• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Caglar Söyüncü

Malky

Established Member
Ill say again I have never seen this kid play, but the consensus I get is that he is talented but prone to error at this stage. We all already have 3 young centre-backs, whats the point of a fourth, especially at this price?

Unless they are already WC like de Ligt I see no point. Speaking of which why not go for de Light instead. If he goes to a super power so be it, but we should not let Sp**s gobble him up for 40 million pounds
Think you've answered your own question as soon as you mentioned De Ligt's transfer fee, he's rumoured to be 40 million pounds, when we're looking at Soyuncu for 20-30 million Euros. We're penny pinching again.
I do agree, I'd love us to sign one of Europe's elite youngsters in De Ligt, but no chance is this club spending that amount on an 18 year old CB.

Stannis

I wouldn't want to see either Chambers or Holding sold. Mustafi's the one who's committed the crime, he should be the one to pay. They're just innocent cherubs, leave them be.

if they get rid of Mustafi that leaves us with Laurent as the only experienced CB, and he can only play one game a week.

Unless of course they plan on getting Jonny Fu*cking Evans

honestly wouldn't surprise me if the club went down that route

Stannis

Think you've answered your own question as soon as you mentioned De Ligt's transfer fee, he's rumoured to be 40 million pounds, when we're looking at Soyuncu for 20-30 million Euros. We're penny pinching again.
I do agree, I'd love us to sign one of Europe's elite youngsters in De Ligt, but no chance is this club spending that amount on an 18 year old CB.

that's true but you would have hoped that the club would have learnt that paying the extra 15 million or so will probably save us money if not make us a massive profit later on.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
A website called Breaking the Lines has him as No. 24 on their list of Players to Watch in 2018. Here's part of their scouting report, for what it's worth:

Blessed with natural pace, especially over short distances, the ability to read and time tackles to near perfection, and an open mind – qualities that have seen him likened to Bayern Munich star Mats Hummels – the progression was never going to take long.

The 21-year-old quickly became Freiburg’s top tackler, winning the vast majority of challenges both in the air and on the ground, as well as becoming a key link between defence and attack in transitional play. He finished 5th in the Bundesliga in tackle
percentage won, behind Niklas Süle, Sokratis, Mats Hummels, and Andreas Christensen; not bad company to say the least.

Söyüncü operates in the central defensive position, preferably on the left side because of his left foot, but has sometimes played as a pivot in midfield. It is in defense where he showcases his top notch physicality, as well as his ability to bring the ball out of the back. He uses his body cleverly to win the ball cleanly on take-ons, leaving opposing strikers dumbfounded as he dribbles away, while utilizing his 1.87 meters to win aerial duels.

A central defender in football today needs to give both long passes and passes between lines in order to support offense, and Çağlar meets these two requirements, passing with vision, technique, and elegance. A ball-playing center back is crucial for teams who play out of the back, and in SC Freiburg, Çağlar Söyüncü is key to the reception, control, and distribution of ball from the back.

Cold and timely in the defensive phase, Söyüncü makes intelligent decisions when snuffing out challenges. At 21, few flaws overshadow his skills: he has a fairly quick recovery speed, he’s good in 1v1 challenges, and in the air, he uses his imperious detachment and coordination to marshal strikers out of harm’s way. Still, he doesn’t know his own strength in getting stuck in, which often leads to him fouling strikers and picking up unnecessary yellow cards. Without a doubt, this is something that must be improved upon. After receiving four yellows in the Hinrunde (the first half of the Bundesliga season), but in the
Rückrunde (the second half), he improved defensively and avoided picking up a single caution.

He’s [owerful and precise when shooting, and particularly adept with both feet. The Breisgau-Brasilianer man is always dangerous when it comes to aerial duels in the opponent’s area; his strong frame wreaks havoc when crosses and set-pieces are put into the 6-yard box.

Finally, the leadership qualities of Çağlar should not go unnoticed. He is a leader on the pitch, and his ruthless defensive work constantly motivates the team to play well. The Makine will be a driving force in SC Freiburg’s backline this season, in hopes that club will finish strong again this season.

Lastly, the Turkish player’s idols are Carles Puyol and Mats Hummels. The truth is, in seeing and analyzing Çağlar Söyüncü’s style of play, he has the leadership and passion of Puyol, with the passing and touch on the ball of Hummels.

http://breakingthelines.com/rankings/24-caglar-soyuncu/

Stannis

hope it works out if this goes through.

At the price being quoted I doubt we will get another CB unless its Evans.

Hopefully he can have a Davidson Sanchez like impact

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So we signing a player without having a manager? Just make Sven and Raul run the whole club

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Altınordu chairman should've just kept it private until everything is done. We know who to blame if Bayern Munich hijack the deal

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Breath of fresh air to be targeting / signing CBs with good height, physique & pace.

Stannis

So we signing a player without having a manager? Just make Sven and Raul run the whole club

No doubt whoever the new manager is they won't be in charge of transfers, however, they would still have some say. I am beginning to suspect more and more that the new manager is decided, and its kept secret so as not to distract from the Europa League and out of respect for Arsène

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not saying Arsenal should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize or something, but if Mavropanos & Soyuncu can resolve the centuries old feud between Greece and Turkey then, y'know, we should probably be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize or something.

Stannis

Not saying Arsenal should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize or something, but if Mavropanos & Soyuncu can resolve the centuries old feud between Greece and Turkey then, y'know, we should probably be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize or something.

forget that, imagine a fairytale where we sign Milinković-Savić. If he could make peace with Sead, that would be something

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Does that means that Chambers and Holding aren’t that highly rated by the staff? I know the latter just signed a new deal but having four young centre backs feels like too much.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Does that means that Chambers and Holding aren’t that highly rated by the staff? I know the latter just signed a new deal but having four young centre backs feels like too much.

Complete overhaul if this is to be believed

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I was just thinking earlier that in a few years Arsenal's top CB pairing could be a Greek and a Turk. Now if they can just find a good CB prospect from Cyprus to compete with them. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom