• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup | Arsenal Vs Norwich | 24/10/2017 19:45 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
The game is not being televised live in the UK

Not sure whether it's being shown on Arsenal TV, although for sure there will be audio coverage.

beIN sports connect will be televising the game though, so there will be live links I'm sure.

Expect a youthful lineup with several of our U23 squad training with the 1st team today.

Enjoy the game! @carlito'sway

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This should be intriguing - if Wenger plays a good lineup and doesn't put Nelson and AMN at wing back again. He's already calling up Osei-Tutu and DaSilva (who's left footed and been very good at LWB despite being a CM himself) so he might as well use them instead of shoehorning AMN and Nelson. They've earned a shot in their positions IMO, let them thrive.

I want to see an AMN-Willock midfield, and Nelson/Wilshere behind Nketiah. But it's probably gonna be Giroud and Walcott again with Wilshere filling in the other attacking slot, Nelson and AMN wingbacks again, and if we're lucky, Willock will continue where he is.

Wenger's lineups have been kinda boring this season so I'm expecting a similar lineup to the one against Red Star last week. I'm hoping he really trusts the kids tomorrow and gives them proper opportunities in their proper positions (or at least positions that they are performing very well in like DaSilva).

marting

Play the europa league team, I see no reason not to, an extra game working together wont do them any harm, They play one thursday a week so nothing needs to change and norwich are a better side then the dross we have played in the europa league so far.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I agree with others, play the EL team, the more they play together the better they will get. Maybe play Iwobi now he's no longer a PL starter. My only issue is I dont want to hold Jack back from a PL start but with a bigger gap this time he could still play vs Swansea on Sat. I would love to see Nketiah get a chance, maybe as a sub.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I don't want us to play Coquelin or El-Nenny. Ben Sheaf looked quite good in his limited minutes. I hope he gets the start, but Wenger is way to precautious with the "fringe" youngsters.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't want us to play Coquelin or El-Nenny. Ben Sheaf looked quite good in his limited minutes. I hope he gets the start, but Wenger is way to precautious with the "fringe" youngsters.
If Sheaf does start, it will probably be in defence - although he is also a good midfielder. He is a good front-foot defender with an excellent passing range, so it would be good to see him on the fringes of the team - especially given we are now playing with 3 at the back regularly.

Wenger seems to be doing what he can to appease his squad players and they haven't been doing so badly that they've been losing any EL games so I can't hold that against him. However, I would definitely prefer it if our younger players who IMO have higher ceilings got a better chance to play.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
At the end of the day Wenger will put out a side that he thinks should be able to win the game. He won't want to throw in a hatful of youngsters that might be out of their collective depth. He also has to appease teh squad players who need gametime to keep them sharp & reasonably happy. If he went with such a young bench in Belgrade I can't imagine how youthful the bench might be tomorrow.

Even sitting on a bench for the 1st time for these young players is a step up.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Defence will be interesting as the trio really didn’t work in the EL and had to be bailed out by Cech more than once. Frustrating that Chambers still hasn’t returned.

Really hoping to see Nelson further forward, feel like when his got the ball recently he wants to take on players but is just to far away to do so.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I Agree wth reed's lineup. Also I can't see Mertersacker playing twice in 2 days

Nor Monreal. He's vital to our first XI right now, why are people putting him in the team for every game? Per, Monreal and maybe even Cech should be managed carefully along with Kos.

I want to see youngsters for this, of course I do, but we can't get ahead of ourselves. It seems we have a good crop at the moment, Nelson being the standout, but we should acknowledge that they won't all make it. Norwich are 6th in the Championship, starting a whole team of youngsters against them would be madness and counterproductive.

I'm happy with a boring selection, but I'd just like to see Nelson further forward to see what he can really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom