• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carmine Coppola

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I really thought Craig Moore would've been a good buy for us as a back-up. He's better than Pascal Cygan in my mind.

But back on topic...never heard of Carmine Coppola before.

Rocafella

Established Member
Gunner4Eva said:
I really thought Craig Moore would've been a good buy for us as a back-up. He's better than Pascal Cygan in my mind.

But back on topic...never heard of Carmine Coppola before.

You're not supposed to of heard of anyone Wenger buys. :)

lodi

anyone seen him play?
cool name though,with him and Mannone maybe we could frighten Chelseas russian mobs :wink:

el jefe

Actually, Carmine is the name of Francis Ford Coppola's father. He did the music score for the Godfather movies. So this kid might be pretty composed on the ball. :D

Everything I've read about him says he is class. Sounds like a typical Wenger signing. I'm just not sure a winger is our most important need right now.

Ratinho

Established Member
Gunner4Eva said:

He's still s**t though. Just because he's a bit better than Pascal, doesn't mean we should buy poor players, because they are marginally less poor than one of our reserves.

famous no 10

Established Member
He's scored 3 goals in 10 seasons, surely that's not right, am I reading the stats wrong, because that's s**t?!

baccy_man

Established Member
this is the most recent thing that i could find but it is from june this year.

Coppola excludes Sp**s option
Carmine Coppola has categorically stated that he will not be coming to England. The Messina starlet, who recently received his first Italy cap, had been linked with a move to Tottenham. "There have been many requests for me," he said. "But, at this point, I probably have more of a reason to stay at Messina. Or better, I would exclude going to England. All the rest must be evaluated but I'd prefer to stay with my team. To have a chance to play in the World Cup, I must be a regular and be in the condition to express myself best."

here is the link

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ ... n1-15.html

Soler

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Sounds like a member of the Sicilian mafia to be honest.

We've already got "Don Vito" Mannone, so why not Carmine "Francis Ford" Coppola? It'd be amusing at least.

Pity he rubbished it.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom