter. Australia are gonna win Gold!! GO YOU AUSSIES!!

The Olyroos are fielding a pretty strong team, and finally some of the young fringe players from the Socceroo team can finally show-case their talent to the world....even though it is just the Olympics.

Im certainly looking forward to seeing Carl Valeri (Inter), Alex Brosque, Brett Holman (Both Feyenoord) and Ahmad Elrich. Some excitement there me thinks.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Fergie is now saying that Ronaldo will be given a summer break in the middle of the season - we wont be seeing him until november !!!!

I hope thats true.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Man Utd squad is gonna be sensational in the first few months.

They hav:

Rio Ferdinand suspended till september
Cristiano Ronaldo out till november
Gabriel Heinze out coz of the olymics
Solskjkaer out with long term injury

God if RVN and scholes get injured next i'd be the happiest man in the world.

shaz

is it true that the europeans and south americans have to field weaker sides or something?

and how does a country qualify for the olympics?

kevin_kyle

the UEFA under 21 tournaments dictate who qualifies for the european positions of the olympics.
i think it is similar all around the world.
I know oceania have an actual under 23 qualifying tournament though

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom