• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League 2007/2008.

Mostarac

Established Member
Finally the 3rd round and the most interesting matches of this competition will be played this week. Many interesting matches tomorrow too with Lazio-Dinamo Bucharest, Benfica-Copenhagen and Valencia-Elfsborg being played. Then on Wednesday we take on Sparta Prague, other matches are Rangers-Red Star, Sevilla-AEK, Toulouse-Liverpool, Sarajevo-Dinamo Kiev, Fenerbahce-Anderlecht, Zurich-Besiktas, BATE-Steaua, Tampere-Rosenborg, Spartak-Celtic, Werder-Dinamo Zagreb, Salzburg-Shakhtar Donetsk and Ajax-Slavia. As for the British teams, I fully expect us and Liverpool to qualify. Rangers should advance too, but I think Spartak could be too strong for Celtic. I think Lazio might get knocked out too by Dinamo Bucharest. Should be many interesting matches.

Original_AAA

My favourites for advancement

Lazio-Dinamo Bucharest
Benfica-Copenhagen
Valencia-Elfsborg
Sparta Prague-Arsenal
Rangers-Red Star
Sevilla-AEK
Toulouse-Liverpool
Sarajevo-Dinamo Kiev
Fenerbahce-Anderlecht
Zurich-Besiktas
BATE-Steaua
Tampere-Rosenborg
Spartak-Celtic
Werder-Dinamo-Zagreb
Salzburg-Shakhtar Donetsk
Ajax-Slavia

Nutsy

Established Member
I don't know, I do agree with most of your favourite picks there mate, but I have to disagree on Werder and Zagreb. Though Bremen lost Borowski to injury, I can see them nicking this one. I have a hunch. And It'll be a tight game between Celtic and Spartak there. Salzburg and Donetsk however, I haven't have any clue.

nidza7

Established Member
if you want to win some money out it on

Rangers-Red Star

red star is falling apart ATM.

Original_AAA

Gunners_Nadz said:
I don't know, I do agree with most of your favourite picks there mate, but I have to disagree on Werder and Zagreb. Though Bremen lost Borowski to injury, I can see them nicking this one. I have a hunch. And It'll be a tight game between Celtic and Spartak there. Salzburg and Donetsk however, I haven't have any clue.

I am very unsure of the Werder vs Zagreb game myself as I havn't seen any of them this year, but my gut feeling say Zagreb. Celtic and Spartak is going to be very close aswell, really didn't want to pick one there, but again followed my gut.

I have no idea who will progress between Salzburg and Donetsk. I thought about flipping a coin, but decided not to.

if you want to win some money out it on

Rangers-Red Star

red star is falling apart ATM.

They are? Hmm, perhaps some money on Rangers and Benfica would yield a nice return.

stuart

Established Member
Anyone think Tolouse could be a tricky tie for Liverpool? I dont think i've ever even seen them play but i think they beat Lyon at the weekend, seems to be all positive vibes coming out of their camp ....

Really looking forward to the Rangers game. Ibrox shall be bouncing

Original_AAA

stuart said:
Anyone think Tolouse could be a tricky tie for Liverpool? I dont think i've ever even seen them play but i think they beat Lyon at the weekend, seems to be all positive vibes coming out of their camp ....

Well, Lyon played with 10 men for an hour after getting a red card early, but as I did not see the match it is hard to say if this was the only reason. I think Liverpool migth get a suprise, but are to experienced in the competition to go out.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
stuart said:

A team capable of finshing 3rd in Ligue1 is a tricky opponent.

Toulouse up for Pool challenge:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fi ... rt=pr.html

How do you assess the chances of the Scottish clubs?

clockwork orange

My favourites for advancement

Lazio-Dinamo Bucharest
Benfica-Copenhagen
Valencia-Elfsborg
Sparta Prague-Arsenal
Rangers-Red Star
Sevilla-AEK
Toulouse-Liverpool
Sarajevo-Dinamo Kiev
Fenerbahce-Anderlecht
Zurich-Besiktas
BATE-Steaua
Tampere-Rosenborg
Spartak-Celtic
Werder-Dinamo-Zagreb
Ajax-Slavia

stuart

Established Member
Just noticed this from BBC website

Coverage: Live on BBC One Scotland and BBC Radio Scotland, Live video and live audio commentary on the BBC Sport website for UK users only

Im reading this right aren't i? It's being streamed on the BEEB website? If so, great news as its always a good quality stream

Mostarac

Established Member
I think these teams will advance.

Lazio-Dinamo Bucharest
Benfica-Copenhagen
Valencia-Elfsborg
Sparta Prague-Arsenal
Rangers-Red Star
Sevilla-AEK
Toulouse-Liverpool
Sarajevo-Dinamo Kiev
Fenerbahce-Anderlecht
Zurich-Besiktas
BATE-Steaua
Tampere-Rosenborg
Spartak-Celtic
Werder-Dinamo-Zagreb
Ajax-Slavia

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
heres my prediction on who to go through.

Lazio-Dinamo Bucharest
Benfica-Copenhagen
Valencia-Elfsborg
Sparta Prague-Arsenal
Rangers-Red Star
Sevilla-AEK
Toulouse-Liverpool
Sarajevo-Dinamo Kiev
Fenerbahce-Anderlecht
Zurich-Besiktas
BATE-Steaua
Tampere-Rosenborg
Spartak-Celtic
Werder-Dinamo-Zagreb
Ajax-Slavia

EDIT: ok i just realise i predictions are totally the same as clockwork, though i prefer celtic than spartak to go through

Mostarac

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
@Mostarac
Why don't you fancy Lazio's chances? Because they're still early in preparation?

Thats one of the main reasons, but also because the Lazio players and management seem to fear Dinamo a lot actually and because few of todays Lazio players have the experience in playing these kind of matches. Also, Lazio`s pre-season has not been the best, they looked bad in the Amsterdam Tournament.

clockwork orange

Mostarac said:
clockwork orange said:
@Mostarac
Why don't you fancy Lazio's chances? Because they're still early in preparation?

Thats one of the main reasons, but also because the Lazio players and management seem to fear Dinamo a lot actually and because few of todays Lazio players have the experience in playing these kind of matches. Also, Lazio`s pre-season has not been the best, they looked bad in the Amsterdam Tournament.
Think Dinamo will be tricky especially, because Lazio play at home first.

What's your view on Ledesma?

I thought Lazio's counterattacks were very direct (wish we could do that more often too). Ball won, straight to outlet Ledesma, who immediately launched Rocchi.

Mostarac

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
Think Dinamo will be tricky especially, because Lazio play at home first.
What's your view on Ledesma?
I thought Lazio's counterattacks were very direct (wish we could do that more often too). Ball won, straight to outlet Ledesma, who immediately launched Rocchi.

Romanian teams have improved remarkably lately, so Lazio must really play at their best to advance I think. I have always rated Ledesma, he came to Italy and Lecce as one of the biggest Argentinian talents, but has since that been a bit forgotten. He seems like an very solid midfielder, good technically and the main man behind Lazio`s attacks from midfield, but also strong defensively. Strange that he has not been called up yet for Argentina though.

clockwork orange

Maybe this is Ledesma's breakthrough season. Thought he was Lazio's best player in Amsterdam.

On the Romanian top teams. Very difficult to play against: tactically very sound, solid defence, skilled strong players.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom