• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carlos Vela

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel varnsen

Established Member
spanish newspaper 'sport' is reportedly saying carlos vela is on his way to arsenal. if you don't know who carlos vela is, he was the top scorer in this year's u-17 world cup.

couldn't find an online link, so take this with a pinch of salt for now...

maradonad2g

Saw him in the u17's looked a great striker very lively in the box. I would also like anderson and celso seeing how nuri sahin will be hard to get and same with dos santos.

Ratinho

Established Member
How long before someone goes, 'F**king great, another young player :roll: '?

I say, great another young player. Good to see we are still concentrating on this side during the seasno too.

sabret00the

Established Member
****ing great, another young player :roll: i can't wait :D

should be a great aquisition, the one thing we seem unable to forge through our acadamy is goal scorers, adding another to the mix should mean that in 5-10 years we have a flurry of goals waiting to happen.

A

Anonymous

this boy is something special , he's been tipped for big things , i watchd every match he played in , in this years under 17 world cup , his style of play has a astonishing resemblence to raul , he grew up watching raul and all that watching his idol has payed of and his style of play , if real can snap him up there laughing , raul fades out vela comes along another decade of success maybe, but he isnt spanish so i doubt he'll be the darling of madrid, vela has a great eye for goal and his left foot is really good , recoba raul style if arsenal could sign him im sure the futures bright the futures arsenal , ohh work permit mite be a problem

Nisty

I know spanish, found this..

http://www.esmas.com/deportes/futbolint ... 82855.html

"Si mi destino es el Arsenal, qué bueno", dijo Vela poco antes de emprender el vuelo a Londres la noche del domingo. "El equipo que sea de Europa será muy bueno para mí".

Basically Carlos Vela is saying, he wouldn't mind joining Arsenal.. Just a european team so that he can prove his worth and the standard of mexican football.. The article states that he is travelling to London atm. but that he could go to other european countries as well.. Sounds good.. The future looks brighter for the Arsenal..!

The Article states nothing of Real Madrid nor Raul..

A

Anonymous

well if we could bag this gem we will be loving it,come on Arsène my son , go get him

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I saw quite alot of this lad during the U-17 championships, and he does seem to have something we lack, a predatorial presence in and around the area (Freddie aside). I wouldn't mind signing him, but I can't imagine the likes of Henry being overly impressed if he is our major january aquisition.

Tegh

Established Member
Haven't seen or heard of him, but if he's as good as everyone is saying then I'd say go for it. With any luck, the presence of our Spanish players in our side would help him to adjust to the English lifestyle, incase he had any preservations regarding that.

A

Anonymous

tbh i reckon he could break into our first team ,vanpersie and bergkamp are not playing well and a bright young spark might set them off

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
To be fair though Rvp has only started a handful of games and if we are to ever appreciate his true talent we need to give him more playing time to get his confidence back to where it was pre-summer.

This kid would be a great asset to this team if we could snatch him up but on the back of his U17's displays I'd take this rumour with a pinch of salt as all the big clubs will be running the rule over him espescially if we are interested in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom