• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carlton Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsenal set to make January move for West Ham striker Carlton Cole - Exclusive

Carlton Cole is the number one target for Arsenal as manager Arsène Wenger looks to bolster his strike force in next month’s transfer window.

West Ham striker Cole is seen as the ideal man to add strength and physical presence to a forward line that has been left lightweight by the absence through injury of Robin van Persie and Nicklas Bendtner.

And while Danish international Bendtner will be back within weeks, Van Persie will be lucky to play any part in Arsenal’s season after a severe ankle injury he suffered while playing for Holland against Italy in an international friendly.

Wenger has conceded he needs to find another front man in January – and Cole fits the bill.

He has improved immensely under Gianfranco Zola’s management and has emerged as a strong contender for the England World Cup squad that goes to the finals in South Africa next summer.

The 26-year-old is out of action at the moment with a knee injury but should be fit in four weeks.

Zola will not want to sell Cole but cash-strapped West Ham will find an offer of £15million difficult to resist.

The added attraction for Arsenal is that Cole will be available for the Champions League – and his presence will allow Wenger to ensure that Bendtner is not over-used in the taxing months to come.

Cole has now developed into one of the most formidable front men in the Premier League.

His career began at Chelsea but stalled on the launchpad and he had loan spells at the likes of Wolves, Aston Villa and Charlton.

But since Zola took over at Upton Park, Cole has found consistency and is rated highly by England manager Fabio Capello.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-set-to-make-January-move-for-West-Ham-striker-Carlton-Cole-Exclusive-article246187.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-s ... 46187.html</a>?

Lord Dula

Established Member
let me guess, you likey dont ya gurj?!

well, I for one would absolutely love this to happen. I think Carlton Cole is a tremendous striker of that type and he would fit very well as he actually has decent technique for a guy his size

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I would be very happy if we signed him, Dules. He has that presence and strength we are sorely missing up top. He really has become a very good striker over the last year. He's great in the air and deceivingly skilfull for a man of his size. His finishing has improved considerably as well.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Wouldn't mind tbh. Only problem is, what happens when everyone is fit,like Robin, Nick, etc.? But then I remember this is Arsenal :)

Anzac

Established Member
WHU may be cash strapped & may well sell Cole, but I can't see it happening mid season when they may need him to keep them in the PL = same importance as Chamakh but different circumstances.

longrufus

Established Member
Very good player, bit of a tenuous link though, its as if reporters were reading the agbonlahor thread.

Don't see how we would spend £15m on him, you'd get Gignac for around that, or add a bit of money for Dzeko.

Del Boy

Established Member
He is their best player and English, 15m isn't that bad. I think Wenger has brainwashed some of you.

I mean players like Berbatov have went for 30m,so to start crying over the price would be typical Wenger.

Shame that link is a load of bollocks.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Precisely. He's 26 and still ****. Bendtner is 21 and already a better player. People are getting too caught up on his physical presence.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Del Boy said:
I mean players like Berbatov have went for 30m,so to start crying over the price would be typical Wenger.

So just because Man U have thrown their money down the drain means that we should follow their lead and throw our money down the drain too? That's something I expect from Liverpool and Rafa Benitez.

Del Boy

Established Member
scytheavatar said:
Del Boy said:

So just because Man U have thrown their money down the drain means that we should follow their lead and throw our money down the drain too? That's something I expect from Liverpool and Rafa Benitez.
It's hardly throwing it down the drain is it? We have more than enough money. We are lacking a physical presence up front and Cole fits the bill.

Can't believe so many people are so stingy about paying transfer fees. These days if you want quality you pay money. The Wenger bug is spreading.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Will be a good player to have, but longrufus made a perfect point.

15m can get you much better players and that even include people like Cassano

True Gooner

Established Member
Del Boy said:
Can't believe so many people are so stingy about paying transfer fees. These days if you want quality you pay money. The Wenger bug is spreading.

Or maybe people don't rate some players as much as you do? I suppose that's far too reasonable for you to see. :roll:

I'd pay good money for someone like Defoe, Dzeko and Tevez but signing C.Cole would be a ridiculous decision. He's a decent player but if he played week in, week out in an Arsenal shirt he'd be exposed.

Alfonso

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Precisely. He's 26 and still s**t. Bendtner is 21 and already a better player. People are getting too caught up on his physical presence.

Maybe at 26 Bendtner, if he cut out his ****ishness and inconsistency, may be at least on par with Cole, and perhaps be considered better as you could argue he has a higher ceiling, but right now Cole ****s on Bendtner every day of the week. I would welcome Carlton to our club as long as he does the Carlton dance when he scores his first goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom