• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cameroon - Bit Harsh Don't You Think?

Is the punishment abit harsh?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mark

Established Member
It's a stupid kit and if they failed to change it when asked I think the punishment is fair. You can't just ignore what FIFA tell you to do.

Andrew

No, Cameroon don't run world football! 6 points probably is harsh, a fine or so might have been better. But if they're told to change kits then that's what they should do.

michael_334

Mark said:
It's a stupid kit and if they failed to change it when asked I think the punishment is fair. You can't just ignore what FIFA tell you to do.

Mark is right. You can not just ignore them. Its a peice of crap any way. FIFA had to make an example of stupid country's ignoring what they say.

It is Fair

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Sorry, but I think it's outrageous.

How can you possibly justify docking a team three points for wearing an offensive kit!?

Think about the financial implications for a country such as Cameroon.

And the hopes of the nation.

Completely out of order.

michael_334

Beany said:
Sorry, but I think it's outrageous.

How can you possibly justify docking a team three points for wearing an offensive kit!?

Think about the financial implications for a country such as Cameroon.

And the hopes of the nation.

Completely out of order.
This is not completely out of order!

FIFA did this because the Cameroon’s wouldn’t obey the equipment requirements!!

FIFA was lenient at the group stages because there were assurances from the Cameroon’s that the team would wear a proper playing kit in the knock-out phases.

Cameroon subsequently wore the same equipment in the quarter-finals.

The hopes of the nation are in the place of people who deliberately go against FIFA requirements.

For that they have been punished.

Basically, you cannot just go against your word. Especially when you say it to FIFA

I can understand that it’s a big dent in their campaign and it will make things allot more difficult but FIFA must be consistent in issuing punishments for incorrect attire.

Arjan

Remember that we are talking about a shirt here, not a performance enhancing drug of some kind.

The fine is OK, puma?? would gladly pay that, but deducting 6 points is complete nonsense!

Aussie

Established Member
How costly do you think that six points may be. Could it cost them a place in the next world cup. Way to harsh a fine would have been perfect.

michael_334

They went against there word!

Yes, it may have not made that much of a difference.

But, you cannot just do the complete opposite of what FIFA says. They probably thought all they were going to get was a fine. And they were probably prepared for that. The points being deducted will set a standard and I can assure you no country will be making a one-piece jersey for a while.

It was blatant!

You just cant do it.

What's the deal with shirts any way. does it make you faster or something?

Biggus

Established Member

If Ryan Giggs had been wearing a 1-piece kit when he scored in THAT SEMI-FINAL I think DEATH would be a more reasonable sentance :x

Arjan

Aussie said:
How costly do you think that six points may be. Could it cost them a place in the next world cup. Way to harsh a fine would have been perfect.

It will be very costly, they are in a group with 4 other teams, 3 weak opponents (e.g. Benin) and Egypt. So basicly Egypt has got a 6 point headstart.
And only the group winner goes through!
It means that Cameron will not be playing at the WC 2006 over a stupid shirt decision.
The fine was more than enough.

michael_334

I have to disagree, They went behind FIFA's back after they agreed they would change it the jersey for the knock out rounds.

A fine is always a slap on a wrist. I think the points sets a good example for other country's if they want to go behind FIFA's back who generously let them of in the group stages.

It's there own fault.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom