• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Imagine how massive that cup final was for Sagna...joined us in 2007, saw plenty of near misses of glory in his time, then in his last match for us in 2014, he wins a trophy...that must have been such a feeling for him...all the hard work he put in, growing up with Arsenal being such a big club for him with our French connection, must have meant everything to him...probably mentally retired after that game tbf.

Great day, that 2014 final.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Rosicky would be my fav cult hero of the Emirates era, even though most will say he was way to injury prone, which I agree with.

One of my fav players outside Arsenal when I was growing up, just a great little player, was over the moon when he was bought in 2006, wanted long hair as I kid because of him and Pires...loved that he always turned up against Sp**s too!
His injuries were a killer and it's funny because his stats in the latter years were poor-rarely a goal or assist or even more assist- but when he came on, we upped the tempo and went in to beast mode. The pace of our play was so quick and every player joined in. That screamer v Sp**s I'll never forget even six years on.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Indeed Rosicky was one of my favourites too. Shame about the injuries.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Lol the way Cesc left was wrong there’s no two ways about it.
He was right to leave and am I bothered? Honestly not I’m at peace with it, it happens.

Let’s not rewrite history though :lol:
- He went on strike and watched formula one when he was supposed to be with us.
- Joined another London club which is not on really (he’s in Monaco now which proves it wasn’t necessary)
- Out of nowhere he’s come out and shat on the team, conveniently forgetting his own short comings and acting like he was the only one who wanted to win.

I don’t begrudge him, he gave us almost a decade of service but all these violins for Cesc has got to stop seriously.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Lol the way Cesc left was wrong there’s no two ways about it.
He was right to leave and am I bothered? Honestly not I’m at peace with it, it happens.

Let’s not rewrite history though :lol:
- He went on strike and watched formula one when he was supposed to be with us.
- Joined another London club which is not on really (he’s in Monaco now which proves it wasn’t necessary)
- Out of nowhere he’s come out and shat on the team, conveniently forgetting his own short comings and acting like he was the only one who wanted to win.

I don’t begrudge him, he gave us almost a decade of service but all these violins for Cesc has got to stop seriously.

I don't get this thing with Chelsea.We had chance to get him back and Wenger refused,what he should do ? He had best offer from Chelsea and took it.Let alone personal things about how he likes Arsenal etc.Players can sometimes go to rival club,if they don't have many options on table.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I didn’t care, it’s just that he can never say he’s an Arsenal man.
He was good enough where he had a choice so there was really no excuse to go there, so what if Arsenal allegedly said no?

If you’re an Arsenal man, other London clubs are off limits it’s simple.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I didn’t care, it’s just that he can never say he’s an Arsenal man.
He was good enough where he had a choice so there was really no excuse to go there, so what if Arsenal allegedly said no?

All i'm saying is that we could avoid all that crap with Chelsea and seeing him in their kit.If we got him after Barca.

Wenger trusted Özil,Ramsey and Jack.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
This.But Cesc is traitor,because he went for titles and Sagna isn't because he went for money :rofl:
Sagna didn't go for money, he left because he wanted a 3 year contract and the club only offered him 2 years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don't get this thing with Chelsea.We had chance to get him back and Wenger refused,what he should do ? He had best offer from Chelsea and took it.Let alone personal things about how he likes Arsenal etc.Players can sometimes go to rival club,if they don't have many options on table.
You’ve only heard Cesc speak. Wenger hinted Cesc had agreed a deal with Chelsea before he was even made aware Cesc was leaving.

I know who I’ll believe.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
You’ve only heard Cesc speak. Wenger hinted Cesc had agreed a deal with Chelsea before he was even made aware Cesc was leaving.

I know who I’ll believe.

How that can happen if Barcelona had obligation to contact Arsenal first if Cesc ever wants to leave Barcelona ?

GDeep™

League is very weak
How that can happen if Arsenal had obligation to contact Arsenal first if Cesc ever wants to leave Barcelona ?
I don’t know how these things work. Cesc got his move to Barcelona and Chelsea, that we do know.

Why would Cesc want to come back when we were worse than when he left in the first place? He should just be honest, like Robin.

Riou

There is no way Arsène turned down Fabregas, and no footballer picks Arsenal over Chelsea in 2014 if they are genuinely thinking about their career.

Think Cesc just wanted a loophole, to try and remain in Arsenal fans good books when he said we didn't want him back.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I don’t know how these things work. Cesc got his move to Barcelona and Chelsea, that we do know.

Why would Cesc want to come back when we were worse than when he left in the first place? He should just be honest, like Robin.

Well,if Arsenal and Barcelona made that deal about Cesc return to us,there's small chance that some other club could pick Cesc from Barcelona before us.

It was pretty clear what all said.Wenger said that we didn't need him because there is a lot of midfielders in our team.Cesc wanted to come back and we refused.Maybe Chelsea gave him solution before,if things don't work at us.He said that he wanted return to EPL and London and not some other league.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cesc, in his own words was mentally drained, disillusioned with the owners, his team mates and general culture of the club.

No way was he going to turn down Chelsea and Mourinho with their “elite winning culture” to come here and play with Mustafi, Iwobi and Giroud.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
There is no way Arsène turned down Fabregas, and no footballer picks Arsenal over Chelsea in 2014 if they are genuinely thinking about their career.

Think Cesc just wanted a loophole, to try and remain in Arsenal fans good books when he said we didn't want him back.

Think that Wenger had right arguments to turned down Cesc tbf.

Even if that has nothing to do with some secret deal with Chelsea.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How that can happen if Barcelona had obligation to contact Arsenal first if Cesc ever wants to leave Barcelona ?
The Chelsea manager said he had cancelled a trip to Germany at the end of May to watch his son, José Jr, playing in a youth-team tournament for Fulham so that he could talk face to face with Fàbregas in London.

He obviously knew that I was the Chelsea manager so if he doesn’t want to come to Chelsea, I think he refuses to meet with me and when I invite him for the meeting, he told me immediately ‘Yes,’ so that’s one point,” Mourinho said. “I spoke with him and, after 10 minutes, he was telling me he wants to join us.

“Yes, it was one of my easiest signings. He was really happy to join us
and after that, my club was so fast and so strong in doing things, which I was not expecting, really. Normally, these things take more time. My club was fantastic.”
This had been going on behind the scenes before anyone knew about it. Why else would Wenger react like this:

He was engineering a move to Chelsea the whole time, he wanted to go there instead of returning to Arsenal.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
This had been going on behind the scenes before anyone knew about it. Why else would Wenger react like this:

He was engineering a move to Chelsea the whole time, he wanted to go there instead of returning to Arsenal.

So that deal between Barcelona and Arsenal didn't exist? Strange.

Riou

Poor Arsène, not many Arsenal players he was as close to as Cesc.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Arsène signed Özil when we really didn't need another creative midfielder, there is no person/argument that exists that would convince me he wouldn't sign Fabregas even though we didn't need another creative midfielder...he loves his AMs does big Wengz :lol:

Always thought Cesc was lying, he clearly cares about Arsenal, but saw a genuine chance to win the league in England and he had to take it, he tried to save some face with Arsenal fans in the process...kind of sweet in a way.

We needed Özil,no doubt about that.Just because he didn't perform at his level from Real is something different.I know what you mean,but do you think that he wanted to put trust on Jack,Cazorla and Ramsey and give them chance over Cesc ? Maybe that was a case.

Also,Wenger thought : "You left for Barca,didn't make there and now want to come back to Arsenal.Can't happen dude. "

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom