• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cardiff City vs Arsenal | FA Cup | 25/1/2008 | 13:30

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
arsenalfc0719 said:
Eboue is an embarrassment to Arsenal.

I find it hard to believe that we could actually turn down a bid for him.

Its no wonder Zenit are playing hard to get, after seeing the s**t we've got playing on the wings who wouldn't.
Atletico Madrid rate Eboue at 8m so a 12m+Eboue deal should seal Arshavin?

Actually I feel sorry for Eboue about the yellow card because some referee would have even gave a pen on those. And the fact he was so disappointed at his performance says something too. Maybe going back to RB is the best for him

Anzac

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Actually I feel sorry for Eboue about the yellow card because some referee would have even gave a pen on those. And the fact he was so disappointed at his performance says something too. Maybe going back to RB is the best for him

Nice thoughts but nah - fracking him off completely would be what's best for him. I really don't give a sh*t how badly he feels about his performance - the fact that it is the norm rather than the exception is the REAL concern - he's the team clown & as such should not be on the field as anything other than the team mascot. He represents everything that is wrong with the team, the squad and the manager - as I've said before IMO I won't believe AW is serious about addressing ANY of the football issues until he addresses Eboue's presence in the 1st team.

hackajack

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Gerrard does that pretty much EVERY game and often gets pens (but he plays for England don't you know)

progman07

Established Member
hackajack said:
Clrnc said:
Gerrard does that pretty much EVERY game and often gets pens (but he plays for England don't you know)
And he is a ****ing cheater.

Oh and Clrnc don't worry about Eboue's feelings. He knew exactly what he was doing when the ball was unreachable and he ran into the defender. It wasn't a clear dive, but he wanted to fall there.

progman07

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
I havent watched the game can anyone give a little vieuw about it?
First 30 mins we were totally overrun. The occasion got Ramsey, he misplaced passes and was doing quite bad in his 60 mins. Eboue was as terrible as you know he can be. gave away 90% of the balls, and was lazy as always. He was substituted relatively early, too. Song didn't have the best of form in the first half, either. Nasri was sometimes missing in the first half, but overall he did OK. He missed a great chance. We were lucky Cardiff fluffed lots of shots. Sagna and Toure were beaten few times.

Around the 65th min Diaby and Ade came on for Eboue and Ramsey, they changed the game with their freshness, Cardiff was really tiring then after their strong first half. We created some chances, but couldn't score. The last 20 mins were the typical this year's Arsenal's attacking performance, we tried to score in the last few mins, but we couldn't.

You can find the ratings in its own topic.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
progman07 said:
HollandGooner said:
I havent watched the game can anyone give a little vieuw about it?
First 30 mins we were totally overrun. The occasion got Ramsey, he misplaced passes and was doing quite bad in his 60 mins. Eboue was as terrible as you know he can be. gave away 90% of the balls, and was lazy as always. He was substituted relatively early, too. Song didn't have the best of form in the first half, either. Nasri was sometimes missing in the first half, but overall he did OK. He missed a great chance. We were lucky Cardiff fluffed lots of shots. Sagna and Touré were beaten few times.

Around the 65th min Diaby and Ade came on for Eboue and Ramsey, they changed the game with their freshness, Cardiff was really tiring then after their strong first half. We created some chances, but couldn't score. The last 20 mins were the typical this year's Arsenal's attacking performance, we tried to score in the last few mins, but we couldn't.

You can find the ratings in its own topic.

Thanks mate.

It really sounds just like typical us when you look at us this year.
Its ridicilous that we are getting overruned by Cardiff City with still playing a few of first team members.
Thats not acceptable if you ask me.
If heard RVP was again our best men? he is getting to important for us, we need another player who will take something off his shoulders.

progman07

Established Member
Yes, I think RvP was the best again. He is on his way to the 3rd Arsenal player of the month award in a row.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
I don't know how its possible that anyone can feel sorry for Eboue.

The guy makes big bucks for being ****, how can you feel for that?

RockyRocastle

Established Member
I had a fantastic day out personally, wish every away was like that, obviously apart from the game which was utter ****!

progman07

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
I had a fantastic day out personally, wish every away was like that, obviously apart from the game which was utter s**t!
:lol: Unfortunately only the sh1t part remained for the TV coverage.

Captain

Established Member
Rocky, I'm going cardiff in a few weeks and haven't been in a while; where's good for drinks and laughs (if you were there from saturday)?

cheers.

hackajack

Established Member
progman07 said:
RockyRocastle said:
I had a fantastic day out personally, wish every away was like that, obviously apart from the game which was utter s**t!
:lol: Unfortunately only the sh1t part remained for the TV coverage.
Well Chris ****o Waddle was a pile of steaming poo.

asajoseph

Established Member
Captain said:
Rocky, I'm going cardiff in a few weeks and haven't been in a while; where's good for drinks and laughs (if you were there from saturday)?

cheers.

Avoid the Soda bar - it's the most pretentious place I think I've ever been - the bar staff are wankers, and it's full of knobs that look like they've been kicked out of a London Wetherspoons, but clearly fancy themselves a little too much.

Edward's is a dive too...

Marina is just full of chain pubs, but the Salt Bar is quite good. Music is a bit ****e, but lots of nice girls, so it's usually ok.

All in all, there's nowhere in Cardiff that I'd really recommend - but so long as you go hard on the booze, you'll have plenty of places to drink! High street can be quite fun at 4 in the morning too, especially if you take a detour into the Fantasy Lounge ;)

Aussie

Established Member
****ing upgraded my foxtel package to include a station showing the game. Give me $15 bucks back Arsenal please.

Kenyonhater

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/dan-silver/2009/01/27/the-real-reason-why-arsenal-manager-Arsène-wenger-has-suddenly-fallen-in-love-with-the-fa-cup-115875-21075089/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnist ... -21075089/</a>

(Link doesn't seem to work)

The real reason why Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger has suddenly fallen in love with the FA Cup By Dan Silver 27/01/2009

What we've learned from football this week

Did my ears deceive me this weekend, or did Arsène Wenger actually extol the virtues of the FA Cup?

Rather then launching into a trademarked tirade against fixture congestion and the like, the Arsenal boss actually paid the competition a compliment. Sort of.

Speaking of his side’s upcoming replay with Cardiff, Wenger said (through only mildly gritted teeth): “We could do without it, 100%, but let's not complain because we play football.

“It's one more game to play and if that's the price we have to pay to stay in the hat, we're happy to do it.”

An admission all the more remarkable given that this is a man who has, traditionally, approached the FA Cup with as much enthusiasm as his fellow countrymen have vegetarianism.

Or international conflicts.

Could this sudden, drastic change of heart have anything to do with the fact that the FA Cup is the one piece of silverware Arsenal have any chance whatsoever of winning this season?

Biggest pile of crap I've read in a long time.

97-98 Winners
98-99 Semi-Finalists
99-00 R4
00-01 Finalists
01-02 Winners
02-03 Winners
03-04 Semi-Finalists
04-05 Winners
05-06 R4
06-07 R5
07-08 R5

That is one of the best managerial records in FA Cup history, absolutely amazing, even if it has tailed off since 2005. Pathetic journalism.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
progman07 said:
hackajack said:
Clrnc said:
And he is a f****g cheater.

Oh and Clrnc don't worry about Eboue's feelings. He knew exactly what he was doing when the ball was unreachable and he ran into the defender. It wasn't a clear dive, but he wanted to fall there.
Nah, I wasn't feeling sorry for his fall. It was more of how devastated he look when he ****ed up every thing.

He look absolutely destroyed when he wrongly received the yellow card, then he punched into the ground and fall for dead there when he mis-controlled the great chance for tap in. His confidence slowly diminished till nothing and he was subbed out. Anybody saw his actions when he subbed out on the bench will feel sorry for him. He tried, but he isn't good enough.

I don't understand how Wenger still put him at RM, when he clearly can't make it there. He was great at RB, but Wenger destroyed him as a player. Anyway I saw positives in his last 2 games, even though he was poor.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Maybe, Wenger suffers from amnesia? Every weekend Eboue has a nightmare, Wenger gains a few more wrinkles after being incredibly frustrated at him, and than he subs him off early, due to how poor the Ivorian has been. Come the end of the week, he must forget how bad Eboue was the week before, in order to put him back in the starting line up.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom